Sign in to follow this  
deano

Walsall

Got my tickets earlier, me and a mate are going from Nottingham. Planning on getting the train, but it looks like the only way to get back is to get a train at 9.44 to Birmingham. Might mean leaving the game earlier, which I''ve never done and dont really want to do. Just wondering whether anyone else was having similar problems or knew another way back.

Cheers, OTBC

The station is VERY close, but even still that 21:44 will be a push.  What time is your last train from New Street?  There is a later train from the main Walsall station at 22:17, but that''s a fair trek away!

[quote user="Matt Juler"]The station is VERY close, but even still that 21:44 will be a push.  What time is your last train from New Street?  There is a later train from the main Walsall station at 22:17, but that''s a fair trek away![/quote]

Matt, were you by any chance in Bath on Saturday ?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]The station is VERY close, but even still that 21:44 will be a push.  What time is your last train from New Street?  There is a later train from the main Walsall station at 22:17, but that''s a fair trek away![/quote]

[/quote]Nope, I was at the Weston Homes Cuckoo Farm.  Why do you ask?

In order to get the last train back to Notts I have to catch the 9:44 also, it''s only a hundred yards from the football ground so as long as we leave a few moments before the other thousand or 2 City fans we''ll be fine

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]Nope, I was at the Weston Homes Cuckoo Farm.  Why do you ask?[/quote]

I remember you mentioning last year that you were a CAMRA member, and saw that you live in Martins Heron, and I bumped into a CAMRA member called Matt from Martins Heron on Saturday. The coincidence only dawned on me today as I am thinking of going to a CAMRA social meeting tonight at the Old Leather Bottle in Wokingham. I am a neighbour in the Warren, by the way.

FAO  DEANO Here is a link to some information about bescot train station with some phone numbers  you mat be able  to get some information about how  to get to where  your  going, hope it helpshttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&gl=uk&cid=14502375871198423038&ved=0CCsQjAUwAA&sa=X&ei=H7RYS57ZC4uGOI7r5bQJ

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="paul moy"]

I remember you mentioning last year that you were a CAMRA member, and saw that you live in Martins Heron, and I bumped into a CAMRA member called Matt from Martins Heron on Saturday. The coincidence only dawned on me today as I am thinking of going to a CAMRA social meeting tonight at the Old Leather Bottle in Wokingham. I am a neighbour in the Warren, by the way.

[/quote]I see, there must be another Matt from Martins Heron!  I''ve actually just moved, and now live in London but still work in Slough doing the "reverse commute"!

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]I see, there must be another Matt from Martins Heron!  I''ve actually just moved, and now live in London but still work in Slough doing the "reverse commute"![/quote]

Guess what, Snow predicted for monday and tuesday, This can''t be called off again can it

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]I see, there must be another Matt from Martins Heron!  I''ve actually just moved, and now live in London but still work in Slough doing the "reverse commute"![/quote]

Guess what, Snow predicted for monday and tuesday, This can''t be called off again can it

[/quote]

sorry minus 3 monday and minus 2 on tuesday the week end not much better in Brum either, and yes I do have tickets as well

looks  like  the  oil drums  will come out of  storage  again  http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Walsall-UKXX0812

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

I heard this from a neighbour earlier, thought he was winding me up.