Sign in to follow this  
Matt_1

Where does this leave Cody?

Sorry i really did look for a thread on this but didn''t see one so sorry thread repeat haters.

I know Cody has had a lot of fans and a lot of people who also think he hasn''t cut it, but how much does this kill a strikers confidence?

He was brought in from a lower league with more confidence and fight than any single player, and now i would think is struggling to hold on to his place on the bench.

It sounds like he is trying to stay positive from the interviews had with him, but with Johnson surely now 1st reserve, he must be prety pee''d off, as anyone would.

Is it time to send him out on loan?  I just can''t see him getting even his traditional 2 minutes any more now.

I for one was a fan.  Thought he could do a good job alongside Holt, but -lucky for us - bad for him - he never got a proper shot.

Loan out time??

Just over a year ago he was still in non-league so I can''t see him getting too disheartened yet, I imagine he will keep doing what he is doing for a while and will get his chances.

I hope so.  Just hope he doesn''t lose that edge that he had when he first came. 

At least he hasn''t lost his bench place yet....

Loan wouldn''t be a bad plan providing we had an immediate recall clause.Johnson may well have jumped ahead of him in Lambert''s thinking, but we''re not exactly flush with strikers.I''d have him ahead of Cureton and McVeigh personally.But then again, I''m not taking training Barry.

i think the player burst onto the scene, and we were all expecting so much so soon. The only reason ollie is ahead of him is because ollie was lamberts own choice and cody was gunns!

Mcdonalds been a good member of our squad this season even though his appearances have reduced recently!

Hes been unlucky in that hes at a club that are on fire up front this season - the highest scoring League side currently!

I think he''d get in most other League 1 sides and was playing at a level lower than the Conference last season so if hes sensible hes not going to spit the dummy yet!

Why loan him out when we are doing so well especially with Cureton likely to be on his way?

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]would you rather be a professional footballer or a scaffolder?[/quote]

totally agree, but it''s still a knock back from being a 20+ a season striker to trying to keep your place on the bench...

...i think to be honest , he has done ok, otherwise he wouldn''t be on the bench with Johnson.  hopefully he is still part of the plan.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]He''s out of contract this summer[/quote]True, however we have a long term option on his contract so that''s not an issue if we want to keep him.

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]would you rather be a professional footballer or a scaffolder?[/quote]

Precisely - I bet he still can''t believe his luck.I''ve heard that Uncle Fester is top on his birthday card list.

Yup, Cody has come a long long way in a short space of time! Would really love to see him live the dream with us, best of luck, though cant see him getting in at the mo!!!

Has he been playing on the reserves team, and if so, how has he been doing there?

Off on a tangent (off on, that''s an oxymoron!) are there rules as to who can play for the reserves and the first team?  I mean, can he play for the reserves one day and be on the first team bench the next, or is there some rule about that?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Has he been playing on the reserves team, and if so, how has he been doing there?

Off on a tangent (off on, that''s an oxymoron!) are there rules as to who can play for the reserves and the first team?  I mean, can he play for the reserves one day and be on the first team bench the next, or is there some rule about that?

[/quote]There have been very few reserve games, because Glenn Roeder withdrew us from the reserve league we were in at the time and I guess we weren''t welcome back(this is what my understanding of it is, i am prepared to be corrected)Yes, he could play for the reserves and the first team the day after if it was considered appropriate.

I forgot about Rodent dismantling the reserves to he could reshape the team in his image even if it meant taking away the good stuff, too. 

I never paid much attention to the reserves but the lineups often had lots of names I''d knew nothing of and maybe 1 or 2 familiar ones. Because of this, I thought there may be some restriction on who could play for them, how many 1st teamers and so on.  It seems to me the 1st teamers who are not starting or even on the bench would do well to play for the reserves to keep sharp, but that didn''t seem to happen to the extent I thought it should.  Why have a 1st teamer not play at all for several weeks and then expect him to play well when finally called on?  I know they''re trying to develop new players, but mix in some more 1st teamers to lead and to keep themselves in game shape.

Thanks for setting me straight on the rule I thought may exist.[B]  I hope this sends this time.  PinkUn has gone a bit wonky.

I don''t know why everyone seems so concerned about the make-up of our back-up strikers and continuously trying to shoe horn Mcdonald in somewhere?

We are the top scorers IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY, I think our strikers are quite all right as they are don''t you, leave everything as it is!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]There have been very few reserve games, because Glenn Roeder withdrew us from the reserve league we were in at the time and I guess we weren''t welcome back(this is what my understanding of it is, i am prepared to be corrected)Yes, he could play for the reserves and the first team the day after if it was considered appropriate.[/quote]We ARE in the reserves league this year (I''ve been to a few games) but we haven''t had a game for over two months I think, they keep getting postponed. I think there is a match at Stevenage soon though.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I don''t know why everyone seems so concerned about the make-up of our back-up strikers and continuously trying to shoe horn Mcdonald in somewhere?

We are the top scorers IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY, I think our strikers are quite all right as they are don''t you, leave everything as it is!

[/quote]

Exactly. Like Hughes, he''s going to have to wait his turn, then grasp any opportunity he gets with both hands. So far the team have played very well, there''s nothing needs fixed at the moment.