Sign in to follow this  
FatboySlimfast

Hearts striker coming in January

Apparantly Norwich are on the verge of signing Mark de Vries from Hearts. Personally i dont know much about him  apart from he''s a target man with good feet and a fair bit of pace. Sorry if this has been mentioned before on here, but its the first time i''ve heard his name mentioned.

According to footballtransfers.info, he''s a big striker in the mold of one Chris Sutton. Not a bad target from the account given there (you can read the comments here http://www.footballtransfers.info/squads/playerprofile.asp?playerID=11884) but the sticking point could be the following quote.

"Mark might have arrived in Scotland for nothing but he''s already passed the first million pounds in terms of his transfer value and the meter is still running."

So unless Worthy gets some spare cash as part of the transfer of Green to Arsenal, would we be able to afford him? ;-)

Cheers Strappy, he actually sounds like quite a good player. I see your point about the transfer value but its worth noting his contract ends in june 2005. Would Hearts be able to command such a fee on a player they could lose for nothing in a few months time?

He''s not bad, I work in Edinburgh but long to return to sunny East Anglia. I''ve often thought we should take a look. Hearts are in financial difficulties just sold their ground etc so if he''s tempted by us then I reckon we could get him for £1m as they need the money. Hibs striker O''Connor is supposed to be good as well, that would be interesting a Hearts striker and Hibs striker playing together at Norwich.

Great post Chas.  It is nice to have a new name mentioned as a possible transfer target, rather than the usual suspects ie:Harewood, Ashton etc.  Don''t know a lot about him but as DH says, could be worth a look.

[quote]Apparantly Norwich are on the verge of signing Mark de Vries from Hearts. Personally i dont know much about him apart from he''s a target man with good feet and a fair bit of pace. Sorry if this has b...[/quote]

You''re two weeks early Chas.

The transfer ''rumour'' window''s got a lot to answer for, yes?.

I''ll just wait and see if you don''t mind, personally I''m no longer sure we need to spend much (Fickle''s my middle name) on anyone.

Bargain basement hero''s has a nice ring to it, yes?.

Mind you, never mention the word ''bargin'' to a Dingle!. 

Wow, a rumour that might actually be true. De Vires is not only worth a look, but would probably leave Hearts for norwich and might not cost the earth. The likes of harewood, ashton are all probably out of the price range we have.:

[quote]You''re two weeks early Chas. The transfer ''rumour'' window''s got a lot to answer for, yes?. I''ll just wait and see if you don''t mind, personally I''m no longer sure we need to spend much (Fickle''s my ...[/quote]

Oh my goodness Wiz, all that moaning about lack of funds on numerous 10 pagers and now you don''t think we need to spend that much!!   That''s what half of us have been telling you for months, fickle is not strong enough

[quote]Wow, a rumour that might actually be true. De Vires is not only worth a look, but would probably leave Hearts for norwich and might not cost the earth. The likes of harewood, ashton are all probably o...[/quote]

Well Tuffers, just because a rumour is new does not necessarily mean that it is true!

I hope that I''m wrong on this guy - he could be good for us for sure - but I worry that I''m going to be as sick of reading posts about him as I was about Harewood et al over the summer. 

At least the upcoming silly season on the Transfer Rumour Window is going to be short lived...

[quote]Oh my goodness Wiz, all that moaning about lack of funds on numerous 10 pagers and now you don''t think we need to spend that much!! That''s what half of us have been telling you for months, fickle is...[/quote]

Wizards 1st rule Stevenage Fan, wizards 1st rule!.  

Wiz, am I right in thinking you apply the 1st rule on here because of the 3rd rule, and you know the response you''ll get?  Sometimes I think you need to remember the 2nd rule.......!

For all those who have no idea what I''m talking about, sorry!

[quote]Wiz, am I right in thinking you apply the 1st rule on here because of the 3rd rule, and you know the response you''ll get? Sometimes I think you need to remember the 2nd rule.......! For all those wh...[/quote]

Wow Templeton, took me ages to discover the 1st. Rule, now you tell me there is  MORE RULES !

[quote]Yeh, sorry Jim, 8 and counting.......![/quote]

Being a smart a**e wizard, I believe ''Chain Fire'' out in January, contains the very important 9th rule!.

oh joy wiz!

Anyhow, looks an interesting person to sign.....

join the: DONT SELL GREEN!!!!!!! Campaigne

[quote]Great post Chas. It is nice to have a new name mentioned as a possible transfer target, rather than the usual suspects ie:Harewood, Ashton etc. Don''t know a lot about him but as DH says, could be wo...[/quote]

I wouldn''t rule out Harewood just yet. He''s fed up at WHU, can''t get on with Polly Pardew, and wants Premiership football. He hasn''t done enough to convince most of the bigger Premiership club managers i don''t think and what with Worthy''s powers of pursuasion and the chance for him to have top-ish billing at Carrow road, i think he might be interested.

De Vries is another interseting one though...