Sign in to follow this  
canary_82

WILLIAM CALLOW FOUND!!!

A huge thanks to all those who made various suggestions as to the fate of our once brilliant youth player William Callow. He had been found fit and well plying his trade for not one, but two North Norfork teams. Oh and he''s a pretty good barman  too! OTBC!

Morty - A long way back ( years!) he was looking very very good, but vanished completely from thee scene, I asked on here a month or so ago if anyone had any knowledge.. found him :) 

[quote user="canary_82"]

Morty - A long way back ( years!) he was looking very very good, but vanished completely from thee scene, I asked on here a month or so ago if anyone had any knowledge.. found him :) 

[/quote]Oh right. Why did you want to find him exactly?

[quote user="canary_82"]

I follow the City!

[/quote]Right. Do you plan to track down any other ex players, or was this just a one off?

[quote user="canary_82"]

Lol no.

Support sometimes goes beyond the first team

[/quote]Okay I googled, and he was in the under 11''s in 1990.Is there any other reason than that you needed to track him down?

[quote user="canary_82"]er... no. Football forum?[/quote]Can you be a little less cryptic?Was he a long lost friend? Lover? Try and just explain please, all in one post, then we can go to bed.Thanks.

Its moments like this that I truly love my determination to stay up late playing internet poker and drinking beer.It was a magical story, that will surely touch the heart of every pink''un poster.One man''s month long quest to find that elusive ex youth team player, who turns out works in a pub now.I only wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see the delighted look on his face when you found him.

Well, if I''ve somehow made you happy this evening then I can assure you It wasn''t my intention, though I''m more than glad to brighten up your Friday night. I can only suggest if a post doesn''t concern or interest you then dont bother replying

[quote user="canary_82"]

Well, if I''ve somehow made you happy this evening then I can assure you It wasn''t my intention, though I''m more than glad to brighten up your Friday night. I can only suggest if a post doesn''t concern or interest you then dont bother replying

[/quote]I was genuinely curious as to why you wanted to track him down, you felt it important enough to announce to the forum, so I assumed it would be of interest.And, despite me asking, you never really answered.

Honestly, initially I wasn''t taking the piss.Had you said "He''s a really good mate I lost touch with" I would have been genuinely happy for you.But to start a thread about something, and not really provide any real information will lead to people who are up late with nothing better to do (me) to just make their own story up.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]How much beer you had tonight. morty?  I''m on my first, but it''s 9:30 here. Kickoff in 11 1/2 hours![8-|][/quote]But a few. My beer consumption is not related to my capacity to heckle.Indeed, I look forward to it very much.[:)]

Hmm, I dont think I actually said I wanted to track him down - infact the title says that i''ve found him?!! I''ve followed our wonderful club all my life and I like to keep in touch with all aspects of it! I take it very seriously. Is that ok?

[quote user="canary_82"]

Hmm, I dont think I actually said I wanted to track him down - infact the title says that i''ve found him?!! I''ve followed our wonderful club all my life and I like to keep in touch with all aspects of it! I take it very seriously. Is that ok?

[/quote]I''m sorry, but the statement saying that you have found him implies that you must have tracked him down in some way.You would have been better copping out by just saying he''s an old mate.Now you just sound a little creepy if I''m honest.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Houston Canary"]How much beer you had tonight. morty?  I''m on my first, but it''s 9:30 here. Kickoff in 11 1/2 hours![8-|][/quote]

But a few. My beer consumption is not related to my capacity to heckle.

Indeed, I look forward to it very much.

[:)]
[/quote]

You seemed to be a little too sarcastic for the one who started the thread, and he tried to be a little too straight laced for you and it seems you''ve both been playing it up, which is pretty amusing. [Y]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Houston Canary"]How much beer you had tonight. morty?  I''m on my first, but it''s 9:30 here. Kickoff in 11 1/2 hours![8-|][/quote]But a few. My beer consumption is not related to my capacity to heckle.Indeed, I look forward to it very much.[:)][/quote]

You seemed to be a little too sarcastic for the one who started the thread, and he tried to be a little too straight laced for you and it seems you''ve both been playing it up, which is pretty amusing. [Y]

[/quote]I don''t know if you are from America or Great Britain originally so am not sure you really understand sarcasm, most Americans I have met really don''t get it.I kind of started genuinely but drifted into sarcastic, and then proceeded to full blown taking the piss. I can only work with the material that is presented to me.

Born in US to British parents, raised in Canada but been in Texas since ''87.  I am very aware of sarcasm and use it a lot as do many of my more entertaining co-workers.  You must be meeting to wrong Americans, or they don''t get the British references so don''t appreciate your sarcasm (and you don''t theirs just as likely).  Or maybe they are just stick in the mud dullards. [:)]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Bayve Desleigh"]Thread of the year![/quote]

Seconded! Poster of the Month award for Morty! That had me chuckling into my Cornflakes! [Y]
[/quote]

It''s the forum equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting or Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Bayve Desleigh"]Thread of the year![/quote]Seconded! Poster of the Month award for Morty! That had me chuckling into my Cornflakes! [Y][/quote]

It''s the forum equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting or Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance!

[/quote]I couldn''t have put it better myself Beau! Exquisite as always! *bows* [:D]