Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Missed Opportunity by the Board ?

The setting of the new season ticket prices was always going to be difficult, how much do you push it in the current economic climate but also the state of the clubs finances. I think the new prices are pretty neutral not many complaints and a pretty modest increase, my £373 is good value for over 20 games enjoyment. I do think that the Board have missed a chance though to squeeze a lot more out of a very loyal and passionate fanbase who are desperate to see better times. Normal adult prices in my view could have gone up by £50 without too many moans and even fewer people deciding not to renew. I am in favour of catching kids young but there again the prices are virtually give away . tickets at £100 a season [ or psycologically £99] would still be great value at less than £5 a game.  I am confident that at the current prices all the tickets will go, regardless of which Division we are in next year. Of course if we go up we need to be satisfied that the days of waste on inflated salaries, jobs that are not needed and crap transfers are destined to the past

Given the current economic climate I think they got it about right.How many other forms of entertainment are putting their prices up while unemployment figures are rising?I think theres a fine line inbetween relying on our loyalty and exploiting it.

Perhaps if people feel that they are going to pay too little they can contact the club and volunteer to pay a bit extra?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The setting of the new season ticket prices was always going to be difficult, how much do you push it in the current economic climate but also the state of the clubs finances. I think the new prices are pretty neutral not many complaints and a pretty modest increase, my £373 is good value for over 20 games enjoyment. I do think that the Board have missed a chance though to squeeze a lot more out of a very loyal and passionate fanbase who are desperate to see better times. Normal adult prices in my view could have gone up by £50 without too many moans and even fewer people deciding not to renew. I am in favour of catching kids young but there again the prices are virtually give away . tickets at £100 a season [ or psycologically £99] would still be great value at less than £5 a game.  I am confident that at the current prices all the tickets will go, regardless of which Division we are in next year. Of course if we go up we need to be satisfied that the days of waste on inflated salaries, jobs that are not needed and crap transfers are destined to the past[/quote]

Ah the Robin Hood in reverse policy.

Let''s all get the poor to pay for the mistakes of the past by the board/owners.

If you want to pay an extra £50 go ahead, no one is stopping you.

I''m quite happy paying third division prices for a third divison product. I do not mind paying slightly more should we go up, but lets be sensible here, people are facing very difficult economic times. Until we can see for sure that the mistakes regarding ''inflated salaries, jobs that are not needed and crap transfers'' are well and truly over I am not prepared to pay for their mistakes any longer.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

[quote user="morty"]Perhaps if people feel that they are going to pay too little they can contact the club and volunteer to pay a bit extra?[/quote]

Could just not renew before the first deadline, or second...

[/quote]Yeah, that would do it.[Y]

I would certainly pay more if it would improve the decor, change the cutlery, replace the carpets and provide a more varied menu in ''Delia''s''....Because if it wasn''t for our celebrideeeee, we wouldn''t have a club.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I would certainly pay more if it would improve the decor, change the cutlery, replace the carpets and provide a more varied menu in ''Delia''s''....Because if it wasn''t for our celebrideeeee, we wouldn''t have a club.[/quote]

Well, as long as you realise it Mello... [:P]