Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

How Much Will We Miss Holt?

When he went, I was very annoyed. Not just because I thought our winning streak at home and the chance of going top was out of the window, but because Holt is out for 3 games. However I thought we played quality with 10 men for 50 or so mins, and think we can still win all 3 games without him, against Walsall (a), Hartlepool and Millwall (a). At least, Im sure we will win 2 of them, and maybe draw with either of the teams away. I would take 7 out of 9 points.

Who would you replace him with though? Johnson for me, as he has looked very good each time he''s came on. Can he play 90 mins? I dunno, but if not, bring on Cody after 70 or so.

Top of the League [:D]

I think it''s time we let Cureton stretch his legs and lead the team to yet another victory. Let him earn his keep while capturing the fans'' collective imagination. Johnson is not ready to play a full 90. I''d be willing to let experience reign over us for the durtation of Holt''s ban by bringing NcVeigh into the starting line up too. With all that leadership on the pitch, we''d be sure to stay top.

The preceding comment is pure and utter bullsh#t.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I think it''s time we let Cureton stretch his legs and lead the team to yet another victory. Let him earn his keep while capturing the fans'' collective imagination. Johnson is not ready to play a full 90. I''d be willing to let experience reign over us for the durtation of Holt''s ban by bringing NcVeigh into the starting line up too. With all that leadership on the pitch, we''d be sure to stay top.

The preceding comment is pure and utter bullsh#t.[/quote]

I''ll admit I starting reading this post with a raised eyebrow.....!

I choose to look at this as a blessing in disguise. It''s a long grinding season on a lot of heavy grounds. There has been a lot of talk lately that Holt has been carrying a bit of a knock. A chance for him to take a breather and get refreshed while also allowing one or two others more opportunity in a very confident squad.

Maybe controversial but....I would try an get a loanee in, someone who

is similar to holt. (a target man)

Johnson is the obvious choice but I''d like to use him as an impact player still.

We need someone to hold up the ball....not sure who tho....

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Maybe controversial but....I would try an get a loanee in, someone who is similar to holt. (a target man) Johnson is the obvious choice but I''d like to use him as an impact player still. We need someone to hold up the ball....not sure who tho....[/quote]

Its only three games! If holt got injured and was out for 2-3 months then yeah. Talking about loaning someone is for a couple of weeks is stupid.

[quote user="benedictgr"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Maybe controversial but....I would try an get a loanee in, someone who is similar to holt. (a target man) Johnson is the obvious choice but I''d like to use him as an impact player still. We need someone to hold up the ball....not sure who tho....[/quote]

Its only three games! If holt got injured and was out for 2-3 months then yeah. Talking about loaning someone is for a couple of weeks is stupid.

[/quote]I think we will be fine.

The Only Game Coming Up Out Of The Next 3 That I Am Slightly Concerned About Holt Missing Is Millwall Away. I Think The Team Will Do Fine Without Him And Johnson Deserves A Start To Be Honest. Also It Would Be Nice To See McDonald Get Some Minutes. I Know Holt Has Been Fantastic This Season, But I Don''t Think Him Missing Will Affect The Team''s Performance Plus He Deserves A Rest :)

[quote user="benedictgr"]

[quote user="Brendan"]Am I blind, but I''m sure Johnson is quality at holding it up? [^o)][/quote]

We will be fine. We are not a one man team! Bloody Hell

[/quote]

Im saying we''ll be fine with Johnson. Why swear mate? Chill out [:)]