Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Top of the table at Carrow Road.

Now wouldn''t that be just great.

Last time it was at Portman Road.

Can today top that?

I think so because we shall have moved from utter despair to unconfined joy in a few short months.

What say you?

OTBC

In the finest tradition of the norwich way,  the result should be a draw or an away win jst to let us have the usual anti climax!

There is no reason why we should not,  but I just hope that anxiety or over confidence in the crowd or the players dont prevent what would seal a truly remarkable 6 months.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

In the finest tradition of the norwich way,  the result should be a draw or an away win jst to let us have the usual anti climax!

There is no reason why we should not,  but I just hope that anxiety or over confidence in the crowd or the players dont prevent what would seal a truly remarkable 6 months.

[/quote]agreed!

[quote user="Power Ranger Canary"]i dont care if we go top today, obviusly would prefer to but aslong as were top 2 by the end of the season![/quote]

today is a must, we have to pressure Charlton and Leeds, we lose today the ball swings, so today is the most important game so far!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]today is a must, we have to pressure Charlton and Leeds, we lose today the ball swings, so today is the most important game so far!
[/quote]

I agree, today is the biggest test so far of how far we have come under Lambert.  Instead of playing catch up we have a chance to hit the front at a time when Charlton are only grinding out narrow wins (and I doubt their luck can hold forever) and Leeds may be showing signs of cup distraction and a suddenly less solid defence.  If we can get a good win under our belts today we really put it on the others to try and stay with us plus we get to lay some ghosts of previous "huge" games where we have bottled it when it really mattered.

Come on City, you can do it!

This game is no different to any other we have played under PL.

We can go top today, or we could loose ground and drop points, something we are bound to do before the seasons over.

But to call this the most important game yet this season is somewhat over the top, because it will be a false position untill leeds catch up with there games in hand.

Then we will know where we stand, and then thats when the pressure of games will need to be handled.

Its all about applying pressure to the other teams.   We and they know we will drop points,  but leeds are wobbling and just to apply that little bit more psychological pressure by making them sit second in the table given their last two seasons will just test them when it comes to their next game and their games in hand.

They have a new manager this time and things may be different for them this season - I suspect it will to be honest - but all we can do is show we can handle the pressure, perform and win today and let the rest of the season take its course  

[quote user="the1englishman"]This game is no different to any other we have played under PL.

We can go top today, or we could loose ground and drop points, something we are bound to do before the seasons over.

But to call this the most important game yet this season is somewhat over the top, because it will be a false position untill leeds catch up with there games in hand.

Then we will know where we stand, and then thats when the pressure of games will need to be handled.[/quote]

I''d agree with most of that, but who knows how us going top might affect Leeds psychologically. Having had such a lead at one time, seeing us overtake them, albeit playing more games, could affect them.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Its all about applying pressure to the other teams.   We and they know we will drop points,  but leeds are wobbling and just to apply that little bit more psychological pressure by making them sit second in the table given their last two seasons will just test them when it comes to their next game and their games in hand.

They have a new manager this time and things may be different for them this season - I suspect it will to be honest - but all we can do is show we can handle the pressure, perform and win today and let the rest of the season take its course  

[/quote]

And Zipper we handled that pressure today, performed and won.......

Top of the table and now Leeds have a cup replay to disract them!

It keeps getting bettter.

OTBC