Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

My advice to Steve Rushton, today's Ref...

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="morty"]He was awful, though I don''t think he had much choice with Holt.[/quote]No choice my ass, holt tried to avoid him and unluckily clipped him, terrible refereeing..[/quote]Maybe you had a better view than me then, I thought it looked like he stamped on his shin.I guess we''ll have to wait for slo mo replays on the football league show!

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Yeah.. But I don''t see why holt would do that :SHe''s been well tampered imo since he joined (well I mean when it comes to squaring upto each other and hitting players and such).[/quote]I''ll reserve judgement until I see the replays, but the lad is no angel lol.

its a good job half time saved the ref because the game was boiling over. he had lost the plot and half time diffused it. i could have seen a brawl if not.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="morty"]He was awful, though I don''t think he had much choice with Holt.[/quote]No choice my ass, holt tried to avoid him and unluckily clipped him, terrible refereeing..[/quote]For me the tackle definitely warranted a red. That was about the 3rd time today that i had seen Holt go over the ball, which he has been doing all season. It was gonna happen eventually.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="morty"]He was awful, though I don''t think he had much choice with Holt.[/quote]No choice my ass, holt tried to avoid him and unluckily clipped him, terrible refereeing..[/quote]For me the tackle definitely warranted a red. That was about the 3rd time today that i had seen Holt go over the ball, which he has been doing all season. It was gonna happen eventually.[/quote]totally agree with you, not the first time Holt has done this and im sure wont be the last. in defence of the Ref, yes he missed a lot and looked like he had lost control beoffre half time, he DID get the big decisions right i.e the red card and the penalty claims from them

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="morty"]He was awful, though I don''t think he had much choice with Holt.[/quote]No choice my ass, holt tried to avoid him and unluckily clipped him, terrible refereeing..[/quote]For me the tackle definitely warranted a red. That was about the 3rd time today that i had seen Holt go over the ball, which he has been doing all season. It was gonna happen eventually.[/quote]

Yes I agree also. I don''t like the way Holt goes over top of the ball trying to get his foot instead the oppositions and the ball. Sooner rather than later he was going to get the oppositions leg, and unfortunately it happened today. Chuffing happy with how we performed after this though.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="morty"]He was awful, though I don''t think he had much choice with Holt.
[/quote]
No choice my ass, holt tried to avoid him and unluckily clipped him, terrible refereeing..
[/quote]

where do you sit lewie?

it was a stone wall red! if it was their player then you would have been shouting "Off Off...etc" so you cant say holt tried to avoid him!

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="morty"]He was awful, though I don''t think he had much choice with Holt.
[/quote]
No choice my ass, holt tried to avoid him and unluckily clipped him, terrible refereeing..
[/quote]
For me the tackle definitely warranted a red. That was about the 3rd time today that i had seen Holt go over the ball, which he has been doing all season. It was gonna happen eventually.
[/quote]

good he got that red card today to stop him doing it!

to do it 3 times in one game is far too much!

From my position in the Jarrold the sending off incident looked nasty- as soon as the ball broke free into a 50/50 I thought ''someones getting hurt here'' and the way Holty launched in I feared the worst. Again I''d like to see the replay before judging but it didn''t look good. Couldn''t believe Brentford players got away with the two blatant simulations though- one dive in the box and the feigned injury, complete with comical bad acting. So much for using cautions to stop such shenaningans.    

The ref was a comedy ref, but that''s why he''s not reffing in the Prem - it''s a thankless task that only lemmings want to do these days.  The linesman on the side I was watching looked a bit like Marlon Brando from the Godfather, albeit on slimfast...

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="morty"]He was awful, though I don''t think he had much choice with Holt.
[/quote]
[/quote]

You win the prize for most blatantly biased observer hands down. What both Holt and Lambert apparently missed (when he referred to it in his post match interview) is that the ref HAD already blown for the free kick in Holt''s favour - as evidenced by the fact that the game restated with a free kick to us. Holt''s "attempt" at winning the ball was his usual forwards way of trying to get his foot between the ball and the opponents, but becaues he was riled up it came out as a stamp and was a definite red card. He was lucky to get away with a similar effort about 5 minutes before that when he also was awarded the free kick. Just as he has been lucky not to get sent off several times already this season - he isn''t a dirty player (in that I don''t think he tries to hurt anyone) but he uses every advantage he can and is often stretching for the ball, which makes him look as if he is late in the tackle.

The ref did some good things for us too - he didn''t fall for the penalty dives and he made sure Doherty as captain told Martin to calm down so that he didn''t get sent off as well. He also didn''t send Russell off when he easily could have for some of his rather robust challenges - and Drury took out one of their guys on the touchline at waist level and got away with it completely.