Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

A message to everybody at the game today

Todays atmosphere was probably the best I have experienced since the play off victory over Wolves. what makes it so good was that it would have been so easy to get frustrated and start to get nervous and this could then get to the players. I sit in the N&P and even we were singing (in places) So if today you were there give yourself a pat on the back and long may it continue.

Especially when those of us in the Barclay started singing they sing louder than you to the snakepit lol.

Yes the atmosphere was great, the Jarold stand area near the away fans were doing their bit as well!

The team needed that inspiration to go that extra bit to compensate for losing Holt and it worked!

It was superb. I finally managed to get a season ticket for next year in the Lower Barclay Block D. Was in the Snakepit today and the atmosphere there was electric ... wondering if i chose the right area now [;)]Well done everyone [Y]

[Y][Y]Agreed- in the 2nd half when it was frustratingly 0-0, I feared the ground would get progressively quieter. But the level of noise as we pushed on was very impressive- a top result all round. 

[quote user="Henry"]It was superb. I finally managed to get a season ticket for next year in the Lower Barclay Block D. Was in the Snakepit today and the atmosphere there was electric ... wondering if i chose the right area now [;)]

Well done everyone [Y]

[/quote]

Welcome to D Block, have been there for years and there is a load of us who have sat, met and now drink together and have done so for years. Love it there.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Todays atmosphere was probably the best I have experienced since the play off victory over Wolves. what makes it so good was that it would have been so easy to get frustrated and start to get nervous and this could then get to the players. I sit in the N&P and even we were singing (in places) So if today you were there give yourself a pat on the back and long may it continue.[/quote]

I sit in the N & P and lost me voice, i normally do!  it was magic today, must have touched the players!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Upper Barclay, E Block, as usual, great atmosphere.[/quote]

Don''t think I have ever watched a match up there, I imagine it would be a nice view.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Upper Barclay, E Block, as usual, great atmosphere.[/quote]

Don''t think I have ever watched a match up there, I imagine it would be a nice view.

[/quote]I''m in block D upper Barclay, its a fantastic view.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]I''m in block D upper Barclay, its a fantastic view.[:)][/quote]Sorry, Block B ROW D.[:$]

[quote user="Henry"]It was superb. I finally managed to get a season ticket for next year in the Lower Barclay Block D. Was in the Snakepit today and the atmosphere there was electric ... wondering if i chose the right area now [;)]

Well done everyone [Y]

[/quote]

It`s always good in the snake pit Henry, best  part of the  ground for me.

I was in the Barclay Upper ''A'' Block today.First time I have sat in the upper Barclay for years and I was expecting it to be very quiet up there, but as the game wore on it did pick up quite a bit of volume with a fairly large number joining in with all of the chants and trying to get a few off the ground themselves.

I was in The Library as usual which does give you the opportunity to judge the sound from other stands.

Th Barclay were excellent today, the Jarrold getting back to promotion season standards and the River End the best I have heard for a very long time. Special mention to the fans in the Jarrold next to the Brentford fans.

The Brentford fans gave their team excellent support and were a big surprise to me, they really helped with the overall atmosphere.

But there was one special moment and that was when The Barclay began ''On The Ball City'' and the song rolled louder along The Jarrold before being picked up by The River End. The old anthem rang and echoed around the ground and i have to say it sent a tingle down my spine....it must have inspired the players.

Today, the fans REALLY played their part in lifting and driving the players.

There''s every chance Delia will be on the pitch with a microphone at half-time against Hartlepool screaming:

"You heard me. The twelfth man has arrived!!!"

Completely agree Rudolph, it was great to see the South Stand and the River End join in with OTBC. Perhaps it was the chance to go top, perhaps it was just continuing from Colchester (which was also a great atmosphere in the away area). Whatever it is, the players have to be lifted and encouraged, especially at the hour point of the game.

keep saying it.... attacking the Barclay second half must be worth a goal a game.....

Agreed with everyone, absoutely amazing atmosphere today. I think it shows that the fans really believe in this team now and get behind them in the belief that even when things aren''t going well, they will still get the job done.Was a pleasure to be at todays games.