Sign in to follow this  
manbearpig

Chris Martin signs new deal

Hello all from El Chalten in the southern Andes, Argentina.  That really is fantastic news as i am convinced Martin will be a 2-3m pound player in the next couple of years.  Well done all and well done Chris for not being greedy and allowing your contract to run out.  Now to win today.....

Already paid back the faith shown and todays goal is priceless. He is absolutely on fire and is working his socks off. Good to see and will be a big player for this club in the next few years.

Thanks you Chris...

I commend Chris for showing such loyalty. Now get to work on that heading, Chris.  You can be a complete player !!!

[quote user="morty"]He was fantastic today, especially after Holt went off, he had to work so so hard.
[/quote]

Agreed. Not an easy job to lead the line by yourself like that but he competed really well and finished when it mattered.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="morty"]He was fantastic today, especially after Holt went off, he had to work so so hard.[/quote]

Agreed. Not an easy job to lead the line by yourself like that but he competed really well and finished when it mattered.

[/quote]To say I went nucking futs when he slotted it home is an understatement!!

At the start of the season I wasn''t impressed by his workrate but he has got his head down and scored the goals too.

He has really matured under Lambert and I hope he has learnt from his previous time after signing his contract. I get the feeling a strong manager like Lambert will mean this won''t happen.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]At the start of the season I wasn''t impressed by his workrate but he has got his head down and scored the goals too. He has really matured under Lambert and I hope he has learnt from his previous time after signing his contract. I get the feeling a strong manager like Lambert will mean this won''t happen.[/quote]

and hopefully he wont do what he did last time he signed the goals dried up and lacked off ..........

Agreed. When he first signed a contract, we were so pleased and then for various reasons, he went of the boil. But he has been brilliant and is now catching up with Holt.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Wonder how much he`s getting?[/quote]Hahaha, yeah I recon they bumped him up a few quid! I recon he might be one of our highest earners now.

If the rumours were to be true, then his contract was not exactly small, especially for his 1st one, that may have been a factor with his attitude and loss of form after he signed the contract.

Well earned now and lets hope he keeps it up, the Luton loan may have just made him. Still long way to go as we all know we are 3rd division, but he is quality.

He''s an excellent league 1 player, and I think will prove himself at a higher level too. But to me the biggest thing is he is NCFC through and through and contrary to some people''s belief, he works hard for the cause.

His 17 goals may have been overshadowed by Holt''s 23, but 17 is a bloody good effort by mid-January!

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]He''s an excellent league 1 player, and I think will prove himself at a higher level too. But to me the biggest thing is he is NCFC through and through and contrary to some people''s belief, he works hard for the cause. His 17 goals may have been overshadowed by Holt''s 23, but 17 is a bloody good effort by mid-January![/quote]

If you believe a poster on here he''s Arsenal through and through, not NCFC lol

But am pleased he''s signed again [Y]

[quote]To say I went nucking futs when he slotted it home is an understatement!![/quote]now that statement made me laugh out loud when I read it.

When we heard about the contract pre-match there was a comment along the lines of ''I hope he doesn''t lose interest like last time''. Agree that PL won''t let that happen and hopefully today was an exaample of things to come- CM was asked to put in a serious amount of graft leading the line in the second half and I thought he was very impressive, topped off by another first class finish.    

[quote user="pennywise "]lets get doc signed up now [:D][/quote]

Definitely.

Immense again today.

Best defender in the league.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="pennywise "]lets get doc signed up now [:D][/quote]

Definitely.

Immense again today.

Best defender in the league.

[/quote]That block probably won us the game as much as Forster''s saves and Martin''s goals - brilliant and a very calm performance again from him today, he has definitely matured as a defender this season!

Absolutely I.S. He was sensational again today, as was Nelson. Also before Forster made that brilliant save, when the ball came off the post and he delayed their guy taking a shot... if it wasn''t for that he would have had a tap in.