Sign in to follow this  
STAN

clapping holt

dont get me wrong i think grant holt has been top class for us this season but to clap a player that makes a tackle like that he got what he deserved i just hope his 3 matches on the side line dont come back to bit us.

We''re top because of his goals.

If you want to score 23 goals for us then go right ahead.

He deserves to be clapped, regardless, he went in for the tackle because of his drive to succeed for us, not because he wanted to hurt anybody.

The red card was deserved.

Not clapping him off because of it is an insult to the effort he puts in week in week out.

[quote user="STAN"]dont get me wrong i think grant holt has been top class for us this season but to clap a player that makes a tackle like that he got what he deserved i just hope his 3 matches on the side line dont come back to bit us.
[/quote]with the work and tackles he puts in you have to expect the odd card here and there...from what i heard the defender was going to clatter him but he got in first....imo i think we have a strong enough squad to deal with this...Oli looks good so hopefully(fingers xrossed) we wont miss him for those 3 games

[quote user="Hoolahan Youlahan "]We''re top because of his goals. If you want to score 23 goals for us then go right ahead. He deserves to be clapped, regardless, he went in for the tackle because of his drive to succeed for us, not because he wanted to hurt anybody. The red card was deserved. Not clapping him off because of it is an insult to the effort he puts in week in week out.[/quote]lol beat me to it [Y] and worded much better [;)]

Exactly. For me Holts goals have been great, but his work rate and willingness and his great captaincy has just been immence. Silly thing to do, but he will be back and hopefully up to full fitness,

We clapped him because that aggression is almost as much a part of game as his goals. So what he got sent off? You have to expect him to be sent off a few times, because he''s that type of player and let''s hope he''ll never change. We ALL Fucking Love Grant Holt.

[="Hoolahan? Youlahan!"]We''re top because of his goals. If you want to score 23 goals for us then go right ahead. He deserves to be clapped, regardless, he went in for the tackle because of his drive to succeed for us, not because he wanted to hurt anybody. The red card was deserved. Not clapping him off because of it is an insult to the effort he puts in week in week out

''IAAB''

if we went on to lose the game or only draw then it would have been holts poor tackle that cost us!

For the fans to clap him when he does something as bad as that is awful, and holt will feel that whatever he does he will get clapped - which is not good!

If the tackle was as bad as Radio Norfolk said he should get an additional fine and ban from the club. He could have ended a career.

MK we aint

Grant Holt has been magnificent for us this season.

I dont know if he deserved a red card or not today, but as far as I am concerned he did deserve ALL the applause he received.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is nitpicking in the extreme.

IBA.

Holt has been with us all this season, I have seen no evidence of him being dirty.

Hard working, fulll blooded , committed and honest yes, but dirty?

[quote user="dreamteam"]IBA. Holt has been with us all this season, I have seen no evidence of him being dirty. Hard working, fulll blooded , committed and honest yes, but dirty?[/quote]

Have to agree with that.

I have seen worse tackles only get a yellow

I clapped Holt because he was giving his all in trying to get the team going... yes, it was a bad challenge and I thought it was at least a yellow card... but without a replay I am not sure whether it is deserved. Until proved guilty he is innocent (in my eyes)

I think that this may be a blessing in disguise. It will mean Holt has time to get rid of any niggles that he has been playing with, and he will also be hungrier than ever on his return.

The biggest game he will be missing is Millwall, and I reckon we can still pick up max points from those three games!!

Come On!! OTBC!!

It''s a bit off topic, but Holt also hit a couple of beautiful 40 / 50 yard balls to the wing in preparation for attacks aswell.  I think he''ll do ok in the Championship, should we get there.  That said, it was a bit of a silly challenge, his reaction to the player for coming in to clatter him got him sent off - raised studs gives the ref an excuse, even if they don''t connect.  It certainly looked like a red from the Jarrold Stand anyway.  But as Lambert said, if the ref had stopped play, it wouldn''t have happened.

Havent seen Holt be dirty before, he is just 100% commited and throws himself into the mix, having said that, that was a bloody nasty challenge and deserved a straight red.

Lets hope we cope well without him, Oli straight swap...will it work? From what ive seen of Olie he excites you in the same way Hucks did.

I''ll reserve judgement on that tackle until I see it on the box but I clapped Holt to help keep up the feel good factor which is something that Lambert has done very well!

We ucking love Grant Holt!

Holt''s not a dirty player, wind up yes but thats part of his game, as is his commitment. He deserves every single clap that went his way for his commitment to the cause this season.

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]I agree, but from where i was sitting, i couldnt see it properly, so i clapped him.

Im yet to see a replay too.[/quote]Yeah you couldn''t see from our corner of the ground hence the abuse that the ref was getting from the Snakepit and large sections of the Barclay.The ref and at least one of the lino''s were Grade ''A'' toss pots that called every decision wron up to that point and gave little decisions in our favour all afternoon leading up to that point and after it.  So I would say that the reaction from certain quarters of the ground today were completely understood if you witnessed the game from their view.It wasn''t that until after the game when chatting to those who sat in the City Stand and Jarrold in that half on the half way end or down the other end of the pitch that the view came across overwhelmingly to thos who were up our end of the ground that the sending off was a deserved one.It wasn''t a surprise to see somebody sent off as the ref had already lost control of the game by then and I agre with the comments that Holty should be applauded even if he did put the boot in!

His foul won us the game :P

Lappin wouldn''t have fealt the need to cover every inch of the pitch, Lambert wouldn''t have been able to prove even further his pure genius ect ect...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]It''s a bit off topic, but Holt also hit a couple of beautiful 40 / 50 yard balls to the wing in preparation for attacks aswell.  I think he''ll do ok in the Championship, should we get there.  That said, it was a bit of a silly challenge, his reaction to the player for coming in to clatter him got him sent off - raised studs gives the ref an excuse, even if they don''t connect.  It certainly looked like a red from the Jarrold Stand anyway.  But as Lambert said, if the ref had stopped play, it wouldn''t have happened.
[/quote]

I also think he''ll be great in the Championship. People go on about his lack of a turn of pace but if he can hold the ball up all day who cares? Iwan did ok didn''t he? Holt seems a bit quicker than Iwan too!

[quote user="STAN"]dont get me wrong i think grant holt has been top class for us this season but to clap a player that makes a tackle like that he got what he deserved i just hope his 3 matches on the side line dont come back to bit us.[/quote]I was just about to make a thread saying the same thing. I dont get it, I mean he is an amazing player. But to applaud what seems to have been a hurrendous tackle, is beyond me?

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="STAN"]dont get me wrong i think grant holt has been top class for us this season but to clap a player that makes a tackle like that he got what he deserved i just hope his 3 matches on the side line dont come back to bit us.[/quote]I was just about to make a thread saying the same thing. I dont get it, I mean he is an amazing player. But to applaud what seems to have been a hurrendous tackle, is beyond me?[/quote]It is to show no hard feelings. He got sent off, but we don''t want his confidence to drop. We all love him still, and we will miss him. But he deserves applause for he does week in week out, regardless of his red card.

I actually thought he didn''t mean to do it, I thought he jumped out of the way of the other guy who came flying in at him!

Just 1 more thing, I fully agree with applauding him (unless he''s done a cantona or something ridiculous) because the manager will deal with him if he HAS done wrong. Us the fans just have to stay faithful!

[quote user="Brendan"]Well a standing applause a little OTT?[/quote]No, because we f**king love grant holt. A team as dirty as leeds wouldn''t boo if beckford for example got sent off. We need to get real a bit.