Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Best Performance of the season.

Just back from the game and I have to say under the circumstances that was our best performance of the season, second half when we were down to 10 men but I always felt we would score. We needed Forster on top of his game and he didn''t let us down, we dominated possesion for a lot of the second half but Brentford looked dangerous when we got caught out on the break and Forster was magnificent every time we needed him. Thoroughly deserved and satisfying three points.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Just back from the game and I have to say under the circumstances that was our best performance of the season, second half when we were down to 10 men but I always felt we would score. We needed Forster on top of his game and he didn''t let us down, we dominated possesion for a lot of the second half but Brentford looked dangerous when we got caught out on the break and Forster was magnificent every time we needed him. Thoroughly deserved and satisfying three points.[/quote]Most of the first half we looked very nervous, but should have been ahead were it not for 2 outstanding saves by their keeper.I don''t know what Lambo said to them at half time but we were awesome second half. Forster was immense and Oli really catches the eye and it will be interesting to see how he fills Holts boots for the next 3 games.

I thought their keeper was excellent, if we lose Fraser we could do worse than try and sign him. Fans were excellent as well and I though the sending off gave us the kick up the backside we needed.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I thought their keeper was excellent, if we lose Fraser we could do worse than try and sign him. Fans were excellent as well and I though the sending off gave us the kick up the backside we needed.[/quote]

Fair point, I think. We weren''t really performing that well before Holt''s moment of madness and second half was very impressive. Several candidates for MOM - Doherty, Nelson, Drury, Russell and Martin all superb.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I thought their keeper was excellent, if we lose Fraser we could do worse than try and sign him. Fans were excellent as well and I though the sending off gave us the kick up the backside we needed.[/quote]He''s on loan from Arsenal I think.

The game was very competitive and a little scrappy and everyone put in a good shift being down to 10 men... as for it being the best performance... not for me I''m afraid. In terms of guts and persistence, top notch though!! [Y]

Guts, persistance, extra effort to compensate for the sending off and the crowd in great voice!

A tremendous 3 points in the circumstances that will go a long to getting us to where we want to be at the end of this season!

[quote user="Big Slob"]Not sure about Best, but definately the most important
[/quote]

Considering we only had 10 men I,d say it was the best performance.