Sign in to follow this  
K Lo

Brentford - No pushover

Just had a look at some of their recent results:

Brentford 1-1 Charlton

MK Dons 0-1 Brentford

Brentford 0-0 Leeds United

So it might not be a complete pushover over but then we didn''t think that the Col U game would be straight forward either but that turned out OK after some time under pressure.

As we are not letting in many goals and the Doc chappie seems to be scorung then I suggest we drop young Forster and have a ''rush goalie''. Doc up front with Martin and Holt should do the trick. Maybe even drop the shorty fellow and replace him with Oli.

If the crowd gets behind the team, vocally not on the pitch, then who knows what might happen. We could hit double figures. Let''s see the board show some ambition for once.

Watched them against us i nthe tin pot cup, they were nothing special but OP is correct they are certainly no push overs!

I think this game is a big test, and a real banana skin. We had a euphoric win last week, better than any of us could have hoped for, and now we have the chance, and the expectation that we will go top of the league on Saturday.

It is up to Lambert to get the players'' feet back on the ground, and prepare for a really tough game, not to be frustrated if it''s 0-0 at half-time or if we go 0-1 down. We won''t win every game 5-0 and the moment we start believing in our own publicity is the moment we''ll get into trouble.

The ''we'' in this post describes the team, but it also describes the fans. Let''s remember that 1-0 (Russell 90+6) will be enough to send us top, and keep right behind the boys until the game is won. We''ve had teams over the last few years who didn''t deserve our support and loyalty, but this one really does. On the Ball, City.

[quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]As we are not letting in many goals and the Doc chappie seems to be scorung then I suggest we drop young Forster and have a ''rush goalie''. Doc up front with Martin and Holt should do the trick. Maybe even drop the shorty fellow and replace him with Oli.

If the crowd gets behind the team, vocally not on the pitch, then who knows what might happen. We could hit double figures. Let''s see the board show some ambition for once.[/quote]And how about jumpers for goalposts?

Yes, this may well be tough and yes they did beat us (it was a torrid 90mins to stand through), but Lambert doesn''t consider complacency a friend and so will never let the players get carried away. You hear

this with every interview any of the players do, they constantly talk

of Lambert''s managerial style and how he drills things into the

players, so yes it will be a professional performance yet again at

Carrow. If we played them away at this moment in time we would win and

win well I would suspect, so saturday at home with another rocking

crowd should be another pleasing day''s work.

[quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]As we are not letting in many goals and the Doc chappie seems to be scorung then I suggest we drop young Forster and have a ''rush goalie''. Doc up front with Martin and Holt should do the trick. Maybe even drop the shorty fellow and replace him with Oli. If the crowd gets behind the team, vocally not on the pitch, then who knows what might happen. We could hit double figures. Let''s see the board show some ambition for once.[/quote]

Who are we replacing Forster with? That Cureton fella nobody''s seen in a while?

That is not very ambitious at all I''m afraid. We need to attack. Bring back 5-3-3.

MacManee and Oli on the wings, Doc, Holt and Martin up front with Russel, Tudor, Smith in the middle and Nelson, Whitbread and Martin guarding the goal - Russel could easily scamper back to cover the goal, he''s got gloves on.

We need some big old bruisers getting in there and giving it a bit of ''fair bargy bargy''. That''s what it''s about. Rough ''em up a bit is my motto.

Get Delia out at halftime (half cut) to rally the troops. She could get us all going with that old favourite "Imbibe with me".

[quote user="K Lo"]Just had a look at some of their recent results: Brentford 1-1 Charlton ... MK Dons 0-1 Brentford ... Brentford 0-0 Leeds United So it might not be a complete pushover over but then we didn''t think that the Col U game would be straight forward either but that turned out OK after some time under pressure.[/quote]

Not forgetting

Brentford 2-1 Norwich and Norwich 1-0 Brentford

I think we''ll win, but Andy Scott has a reasonably neat side that can make life difficult.  Anyone that thinks this will be a pushover is deluded

My only worry is that I''m going on a corporate on Saturday. The last time I did that, many moons ago, we got dumped out of thh FA Cup......by Brentford[st]

[quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]That is not very ambitious at all I''m afraid. We need to attack. Bring back 5-3-3. MacManee and Oli on the wings, Doc, Holt and Martin up front with Russel, Tudor, Smith in the middle and Nelson, Whitbread and Martin guarding the goal - Russel could easily scamper back to cover the goal, he''s got gloves on. We need some big old bruisers getting in there and giving it a bit of ''fair bargy bargy''. That''s what it''s about. Rough ''em up a bit is my motto. Get Delia out at halftime (half cut) to rally the troops. She could get us all going with that old favourite "Imbibe with me".[/quote]Great stuff Sir Cutt, keep it up. [Y]

I watched the Brentford v Carlise highlights on the BBC and I have to say that all of their goals were soft... ones that I couldnt see our current defence conceeding! Im confident, though itcould be one of those nicking it in the last 20 minute games!

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="K Lo"]Just had a look at some of their recent results: Brentford 1-1 Charlton ... MK Dons 0-1 Brentford ... Brentford 0-0 Leeds United So it might not be a complete pushover over but then we didn''t think that the Col U game would be straight forward either but that turned out OK after some time under pressure.[/quote]

Not forgetting

by sheer coincidence, i am deluded and am therefore thoroughly looking forward to the 9-0 win.

Brentford 2-1 Norwich and Norwich 1-0 Brentford

I think we''ll win, but Andy Scott has a reasonably neat side that can make life difficult.  Anyone that thinks this will be a pushover is deluded

[/quote]

Away at there ground.......it would be hard,but at home infront of 25,000 they may well bottle it.i say 3-0 city top of the league 4.50pm

Told you it wouldn''t be a push over!

Shall I do the lottery next week or just calm down?

[quote user="K Lo"]Told you it wouldn''t be a push over!

Shall I do the lottery next week or just calm down?[/quote]The second one.