Sign in to follow this  
morty

Moment of madness.

Its a funny old game.And it has been a funny old day too. One moment of madness from our beloved Holty and it has many possible ramifications.For the next three games Chris Martin has the chance to show us he''s the main man, no longer in the shadow of Holt.Oli can find himself thrust into a starting place and stake his claim to keep Holt out of the team.We tried playing with three central defenders, and it worked pretty well.We gave Whitbread a run out and he looked okay.We may have found clues on how to play and win a game when Hoolahoop is marked out.We found out a lot about team character, and how we defend, I''m looking at you Mr Docherty and Mr Nelson, very well played.

I bet Lambo doesn''t sleep tonight thinking about it all!!

[quote user="morty"]Its a funny old game.And it has been a funny old day too. One moment of madness from our beloved Holty and it has many possible ramifications.For the next three games Chris Martin has the chance to show us he''s the main man, no longer in the shadow of Holt.Oli can find himself thrust into a starting place and stake his claim to keep Holt out of the team.We tried playing with three central defenders, and it worked pretty well.We gave Whitbread a run out and he looked okay.We may have found clues on how to play and win a game when Hoolahoop is marked out.We found out a lot about team character, and how we defend, I''m looking at you Mr Docherty and Mr Nelson, very well played.

I bet Lambo doesn''t sleep tonight thinking about it all!!

[/quote] Nahh, its all pot luck, he just plays a random squad and hardly puts any effort into his job. Luckiest man on earth, he loves his sleep.

Today proved we''re not the two man team our promotion rivals think we are, they seem to think Hoolahan and Holt win us games by magic, they don''t see the hard graft Rusty, Smith, Doc etc put in.

We''ve found out that in Oli Johnson we have a viable alternative and back up if one of our 1st choice strikers gets injured.

With Whitbreds addition we''ve found we have 4 very capable CB''s in this division.

We have several good options on the bench if required that are capable of doing a job.

If I was Paul Lambert i''d be sleeping very easy tonight.

[quote user="Lambo"]Today proved we''re not the two man team our promotion rivals think we are, they seem to think Hoolahan and Holt win us games by magic, they don''t see the hard graft Rusty, Smith, Doc etc put in.

We''ve found out that in Oli Johnson we have a viable alternative and back up if one of our 1st choice strikers gets injured.

With Whitbreds addition we''ve found we have 4 very capable CB''s in this division.

We have several good options on the bench if required that are capable of doing a job.

If I was Paul Lambert i''d be sleeping very easy tonight.[/quote]Lol, when was the last time we had a striker on the bench that we genuinely thought could change the game for us?

[quote user="Lambo"]Haha, genuine answer though would be Svensson probably??[/quote]Pretty sure he started most games, though I could be wrong.

Oh, thought this thread was going to be about listening to snippets of the Suggs-lead ''80s ska band.

As you were.

[quote user="Lambo"]Promotion season yes, was more of a sub during our PL campaign though.[/quote]I don''t think we had any real quality of mention on the bench that season, him included. I loved the guy but he was getting past his best by then.

and askou is back soon ...!! over half way through the season we have been lucky regarding injuries as well . okay we will miss holt but what i have seen of johnson i really do exspect him to take his chance to shine .. and to be honest what i have seen of him he is a real handfull .

confidence must be sky high .. long may the steam roller canary season continue .