Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Whitbread

good distribution, quick CB... clearly missing match practice though I thought... can only get better [Y]

Considering he''s been out for so long and only made a cameo at Colchester recently I don''t think we could have asked for anymore from the bloke. JBA might struggle to get back into the side with Nelson, Doc and Whitbred there.

I thought he looked a bit immobile to start with, the Brentford forwards seem to beat him easily a couple of times, which was a bit concerning when he had a big role in the back-3 set-up we had adopted. But I think he got to the pace of the game eventually and showed some quality defending- had good physical strength and looked to be able to pick a reasonable pass when needed. A promising start. 

Clearly a bit ring rusty. Struggled to get up in the air a couple of times and lost out in some challenges he should have won strongly but that''s to be expected after so long out.

The way it''s going at the moment he''s going to have to wait for his chance though because Doherty and Nelson are just absolute towers of strength at the back.

His approach to centre back duties is similar to Doc''s - grapple and use your body.  I''m sure in time he could become the new whipping boy...