Sign in to follow this  

Can somebody please explain why they clap when one of our players gets sent off.

Yesterday Grant Holt got sent off for what was an awful tackle (totally justified red card) when the score was nil all and we needed to win, surley we were desperate for his goal scoring touch, but some idiots around me were clapping as our hero walked off the pitch. Yes super Holt has done fantastic things this season, but during the game I was only worried about beating Brentford so 11 men would have been better than 10, lets not treat villians as heroes.

I disagree. If Holt had pushed, punched or done something unforgivable to be sent off then I do agree. But he didn''t he over committed himself for what was a sending off.I clapped because he''s been outstanding for us this season and if I had the choice of having him on the form he''s been on this season and getting sent off and missing the next 3 games OR having someone like Cureton without any red cards. I''d choose Holt any time.

i cannot see how anyone can applaud stupidity. it was a late challenge and silly, clear red. those actions dont warrant applause.

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]I disagree. If Holt had pushed, punched or done something unforgivable to be sent off then I do agree. But he didn''t he over committed himself for what was a sending off.I clapped because he''s been outstanding for us this season and if I had the choice of having him on the form he''s been on this season and getting sent off and missing the next 3 games OR having someone like Cureton without any red cards. I''d choose Holt any time.[/quote]

Maybe you should see the tackle again, it was disgraceful.

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]I disagree. If Holt had pushed, punched or done something unforgivable to be sent off then I do agree. But he didn''t he over committed himself for what was a sending off.
I clapped because he''s been outstanding for us this season and if I had the choice of having him on the form he''s been on this season and getting sent off and missing the next 3 games OR having someone like Cureton without any red cards. I''d choose Holt any time.
[/quote]

What?  The ''over commitment'' as you say was Holt''s 2 footed lunge on the poor sod''s leg.

Having seen it over and over again on the highlights, yea, he deserved his red card.  A tackle like that in something like Sunday league football would probably also earn a quick smack in the mouth.  It was shocking.

[quote user="braintree canary"]I say sell holt while we can in this transfer window and get mooney and Killen back.[/quote]Sell Holt? Are you blimmin bananas?Horrible or not he was still obviously going for the ball so I stand by my previous comment.

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"][quote user="braintree canary"]I say sell holt while we can in this transfer window and get mooney and Killen back.[/quote]

Sell Holt? Are you blimmin bananas?
Horrible or not he was still obviously going for the ball so I stand by my previous comment.
[/quote]

Oh dear.......