Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Holt's Red

Well from what I saw Diaddoradwhateverhisnameis was about to put in a terrible challenge on holty and holt tried to avoid it by jumping over him but clipped him on the way which the ref thought was deliberate.What do the rest of you think?

I''ll have to wait for the football league show.It did look bad from where I was sitting but it was a fair bit away and obviously quick.

[quote user="morty"]I''ll have to wait for the football league show.It did look bad from where I was sitting but it was a fair bit away and obviously quick.[/quote]Also did you notice and the player wasn''t on the back of our program allong with the number he wears :S?

totally justified red card. was a horrible challenge which you will see on the tele tonight and if it had been against us every one of us would have been screaming for a red

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Well from what I saw Diaddoradwhateverhisnameis was about to put in a terrible challenge on holty and holt tried to avoid it by jumping over him but clipped him on the way which the ref thought was deliberate.

What do the rest of you think?
[/quote]

Exactly how I would describe it Lew. [Y] However, My pappy said the Radio thought it was a definate red, but the other guy could have gone too!

the brentford guy two footed holt and holt stamped on him, both could of got red cards but whoever came of worse was going to get the red. The brentford guy should of at least been booked. On another note their number 4 was a cock.

Looked like he deliberately stamped on the guy to me. I am on the halfway line in the Jarrold Stand so had a good view of the incident - everyone around me thought he had to go.

I think they should both be sent off...

how i saw it was there player went in 2 footed, Holt just sort of went up a tiny bit, and his foot landed on him, not very bad/intentional or he would have broke something....

how long is his suspension though?

[quote user="Power Ranger Canary"]the brentford guy two footed holt and holt stamped on him, both could of got red cards but whoever came of worse was going to get the red. The brentford guy should of at least been booked. On another note their number 4 was a cock.[/quote]Agreed, though I could go as far as "Complete cock" if I''m honest.

I think the three game rest will do Holt good, he looks like he''s been carrying an injury for a while now.

[quote user="Gingerpele"] 

how long is his suspension though?

[/quote]3 matches I''d imagine.

Holt had to get out of the way, if he hadnt of jumped his leg would have been broken... end of.. if the FA have any coomon sense they will over turn the red card.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Holt had to get out of the way, if he hadnt of jumped his leg would have been broken... end of.. if the FA have any coomon sense they will over turn the red card.[/quote]

Holt wasn''t in danger, the other guy went along the ground and got the ball, did he not? Looked the right decision to me, but as others have said I will need to see this twice. Unfortunately for the ref he hasn''t got this option during the game, and I cannot lambaste him for sending Holt off.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Just out of interest, why were all the fans shouting "Cheat! Cheat! Cheat!" and "Your not fit, your not fit, your not fit to referee"[/quote]

Part and parcel of it all, unfortunately.

Sitting near half way line in Jarrold Stand, Looked a definate Red to me, If it was agianst us we would have demanded a red card. Referee was still a joke tho.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Just out of interest, why were all the fans shouting "Cheat! Cheat! Cheat!" and "Your not fit, your not fit, your not fit to referee"
[/quote]

what a silly question  [:D]

I think most people seem to think it was deserved. I''ll save judging till I watch it. But I think someone said it earlier, the rest should do him good, if we want to get promoted, we have to beat teams like Milwall and Hartlepool and this will show how far our squad has come. Not too sure that OJ will be the answer, yes he has done very well coming of bench as an impact player, but starting the whole match may be too much to ask of him. I hope he proves us wrong.

My first impression was that he stamped on him. That was from the snakepit though. As for the ref ... he was geting stick before Holt got sent off. The ref was useless.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Well from what I saw Diaddoradwhateverhisnameis was about to put in a terrible challenge on holty and holt tried to avoid it by jumping over him but clipped him on the way which the ref thought was deliberate.

[/quote]

If it was a straight red card for Holt why did we get the free kick. It was another of those games that the referee was totally out of it. Bean was allowed to foul all afternoon was involved in nearly every incident and only booked late in the game whilst Johnson was booked after 2 tackles.Surely the paying public are entitled to a better standard of refereeing than we witnessed today.

[/quote]

holt tried to avoid it?

he knew what he was doing and the red card was rightly shown - holt let the team down today!