Sign in to follow this  
curnster

Lambert hearing

[quote user="morty"]Depends on who wants to know, are you from The News of the World?

[:)]
[/quote]

Blimey, you''re on fire this weekend Morty!

Hopefully not until the cheque from the NOTW has cleared!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]Depends on who wants to know, are you from The News of the World?

[:)]
[/quote]

Priceless.[Y]

[/quote]

Hahaha I agree, priceless

[quote user="JF"]Hopefully not until the cheque from the NOTW has cleared![/quote]

Bet that went through Mcnally''s mind as well

Would we really need to pay anything to Colchester.... if anything he left them, so ........ he might get a fine but surely not us?

[quote user="adajam4"]Would we really need to pay anything to Colchester.... if anything he left them, so ........ he might get a fine but surely not us?[/quote]Yes we will have to pay them compensation, the tribunal will determine how much and also if we "tapped up" Lambert. If they feel we did there can be a potential points deduction (although the FA have never used this punishment before for a tapping up).

[quote user="adajam4"]does anyone have any idea of a ball park figure for this?[/quote]The figure will be.......

"Undisclosed."

[quote user="adajam4"]hahahahha.... that tickled me... everything is undisclosed with us ... why is that?[/quote]Because its none of our business.

Didnt I read somewhere that they want £400k and we offered £200k ??

[quote user="cityangel"]

Didnt I read somewhere that they want £400k and we offered £200k ??

[/quote]Blimey is that all?Worth every penny I say!

[quote user="adajam4"]does anyone have any idea of a ball park figure for this?[/quote]Very hard to say really, but when you consider Doncaster wanted Burnley to pay £2m for their manager and Owen Coyle cost Bolton £3m managers aren''t cheap. Although we are in a very different League to the Premier, so it won''t be that kind of money. I wouldn''t be surprised if it got up to the million pound mark to be honest, Norwich and Lambert acted unprofessionally in the whole thing, it resulted in us getting a great manager quickly so can''t complain, but we may have to pay big for it.

wow these figures are more than i thought... i mean 400k...... yea that is fair enough...... but a million...... i hope not....... thats a lot of money in league one... and slightly off topic but if we go up, what prize money is there?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="adajam4"]Would we really need to pay anything to Colchester.... if anything he left them, so ........ he might get a fine but surely not us?[/quote]Yes we will have to pay them compensation, the tribunal will determine how much and also if we "tapped up" Lambert. If they feel we did there can be a potential points deduction (although the FA have never used this punishment before for a tapping up). [/quote]

Surely its going to be down to Cowling to convince them that we tapped Lambo up? And unless he has got some sort of phone tapping conversation where we pressured him into resigning Im guessing thats not gonig to be a easy task!

[quote user="Klobo7"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="adajam4"]Would we really need to pay anything to Colchester.... if anything he left them, so ........ he might get a fine but surely not us?[/quote]

Yes we will have to pay them compensation, the tribunal will determine how much and also if we "tapped up" Lambert. If they feel we did there can be a potential points deduction (although the FA have never used this punishment before for a tapping up).
[/quote] Surely its going to be down to Cowling to convince them that we tapped Lambo up? And unless he has got some sort of phone tapping conversation where we pressured him into resigning Im guessing thats not gonig to be a easy task![/quote]

Cowling told Lambert he can come and talk to us, if any question of tapping up would he have been given permission to talk to us, Cowling knew that Lambert would be offered the job, so why not agree compo before the appointment,so ending up to him resigning from Colchester, Its going to be hard to prove tapping up, and as many of said these hearings sometimes award less than what was asked for, Also not forgetting Cowlings Schoolboy tactics over the last few weeks he hasn''t done his case any good at all