Sign in to follow this  
MrCanary

I have a sneaky feeling...

Having worked with the media for many years, I have seen the way ''less than honourable'' people occasionally feed stuff into the world of newspapers, radio and television just to ''stir things up''.

Political parties, especially those in government, are very good at ''leaking'' information they later pretend to be shocked about.

And what better way of causing problems for the opposition, be they companies, organisations, political parties or football clubs, is there than to damage their credibility with a few lies dressed up as ''a newsworthu story'' such as in yesterday''s News of the World.

Now I would urge anyone reading this missive of mine to think twice about the wording of any replies because that in itself could become libellous. However, I can''t help being suspicious about how and who might have started the ball rolling in producing a fabricated story that, if it was true or believed to be true, could lead to the deduction of points from our football club...

[quote user="Mel"]Having worked with the media for many years, I have seen the way ''less than honourable'' people occasionally feed stuff into the world of newspapers, radio and television just to ''stir things up''.

Political parties, especially those in government, are very good at ''leaking'' information they later pretend to be shocked about.

And what better way of causing problems for the opposition, be they companies, organisations, political parties or football clubs, is there than to damage their credibility with a few lies dressed up as ''a newsworthu story'' such as in yesterday''s News of the World.

Now I would urge anyone reading this missive of mine to think twice about the wording of any replies because that in itself could become libellous. However, I can''t help being suspicious about how and who might have started the ball rolling in producing a fabricated story that, if it was true or believed to be true, could lead to the deduction of points from our football club...[/quote]I think we all had that feeling but I think it''s just poor journalism to be honest.As if anyone will get sued for libel for posting on an internet forum. What a ridiculous idea. Leeds did it. It was definitely Grayson. I saw him writing the article out himself, whilst having intercourse with a koala.. So sue me....

The article was supposedly about Nottingham Forrest Football club, which turns out to be NFFC, mistaken to be NCFC. OR so we could make out from yesterday.

[quote user="AJ"]The article was supposedly about Nottingham Forrest Football club, which turns out to be NFFC, mistaken to be NCFC. OR so we could make out from yesterday.
[/quote]

I think you''ll find it was Notts County mate. All the "facts" fitted their situation and they are, of course, also NCFC.

[quote user="Mel"]Having worked with the media for many years, I have seen the way ''less than honourable'' people occasionally feed stuff into the world of newspapers, radio and television just to ''stir things up''.

Now I would urge anyone reading this missive of mine to think twice about the wording of any replies because that in itself could become libellous. However, I can''t help being suspicious about how and who might have started the ball rolling in producing a fabricated story that, if it was true or believed to be true, could lead to the deduction of points from our football club...[/quote]what you have just said is libellous too though... you are inferring something. You are right though, some contacts could have an axe to grind. Not very responsible journalism... most of the guys i worked with at the notw do have excellent sources... I don''t know this guy though so no idea where the story came from. Either way Norwich have a case and I am pretty sure an offer of amends is on its way to carrow road this morning.

Firstly, cant you see the original poster was being sarcastic when he said about suing you???

Secondly, its about Notts County, also NCFC, well that is what they will claim anyway.

They did seem to go into detail, about dates, people we had called in etc, and i cant imagine they would have printed anything without having the story checked by their solicitors 1st, so I can see the original posters point.

[quote user="AJ"]The article was supposedly about Nottingham Forrest Football club, which turns out to be NFFC, mistaken to be NCFC. OR so we could make out from yesterday.
[/quote]

No I think it was from Notts county who have a tax bill to pay by wednesday

Two things strike me about McNally''s letter. Firstly, is the fact that it was written and sent on a Sunday! I know a lot of the guys from Leathes Prior and have huge respect for them and respect also to Mcnally /Bowker for orchestrating the action at the weekend and making sure that we, as fans, didn''t have to lose any sleep. Secondly, full marks for publishing the letter in full for us to see. While the NOTW presumably regard this as an occupational hazard, you would think that somebody would be due for a b***ocking or worse for failure to check their facts!Lastly, how nice to see swift, professional, action to deal emphatically with a problem rather than rolling over or wringing hands- if the previous ''management'' had been in place, how many people would have believed him if he had denied the story? I bet he would not have thought of publishing the lawyer''s letter!

[quote user="Mel"]Having worked with the media for many years, I have seen the way ''less than honourable'' people occasionally feed stuff into the world of newspapers, radio and television just to ''stir things up''. Political parties, especially those in government, are very good at ''leaking'' information they later pretend to be shocked about. And what better way of causing problems for the opposition, be they companies, organisations, political parties or football clubs, is there than to damage their credibility with a few lies dressed up as ''a newsworthu story'' such as in yesterday''s News of the World. Now I would urge anyone reading this missive of mine to think twice about the wording of any replies because that in itself could become libellous. However, I can''t help being suspicious about how and who might have started the ball rolling in producing a fabricated story that, if it was true or believed to be true, could lead to the deduction of points from our football club...[/quote]

could have anything to do with 0-5