Sign in to follow this  
Klobo7

Oldham

There was an article on the Oldham official site saying we were bringing a "huge, large following" and home season ticket holders had, had to be moved to accomodate us. So i''m assuming we''ve asked for 2,000-3,000 as the current away allocation is 1.600, but there is a bigger 3,000 section, the other side of the same stand.

Away fans are housed in the Rochdale Road Stand at one end of the ground. This stand is split between a larger section on side, which houses 3,000 fans and a smaller section on the other side which houses 1,600 supporters. It is intended with the development of the stadium that this season the stand will be shared between home and away fans. For most games away supporters will be given the smaller section (shown as Away 1 on the ground layout below), whilst for some clubs that have a larger following then the bigger section will be allocated (shown as Away 2 on the ground layout below). The sections are kept separate by a large moat like gap, which certainly makes for a lot of banter. The facilities in this newish stand are fairly good, as are the acoustics. If you get chance, make sure to try a Pukka pie (�1.50). Some fans reckon that this is the best part of a visit to Boundary Park.

This club I found to be particularly friendly. They have an unofficial motto that ''the only club we hate is Man United'', everyone else is very welcome. The only complaint that I had about visiting the ground was that it always seems to be cold, with a biting wind that goes right through you. This is due to Oldham being on the edge of the Pennines.

Top Of Page

Rochdale Road Stand

Rochdale Road Stand