Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

The Green And Yellow Scarves

On a newscast yesterday I saw that many Manchester United supporters have taken to wearing green and yellow scarves. It looks like our catchment area has increased significantly.  

I heard on skysports that these scarfs were a cult item at old trafford and that were only around 1000  to go around and that they had sold out.

Surely someone from NCFC club shop should take a truck full of yellow and green scarfs and sell them to potentially 75000 fans outside old trafford on Wednesday night, could boost our coffers somewhat!

I  think  having Nowich  city and  the  canary badge on the scarves might not  go down too well with the manchester lot :)

Just  to add  I brought one  of the  Norwich  city flags  with the 3  canary emblems  on  last week  I am so pleased with it  worth  £6  of  anyones  money  its  going to be flying  high  here in  Birmingham  amongst the villa and  B  city  fans

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I know their original colours were y&g but it p!sses me off slightly! I love our uniqueness. You see OUR colours and you know it''s us. Now some will associate it will those prats! Oh well...[/quote]

Agreed - don''t want to be associated with Mancs!

I remember a good few years ago when Man Ure played a league cup final in a yellow and green kit.

They lost, to Villa I think and I remember walking down the High street the next day in my City shirt when a few local (Isle of Wight) knobheads drove past taking the piss, shouting the score etc.

By the time I had realised what they were going on about, they had gone and I stewed about it for weeks. After all, we''ve had these colours for a hundredish years, along come Gloryhunter Utd who wear them once and I''m being mistaken for one of them.

Actually, I''m still seething about it now.

Made me feel sick when I saw a bunch of mancs wearing green and yellow scarves on SSN this morning, how dare they try to adopt our unique identity. Mind you, Manc fans are so ignorant that they probably are unaware that yellow and green are our colours.

[quote user="Matthias son of Deuteronomy of Gath"]

1994 league cup final (see my post above). They lost 3-1 to Aston Villa.

Think it was some sort of centenary thing.

[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhhh sorry should have read the thread more carefully instead of speed reading lol.