Sign in to follow this  
vendy18

trains from walsall

just checking on the national rail website. their are no trains leave the bescot stadium station after the match. how silly is that!!!!

they do run a local  service to the mailine  stations where  you  should be able  to get a connectionhttp://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/OverviewResults.jsp?vm_ConfirmLocations_str=true

There are three trains from Bescot Stadium to Birmingham New Street after the match... 21:44, 22:44 and 23:44.  All take 9 minutes.

Annoyingly there''s a 22:17 from Walsall, but it doesn''t stop at the Bescot Stadium.  You''d think that they''d make an extra stop on match nights.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Annoyingly there''s a 22:17 from Walsall, but it doesn''t stop at the Bescot Stadium.  You''d think that they''d make an extra stop on match nights.[/quote]trains in this country are a joke so what do you expect

hi   canary  on the  trent  have  you  seen this ?  it may be of  some help there are local trains running  from the bescot to wasall and then it would seem there are trains that run from walsall to nottingham it would  save  you going into birmingham new streethttp://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/OverviewResults.jsp?vm_ConfirmLocations_str=truehttp://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

[quote user="canarycol"]hi   canary  on the  trent 

have  you  seen this ?  it may be of  some help there are local trains running  from the bescot to wasall and then it would seem there are trains that run from walsall to nottingham it would  save  you going into birmingham new street

http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/OverviewResults.jsp?vm_ConfirmLocations_str=true

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable
[/quote]Links never work from those sort of sites.

There is the 22:17 from Walsall, but that''s the train mentioned above that goes to New Street but doesn''t stop at the Bescot with a connection to Nottingham.  There is a train that gets you to Walsall just in time to catch this from the Bescot, but it would be a risk just in case it''s running a few minutes late.

Bescot Stadium - 22:10
Walsall - 22:14

Walsall - 22:17
Birmingham New Street - 22:40

Birmingham New Street - 23:09
Nottingham - 00:18

It shouldn''t really be a problem due to the Bescot station being right next door to the ground, so we should have a comfortable 10mins from full time to get out of te ground and to the station, no sweat!

I''m not taking the risk Matt, dont fancy being stranded in Birmingham for the night.

I can catch the 21:44 from the Bescot and won''t miss much if any of the match.

21:44 - bescot stadium22:09 - birmingham new street.
23:09 - birmingham new street 00:18 - nottingham

the 22:44 from the bescot gets me into New St at 23:09, no chance getting the last train back to Notts at 23:09.

[quote user="GUcanary"]It shouldn''t really be a problem due to the Bescot station being right next door to the ground, so we should have a comfortable 10mins from full time to get out of te ground and to the station, no sweat!

[/quote]

The game will finish after 9:35, more like 9:40. So I''d leave a couple of mins early just to beat the rush (or just wait by the exit to watch the last min or two). Should make it fine though. Enjoy the game!

[quote user="Matt Juler"]There are three trains from Bescot Stadium to Birmingham New Street after the match... 21:44, 22:44 and 23:44.  All take 9 minutes.[/quote]

9 minutes? Where do you get that from? Trainline tell me 25 minutes.

If it was 9 minutes I oculd get the train back to Gloucester, but at 25 minutes it would only allow me 3 minutes to change at New Street. WIth the next train not leaving until 5.30am the next morning, I aint risking it!

yeh im goin from london and think i need to get the 21 44 train aswel as will miss last train back if not. Anyone else goin from london? i am hoping our lot are planning on playing well as have wasted enough time and money on the last two attempts to play walsall!

[quote user="Bexley"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]There are three trains from Bescot Stadium to Birmingham New Street after the match... 21:44, 22:44 and 23:44.  All take 9 minutes.[/quote]

9 minutes? Where do you get that from? Trainline tell me 25 minutes.

If it was 9 minutes I oculd get the train back to Gloucester, but at 25 minutes it would only allow me 3 minutes to change at New Street. WIth the next train not leaving until 5.30am the next morning, I aint risking it!

[/quote]

Bexley

some of us coming up from Bristol....if you can get to M5 sure we can sort out a lift for you!

Thanks for the offer mate, but I think I''ll drive up there - not too far from here, just literllay up the aforementioned M5 and not being able to drink on a ''school night'' is probably a blessing in disguise.

Shall look out for your scarves on the way up there!