Sign in to follow this  
Comfortably numb

Walsall - Travel Offer!

I work in Rutland and plan on travelling to the match on tuesday on my todd!

However, if anyone''s interested i have spare room spare (3/4 seats) in my car. I would also like to add that, I''m not expecting ANYTHING in return!

I appreciate this may exclude one or two on here - but this offer only extends to those fellow city fans who are classed as relatively normal.

Strictly no Wizards etc etc...

Ha ha... no, ive got a date thanks (Tues 26th Jan, around 7.45ish).

I know its probably a bit of a strange one, but i can assure you thats its a completely genuine offer, on a lift only basis (im a very happily married man).

Just thought it would prehaps give a fellow supporter an oportunity to get to the game, who may not else have the chance.

[quote user="yellow blood"]Happily married man eh? Are you a cuckold? [;)][/quote]No, i am not...Quite what my wife has to do with my gesture of

offering a lift to a fellow supporter/ supporters I don’t know.

[quote user="Brendan"]Where''s Rutland?I''d appreciate you stopping off around 3.05pm at my school? [:)][/quote]Haha that sounds so wrong.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Brendan"]Where''s Rutland?I''d appreciate you stopping off around 3.05pm at my school? [:)][/quote]Haha that sounds so wrong.[/quote]

Lol

sounds  pretty  reasonable offer  to me mate cant understand why no one is taking  the offer up  I wont need  the lift by the way as I only  live about 7 miles  from the walsall ground 

[quote user="canarycol"]sounds  pretty  reasonable offer  to me mate cant understand why no one is taking  the offer up  I wont need  the lift by the way as I only  live about 7 miles  from the walsall ground  [/quote]No problem canarycol, like i said it was just a suggestion.On the subject though i do feel car/vehicle sharing may be an initiative the club could look into. To me it makes sense to help allow as many fans get to the games (especialy for home matches) as possible; especialy when you consider how many fans we have from all four corners of the country.How many supporters travel to games, be it home or away that have spare room in their cars? Call me an idealist if you like, but how can it not help the club, the fans pockets (especialy under the current finacial climate) and the environment?!Car sharing goes on in other walks of life, so why not for football?

[quote user="Comfortably numb"][quote user="canarycol"]sounds  pretty  reasonable offer  to me mate cant understand why no one is taking  the offer up 

I wont need  the lift by the way as I only  live about 7 miles  from the walsall ground 
[/quote]

No problem canarycol, like i said it was just a suggestion.

On the subject though i do feel car/vehicle sharing may be an initiative the club could look into. To me it makes sense to help allow as many fans get to the games (especialy for home matches) as possible; especialy when you consider how many fans we have from all four corners of the country.

How many supporters travel to games, be it home or away that have spare room in their cars? Call me an idealist if you like, but how can it not help the club, the fans pockets (especialy under the current finacial climate) and the environment?!

Car sharing goes on in other walks of life, so why not for football?

[/quote]

Totally agree.

I am travelling from Bristol tomorrow so if anyone needs a lift please let me know

[quote user="Comfortably numb"]I work in Rutland and plan on travelling to the match on tuesday on my todd!

However, if anyone''s interested i have spare room spare (3/4 seats) in my car. I would also like to add that, I''m not expecting ANYTHING in return!

I appreciate this may exclude one or two on here - but this offer only extends to those fellow city fans who are classed as relatively normal.

Strictly no Wizards etc etc...[/quote]Are there any ?

[quote user="Southwestcanary"]

[quote user="Comfortably numb"][quote user="canarycol"]sounds  pretty  reasonable offer  to me mate cant understand why no one is taking  the offer up 

I wont need  the lift by the way as I only  live about 7 miles  from the walsall ground 
[/quote]

On the subject though i do feel car/vehicle sharing may be an initiative the club could look into. To me it makes sense to help allow as many fans get to the games (especialy for home matches) as possible; especialy when you consider how many fans we have from all four corners of the country.

How many supporters travel to games, be it home or away that have spare room in their cars? Call me an idealist if you like, but how can it not help the club, the fans pockets (especialy under the current finacial climate) and the environment?!

[/quote]

Totally agree.

I am travelling from Bristol tomorrow so if anyone needs a lift please let me know

[/quote]

I guess the problem is that the club would have to take on a degree of responsibility for peoples safety. That said, with a disclaimer, there is no reason why pete couldn''t put a sub forum on here which could contain these types of offers?

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Southwestcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Totally agree.

[/quote]

I guess the problem is that the club would have to take on a degree of responsibility for peoples safety. That said, with a disclaimer, there is no reason why pete couldn''t put a sub forum on here which could contain these types of offers?

[/quote]

No, I don''t see that the club would have any responsibility at all. How people choose to privately transport themselves to a place of entertainment surely is entirely their own responsibility and liability. It''s no different than going to a movie or a concert. Having said that, I thinks it very decent of these individuals to extend their generosity to fellow fans.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Southwestcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Totally agree.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I don''t see that the club would have any responsibility at all. How people choose to privately transport themselves to a place of entertainment surely is entirely their own responsibility and liability. It''s no different than going to a movie or a concert. Having said that, I thinks it very decent of these individuals to extend their generosity to fellow fans.

[/quote]

Now in a world run by common sense (which would be nice) that would be the case but I don''t think it is as simple as that. Now I am not saying I am right and I hope I am not but something tells me it is a little more complex.

I agree, I think those making these offers are very generous individuals!