Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Curo to Gillingham?

Don''t look so sad, I know it''s over,
But life goes on and this ol'' world will keep on turning.
Let''s just be glad we had some time to spend together,
There''s no need to watch the sitters I was spurning.

Lay your head upon my pillow,
Hold your warm and tender body close to mine,
Hear the whisper of the raindrops blowing soft across the Carrow,
And make believe I''ve scored one more time,
For the good times . . .

I''ll get along, you''ll find another,
And I''ll be here if you should find you ever need me,
Don''t say a word about tomorrow, or forever,
There''ll be time enough for sadness when I leave you . . .

For the good times . . .

Jamie xxx

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Don''t look so sad, I know it''s over,
But life goes on and this ol'' world will keep on turning.
Let''s just be glad we had some time to spend together,
There''s no need to watch the sitters I was spurning.

Lay your head upon my pillow,
Hold your warm and tender body close to mine,
Hear the whisper of the raindrops blowing soft across the Carrow,
And make believe I''ve scored one more time,
For the good times . . .

I''ll get along, you''ll find another,
And I''ll be here if you should find you ever need me,
Don''t say a word about tomorrow, or forever,
There''ll be time enough for sadness when I leave you . . .

For the good times . . .

Jamie xxx

[/quote]

That brought a tear to my eye.......like Jaimie''s "finishing" used to.

Mr T said a month ago he was going to Cheltenham, Wizard said at Xmas he''d been told he was going to Brighton plus he''s been linked with a few clubs since then so I will be glad when he eventually goes somewhere, for his sake and ours [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Mr T said a month ago he was going to Cheltenham, Wizard said at Xmas he''d been told he was going to Brighton plus he''s been linked with a few clubs since then so I will be glad when he eventually goes somewhere, for his sake and ours [:)]

[/quote]

I was close.............................ish![;)]

It sounds like a number of League 1 and 2 clubs would want him, but none of them can meet his wages.  I imagine Gillingham will make an enquiry, be told his wage demands, and then put the phone down.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It sounds like a number of League 1 and 2 clubs would want him, but none of them can meet his wages.  I imagine Gillingham will make an enquiry, be told his wage demands, and then put the phone down.

[/quote]

Can he afford to make those demands any more though Mr C?

He''s out of contract in the summer so I''m guessing he''ll stay here until then which is his right, because as Mr Chops says no-one can afford his wages.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It sounds like a number of League 1 and 2 clubs would want him, but none of them can meet his wages.  I imagine Gillingham will make an enquiry, be told his wage demands, and then put the phone down.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The thing is that he can pick up that sort of money by staying here, so the real issue is whether he''s prepared to take a pay cut in order to actually play football.

If I was Jamie I''d stay here till the end of my contract and milk it for all its worth.Sorry, I would.

[quote user="morty"]If I was Jamie I''d stay here till the end of my contract and milk it for all its worth.Sorry, I would.[/quote]Exactly, and he is entitled to it. It''s not his fault Grant/Doncaster offered him a stupid contract.Hopefully a loan can be arranged and Norwich and Gillingham (or some other club) can split his wages for the rest of his contract. Doubt we will be able to actually sell him though.

That''ll save us £8k per week.

Due to his poor current situation he''s best off gone. He''s never going to even make the bench unless there''re major injury problems.

But surely its in the clubs interest to allow him out and accept a contribution towards his wages rather than him simply be a total drain on our funds?  He needs to be playing,  and we dont want to be paying - so a loan fits everyones needs? 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]But surely its in the clubs interest to allow him out and accept a contribution towards his wages rather than him simply be a total drain on our funds?  He needs to be playing,  and we dont want to be paying - so a loan fits everyones needs? [/quote]

I agree.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="morty"]If I was Jamie I''d stay here till the end of my contract and milk it for all its worth.

Sorry, I would.
[/quote]

Exactly, and he is entitled to it. It''s not his fault Grant/Doncaster offered him a stupid contract.

Hopefully a loan can be arranged and Norwich and Gillingham (or some other club) can split his wages for the rest of his contract. Doubt we will be able to actually sell him though.
[/quote]

I''d prefer a loan to be honest, then he can''t play against us! Loan him to a League 1 team and let him do his bit by scoring against Leeds, Charlton & Col U!!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It sounds like a number of League 1 and 2 clubs would want him, but none of them can meet his wages.  I imagine Gillingham will make an enquiry, be told his wage demands, and then put the phone down.[/quote]

[/quote]Well yes because he can pick up a hefty wage from us for the next six months simply for attending training. If anyone wants him to actually play match football he''ll probably want a pretty decent wedge short term or a bit less per week but over a longer contract to see his career out

But surely if he is willing to sit here and suck money from the club then all the stuff about how much he loves norwich and cares about the club is a pile of shite?

[quote user="king canary"]But surely if he is willing to sit here and suck money from the club then all the stuff about how much he loves norwich and cares about the club is a pile of shite?
[/quote]

I can''t disagree with this king.

Well said wiz, if you loved a club and you were a player, the club was in debt, you were nowhere near the 1st team, and you were one of the highest earners you wouldnt keep leeching off the club would you, you would want whats best for the club.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Well said wiz, if you loved a club and you were a player, the club was in debt, you were nowhere near the 1st team, and you were one of the highest earners you wouldnt keep leeching off the club would you, you would want whats best for the club.[/quote]Lol.At the end of the day the guy has to put bread on the table. Jamie Cureton will do whats best for HIM, just as he should.Sorry but staying here and earning 8 grand a week or going to some tinpot club to earn a fraction of that really is a no brainer.Oh and many, many footballers will kiss the badge and proclaim love when it suits them.

Yes, I woke up in a cynical mood this morning lol.