Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

are we all boycotting news of the world ?

i normally get it every sunday but today i got a people in protest and will continue to do so until they print a lie about us [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]i normally get it every sunday but today i got a people in protest and will continue to do so until they print a lie about us [:D][/quote]

Can i still read someone elses copy?[:D] When it''s not printing lies,it is still the best for football.League One barely gets a mention in other papers.

[quote user="pennywise "]i normally get it every sunday but today i got a people in protest and will continue to do so until they print a lie about us [:D][/quote]I love these one man protests! [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="pennywise "]i normally get it every sunday but today i got a people in protest and will continue to do so until they print a lie about us [:D][/quote]I love these one man protests! [:D][/quote]

people standing by doing nothing  is exactly how nazis germany started [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="pennywise "]i normally get it every sunday but today i got a people in protest and will continue to do so until they print a lie about us [:D][/quote]I love these one man protests! [:D][/quote]

The NOTW have never printed anything other than pure properganda,I stopped buying it when they they printed       c--p about Troops in Belfast during the 70''s, It will be intersting to see if the Mirror repeat it tomorrow.  

[quote user="pennywise "]i normally get it every sunday but today i got a people in protest and will continue to do so until they print a lie about us [:D][/quote]The People is also owned by news international as is the sun. Its worth buying a quality newspaper the football journalism is so much more intelligently written and it has the added bonus of being true. 

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="pennywise "]i normally get it every sunday but today i got a people in protest and will continue to do so until they print a lie about us [:D][/quote]I love these one man protests! [:D][/quote]The NOTW have never printed anything other than pure properganda,I stopped buying it when they they printed       c--p about Troops in Belfast during the 70''s, It will be intersting to see if the Mirror repeat it tomorrow.[/quote]What''s the definition of properganda................?

A goose with two balls! [:D][:$][:S]

The NOTW is owned by the Sun and from what I understand The Sun is still boycotted in Liverpool as a result of the Hillsborough reporting!

So this can make a difference!!

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]i''m surprised that anyone with a brain would buy the NotW anyway unless they had run out of Andrex etc[/quote]

My thoughts entirely. The News of the Screws has never let the truth get n the way of a good story.

They bleat on about the right to free speech, and then cry like babies if anybody says anything to upset them. they make the Sun and Star look like quality publications!

[quote user="jimbob"]All Norwich Fans should Boycott the News of the World until we get an apology.[/quote]

What a stupid thing to say! The story isnt far wrong so why boycott it?? we have been on the verge of bankruptcy for years, most football clubs are!

News of the World and the Sun are News International. Sunday People and the Mirror are the Trinity group. Quite a few of the stories the NOTW print have quite a bit of truth in them actually. They often get injunctions and lawsuits against them on grounds of privacy. In this case, the language used i.e ''will go into administration'' etc will make it hard from them to win in court so they will pay damages. Boycott the paper? as Jimbob said above me... it isn''t too far from the truth really... we all know Norwich are in financial trouble... they just went too far and used the wrong language. If the article had been about more and more clubs facing the possibility of administration including say Portsmouth and Norwich they probably would have got away with it under the defence ''fair comment''. As for their coverage of League One... they only give it a page now which... personally i think is a real shame.

[quote user="The Chirp"]News of the World and the Sun are News International. Sunday People and the Mirror are the Trinity group. Quite a few of the stories the NOTW print have quite a bit of truth in them actually. They often get injunctions and lawsuits against them on grounds of privacy. In this case, the language used i.e ''will go into administration'' etc will make it hard from them to win in court so they will pay damages. Boycott the paper? as Jimbob said above me... it isn''t too far from the truth really... we all know Norwich are in financial trouble... they just went too far and used the wrong language. If the article had been about more and more clubs facing the possibility of administration including say Portsmouth and Norwich they probably would have got away with it under the defence ''fair comment''. As for their coverage of League One... they only give it a page now which... personally i think is a real shame. [/quote]If the suggestion that they mixed up Notts County and us because we''re both NCFC then they deserve to get roundly b*ggered by the courts. Imcompetence pure and simple.

[quote user="pennywise "]

[/quote]

Godwins Law anyone?

[quote user="Henry VII"][quote user="pennywise "]

[/quote]

Godwins Law anyone?

[/quote]

Just lookin forward to £23 million compo that will wipe our debt out - lol.

IMO some posters are living in fairy land if they think there''s going to be a Norwich City vs NOTW court battle and City will screw them for a £1000s

[quote user="Henry VII"][quote user="pennywise "]

[/quote]

Godwins Law anyone?

[/quote]

I am Stephen Fry and i claim my £10.

[quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"]IMO some posters are living in fairy land if they think there''s going to be a Norwich City vs NOTW court battle and City will screw them for a £1000s
[/quote]

I would be surprised if they DIDN''T get thousands out of them. NOTW would not risk it going to court if nothing else because of the costs involved. They''d be liable for our costs too if they lost.

When things progress that far you can be talking about huge legal costs. That,  plus any damages that could be awarded if the court found in favour of the club, would suggest to me that they''ll settle at a decent figure.