Sign in to follow this  
ca

News of the World article about us tomorrow

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]BBC News - Norwich City to sue over newspaper ''debt'' story[/quote]

Blimey, this has gathered a head of steam very quickly!
[/quote]

Indeed it has, although seen nowt on SSN yet!!!

[/quote]

To be honest when I first saw it I thought, yeah whatever.

I just assumed we''d moan a bit about it but accept it.

But the club appear to be taking it VERY seriously!! I can see their point, it could be detrimental to our business, scare away potential investors and ultimately actually push us into administration.

Makes you wonder what mischief may be behind it, yes they get things wrong but rarely do they leave themselves this wide open to litigation.
[/quote]

That''s the thing isn''t it, and it does make one wonder what the hell the NOTW are up to.  I personally think they may be deeper in the doo-doo than some think, but we shall see.  If there wasn''t anything legally wrong with the article written, then it would still be displayed on their website.

Sadly it went to print and now thousands will have read the headline.  Who knows how much damage this article may have caused to our club.  But I hope the club will keep on with the legal action and prove a point about that paper once and for all.

[quote user=" Baldrick"]

Never is there smoke without fire. If you recall when the Burnley job come up ANY thread mentioning administration was quickly removed. 

[/quote]

Never is there an article worth taking seriously when there are NO verifiable details in it.

This so-called journalist made it up, and was soon found out. End of (non) story.

[quote user=" Baldrick"]

Never is there smoke without fire. If you recall when the Burnley job come up ANY thread mentioning administration was quickly removed. 

[/quote]

Never is there an article worth taking seriously when there are NO verifiable details in it.

This so-called journalist made it up, and was soon found out. End of (non) story.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Skint Eastwood"]

So two finance companies have been called in. By whom? For what purpose? Why assume they are "potential administrators"?

[/quote]

I believe McNally/Bowkett did say they''d called in KPMG and/or Ernst and Young to help restructure our finances.  That was in late November/early December, when they announced that the club''s accounts were being delayed until February.  

[/quote]

Sorry my bad, that should be AGM delayed until February, not the accounts

[quote user=" Baldrick"]

[/quote]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]BBC News - Norwich City to sue over newspaper ''debt'' story[/quote]Blimey, this has gathered a head of steam very quickly![/quote]

Indeed it has, although seen nowt on SSN yet!!!

[/quote]To be honest when I first saw it I thought, yeah whatever.I just assumed we''d moan a bit about it but accept it.But the club appear to be taking it VERY seriously!! I can see their point, it could be detrimental to our business, scare away potential investors and ultimately actually push us into administration.Makes you wonder what mischief may be behind it, yes they get things wrong but rarely do they leave themselves this wide open to litigation.[/quote]

That''s the thing isn''t it, and it does make one wonder what the hell the NOTW are up to.  I personally think they may be deeper in the doo-doo than some think, but we shall see.  If there wasn''t anything legally wrong with the article written, then it would still be displayed on their website.

Sadly it went to print and now thousands will have read the headline.  Who knows how much damage this article may have caused to our club.  But I hope the club will keep on with the legal action and prove a point about that paper once and for all.

[/quote]I think similar, but like I said in another post, saying a football club has money troubles is hardly ground breaking stuff. If the article was just something that caused us embarrassment due to being found out I doubt the club would have taken such swift and strong action, so my instinct is that the story is a complete fabrication, and we have them bang to rights.

For those who commented on the article on their website but they would not show the comments dont forget Woody put on the Journos email address earlier

Oh and the micky mouse idiot pretending to be a journalists email address is.....

martin.hardy@notw.co.uk

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Skint Eastwood"]

So two finance companies have been called in. By whom? For what purpose? Why assume they are "potential administrators"?

[/quote]

I believe McNally/Bowkett did say they''d called in KPMG and/or Ernst and Young to help restructure our finances.  That was in late November/early December, when they announced that the club''s accounts were being delayed until February.  

[/quote]

Sorry my bad, that should be AGM delayed until February, not the accounts

[/quote]

OK. That question was actually directed to The NOTW''s so-called journalist, berrating his total lack of detail, but thanks for the info anyway.

(and apologies for above multiple posts, something effed up)

My opinion is that in removing the article already they have conceded that it is a fabrication, and take our threats seriously.I think they will act swiftly on this and agree a settlement out of court, theres no point in going to court if you are very likely to lose.

For any one that has not seen it we have published our solicitors letter to NOTW on our website. We are certainly not taking this lying down and we are claiming substantial damages caused to the club, pointing out that this article was released during the last week of the transfer window and as we launched season tickets.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]For those who commented on the article on their website but they would not show the comments dont forget Woody put on the Journos email address earlier Oh and the micky mouse idiot pretending to be a journalists email address is..... martin.hardy@notw.co.uk  [/quote]

Whats the odds that its Cam - or Wiz - revealing their real name???

I would absolutely love it if Cam had anything to do with this lol.The reality is though, despite not having anything to do with it, he will allude that this is the case to seek attention.[:(]

I am a fan of Football365.com. I recommend it if you haven''t been there before. Every weekday they have a ''Mediawatch'' feature, which disects TV, Radio and newspaper output, stupid quotes from managers, etc. It''s often very funny and incisive.

I sent them an email today asking if they would feature this story tomorrow, but since the are a "subsidiary of BSkyB" I said I didn''t think they had the balls.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I wouldnt reccomend that he does Morty as we have actually named the journo in our legal papers - clearly McNally is going for everybody involved in the story.[/quote]OMG, I bought the paper and read the article.Am I implicated?Will this lead to McCarthy style witch hunts?Thats it, I''m going underground, you didn''t see me, right?*Leaves thread in a comedy mustache and hat disguise*

[quote user="Lambert is King"]For any one that has not seen it we have published our solicitors letter to NOTW on our website. We are certainly not taking this lying down and we are claiming substantial damages caused to the club, pointing out that this article was released during the last week of the transfer window and as we launched season tickets.[/quote]

I''d love to know where martin.hardy got this story from, if not from his own fertile imagination.  Can he be legally required to reveal his source?

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]For those who commented on the article on their website but they would not show the comments dont forget Woody put on the Journos email address earlier Oh and the micky mouse idiot pretending to be a journalists email address is..... martin.hardy@notw.co.uk  [/quote]

[/quote]

Oi numb nuts! don''t you lump me in with that third rate hack![:|]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]For any one that has not seen it we have published our solicitors letter to NOTW on our website. We are certainly not taking this lying down and we are claiming substantial damages caused to the club, pointing out that this article was released during the last week of the transfer window and as we launched season tickets.[/quote]

I''d love to know where martin.hardy got this story from, if not from his own fertile imagination.  Can he be legally required to reveal his source?

[/quote]They will settle out of court to protect Wiz, errrrr I mean their sources.[:)]

Camul . . . you''ve been conspicuous by your absence on this site recently. 

If you haven''t already, go and do a bit of digging and find out where this story came from.

Otherwise we''ll assume it''s you . . . after all, R Cowling has to be a prime suspect (allegedly) [;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL sorry Wiz - thinking more of your previous predictions....

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL sorry Wiz - thinking more of your previous predictions....

[/quote]Hmmmm, So Wiz predicted administration, and then a story predicting the same ends up in the gutter press......[:)]

Canary Cherub

It''s obvious where the journo got his story from - he mixed up his NCFCs.

The facts of the story (admin on Thursday, £8m debt) all belong to Notts County FC.

As someone pointed out on page 3 or 4 of this thread it sounds like the paper made a note in the diary to say "NCFC - court hearing this week" and the journo got the wrong end of the stick.

The fact that no-one CHECKED the story before publication, however, is another matter.

[quote user="Metatron"]Canary Cherub

It''s obvious where the journo got his story from - he mixed up his NCFCs.

The facts of the story (admin on Thursday, £8m debt) all belong to Notts County FC.

As someone pointed out on page 3 or 4 of this thread it sounds like the paper made a note in the diary to say "NCFC - court hearing this week" and the journo got the wrong end of the stick.

The fact that no-one CHECKED the story before publication, however, is another matter.[/quote]A mistake.Will the NOTW appologise? YESWill we get compo?  Not a chance

[quote user="Metatron"]"Will we get compo?"

Possibly - "damage"has been done to our reputation - but it won''t be much.[/quote]I just can''t see it,  there''s far worse BS that gets printed and sod all happens.  They''ll be an apology and it''ll be forgotten about.

As I said before, if the NOTW thought they were in the right then why have they removed the article from the website?  It''s far too late for those who bought the paper, read and digested the news that NCFC were having big money problems, damage done and I think a simple apology won''t satisfy the legal team representing NCFC, and rightly so.

[quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"][quote user="Metatron"]"Will we get compo?"

Possibly - "damage"has been done to our reputation - but it won''t be much.[/quote]I just can''t see it,  there''s far worse BS that gets printed and sod all happens.  They''ll be an apology and it''ll be forgotten about. [/quote]It depends how much you want to spend on legal counsel to pursue your case.[:)]

Martin Hardy is a qualiteee journo...Hull people were impressed with this one:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-479971/Hull-challenge.html

"Martin Hardy should be ashamed, what is the relevance of a cheap dig at Hull in an article about one of the biggest signings in the clubs history.