Sign in to follow this  
ca

News of the World article about us tomorrow

Interesting how the News of the Screws demands the right of free speech but censors it''s own web site.

I placed a comment relating to the article first thing this morning (when no comments had yet been posted), suggesting that there was no truth in the allegation and that the News of the World had never been ones to let the truth get in the way of a good story. There was no inflammatory or vulgar language but, guess what, they didn''t publish it, prefering instead to publish such well thought out comments as "hahahahahahhaha".

What a pathetic rag the NOTW is

[quote user="woody"]And they take it down finally...

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/695976/CANARIES-ON-BRINK-OF-ADMINISTRATION.html[/quote]Haha, I am quite surprised it took so long, but mind you, it is a Sunday!

@Sooty - I did the same...they took delight in publishing some other ones though taking the mickey out of us.

@WAY - I do hope that ''Whooosh!" wasn''t aimed at me. I didn''t seriously think Mag 7 was a lawyer. It was a ''joke''.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]Where on earth did they get the "£8 Million" figure from? It has been very well documented to of been far closer to £11 Million.

[/quote]

Lets see you produce the evidence thats its £11m (and dont rely on a quote from Archant).

[/quote]

Happy days! Tangie calls for evidence. Perhaps he''s seen the light. [:D] 

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Big Bad John"]Where on earth did they get the "£8 Million" figure from? It has been very well documented to of been far closer to £11 Million.[/quote]Lets see you produce the evidence thats its £11m (and dont rely on a quote from Archant).[/quote]Noooooo!! Please don''t...............

I can hear Tangy sharpening the crayons! [:''(][:''(][:''(]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]Where on earth did they get the "£8 Million" figure from? It has been very well documented to of been far closer to £11 Million.

[/quote]

Lets see you produce the evidence thats its £11m (and dont rely on a quote from Archant).

[/quote]

I think that was the amount she mentioned to Simon Mayo,[Y] just before Christmas.I will try and find it on iplayer

[quote user="Sooty57"]Interesting how the News of the Screws demands the right of free speech but censors it''s own web site. I placed a comment relating to the article first thing this morning (when no comments had yet been posted), suggesting that there was no truth in the allegation and that the News of the World had never been ones to let the truth get in the way of a good story. There was no inflammatory or vulgar language but, guess what, they didn''t publish it, prefering instead to publish such well thought out comments as "hahahahahahhaha". What a pathetic rag the NOTW is[/quote]

I also replied, telling them that the article was rubbish and explaining why in perfectly normal language and they didn''t publish my post either. The only way they could improve the NOTW would be by printing it on a roll of absorbent paper with perforations every six inches.

I don''t suppose their retraction will amount to much and I wouldn''t hold my breath waiting for it but I''d love to see this go to court.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Happy days! Tangie calls for evidence. Perhaps he''s seen the light. [:D] 

[/quote]

Like the US. claim that there were Al - Qaeda terrorists in Iraq!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Big Bad John"]Where on earth did they get the "£8 Million" figure from? It has been very well documented to of been far closer to £11 Million.[/quote]Lets see you produce the evidence thats its £11m (and dont rely on a quote from Archant).[/quote]Noooooo!! Please don''t...............

I can hear Tangy sharpening the crayons! [:''(][:''(][:''(]

[/quote]

Coming your way but not tonight!

This is what comes up on the NOTW website page now.

''Page not found

Sorry, the page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is unavailable.

Please try the following:

If you typed the url, check the spelling

Visit our home page and look for the link to the story

Click the back button and try another link

Click here for details of our graduate scholarship scheme

Search the site using the search box at the top of this page ''

They forgot to add - ''Sorry we just made the story up''!!!!

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]Can we have some anti N**W songs sung at City matches?I''m sure someone could come up with a suitable chant [/quote]

It''s shite...not class...not fit to wipe me ass...NOTW!...NOTW!

As I have said before and I''ll say it again, don''t let sports journalsists near a set of Financial Accounts!

The funding gap of £2.9m is nearly all covered by a holiday in servicing the debt (i.e we dont have to pay the money this season), see the latest NCFC Plc Accounts. It hints that if we dont go up we will have a further holiday for the following season. If we go up I have suggested on the season ticket prices thread that we will have extra revenues, leaving us with £1.1m plus any extra money from increased catering, merchandising sales....to pay more wages  and for any transfer fees. Whether that is enough is the question!

All these journalists had to do was get hold of a set of the latest NCFC Plc.Accounts, talk to somebody who knows about NCFC''s finances and talk with the club. Its obvious that we are NOT going into Administration

I hope the club can receive a large payment for the damages.

Glad to hear there were others like me who attempted to leave a less than complimentary comment below said article. Mine went like this:

This article is conspicuous by its total lack of any verifiable facts. So two finance companies have been called in. By whom? For what purpose? Why assume they are "potential administrators"?

No quotes from the club, from their creditors, from the ''financial experts'', or from anyone at all in fact. New investment is needed by Thursday? Why Thursday? Who has set that seemingly arbitrary deadline?

Canaries on brink of administration? Or maybe Martin Hardy on brink of irresponsible journalism.

My first reaction when my old man told me about this article was ''don''t believe what you read in the NOTW.'' The Murdoch media is poison. From The Sun lying on their front page to help Blair pass anti-freedom laws, to the sick propaganda being peddled on Fox ''News'' in the US, that Nazi scumbag has a lot to answer for.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"] Its obvious that we are NOT going into Administration[/quote]As CE of the C.G.F.P.A. and the chief financial adviser to NCISA, will you please tell 1stWIZARD! [;)]

The official legal letter sent to NOTW is on the club site. Sorry don''t know how to do links!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]BBC News - Norwich City to sue over newspaper ''debt'' story[/quote]Blimey, this has gathered a head of steam very quickly![/quote]

Indeed it has, although seen nowt on SSN yet!!!

[/quote]To be honest when I first saw it I thought, yeah whatever.I just assumed we''d moan a bit about it but accept it.But the club appear to be taking it VERY seriously!! I can see their point, it could be detrimental to our business, scare away potential investors and ultimately actually push us into administration.Makes you wonder what mischief may be behind it, yes they get things wrong but rarely do they leave themselves this wide open to litigation.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"] Its obvious that we are NOT going into Administration[/quote]As CE of the C.G.F.P.A. and the chief financial adviser to NCISA, will you please tell 1stWIZARD! [;)][/quote]

In fairness it was only since it became known that we had a holiday from servicing the debt that we had an answer as to how the £2.9m funding gap was going to be closed.

[quote user="JF"]The official legal letter sent to NOTW is on the club site. Sorry don''t know how to do links![/quote]It''s also on the pinkun homepage, and a few pages back in this thread.

[quote user=" Baldrick"]

Never is there smoke without fire. If you recall when the Burnley job come up ANY thread mentioning administration was quickly removed. 

[/quote]A football club short of money?Hardly Pulitzer prize stuff is it though.Maybe we shouldn''t assume that everyone who reads these message boards is friendly.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]BBC News - Norwich City to sue over newspaper ''debt'' story[/quote]

Blimey, this has gathered a head of steam very quickly!
[/quote]

Indeed it has, although seen nowt on SSN yet!!!

[/quote]

To be honest when I first saw it I thought, yeah whatever.

I just assumed we''d moan a bit about it but accept it.

But the club appear to be taking it VERY seriously!! I can see their point, it could be detrimental to our business, scare away potential investors and ultimately actually push us into administration.

Makes you wonder what mischief may be behind it, yes they get things wrong but rarely do they leave themselves this wide open to litigation.
[/quote]

It may make suppliers and clubs who have sold us players and awaiting the balance of any money due to them uncomfortable. I hope the club receive a large amount of money.

[quote user="Skint Eastwood"]

So two finance companies have been called in. By whom? For what purpose? Why assume they are "potential administrators"?

[/quote]

I believe McNally/Bowkett did say they''d called in KPMG and/or Ernst and Young to help restructure our finances.  That was in late November/early December, when they announced that the club''s accounts were being delayed until February.  

...and Baldrick manages to prove the point I made about this story this morning (and adds weight to the Club''s legal case)

The fact that this story is ''out there'' will mean people assume there is some truth in it when it was plainly a mix up of the facts about the Notts County FC situation and not us.

As the old saying goes:"A lie will go round the world while truth is pulling its boots on".