Sign in to follow this  
ca

News of the World article about us tomorrow

"...however much bull the NOTW comes out with they do get some things right."

Yeah - like a broken clock is right twice a day.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I really wish I could share the optimism of those on here that don''t think it''s true but I''m afraid I can''t, however much bull the NOTW comes out with they do get some things right. The most worrying line for me in that article is "Financial experts Ernst Young and KPMG have both been called in as potential administrators". The fact that they claim that they have already been appointed bothers me, Mcnally may have said that we won''t be going into admin but it isn''t unheard of for football clubs to lie when it comes to such matters.[/quote]

Norwich are not that large an organistion that it wouldrequire two big financial firms to come in and administer it - that would only happen for large multi-nationals.  If it were administration then you would get no advance notice - it would just happen - and only one firm would be required.  My guess is that these firms are advising the club on potential restructuring and / or new ventures and there is potentially a board meeting Thursday at which their recommendations will be presented.  Somehow Hardy has been able to hack into the club diary, seen the appointments put 2 & 2 together and made 5. 

wasn`t it the news of the world that  said alex reid  beat dane bowers to a pulp 2 days before they went in the big brother house ? yet when they went in they were fine and have been like brothers ever since [:D]

According to LQ on Twitter:

"Think the NotW have got confused a bit confused - it''s Notts County who need dosh by Thurs to face off a winding up order"

The News of The World have got the wrong ''NCFC''

All the facts fit Notts County FC

Expect a quick retraction and apology (maybe)...

Don''t panic!

[quote user="paul moy"]This story was also announced on Talksport this morning, and the first thing that crossed my mind was all of the recent signings that Norwich had made. It doesn''t make sense at all but it is still very worrying.[/quote]

Talksport - pretty much on a par with NOTW, Fox News, Sky, Daily Mail, Daily Express, Sun.

Don''t believe any of the scumbags...

From WOTB, with thanks...

NOTW cock up theory

1) someone at NOTW notes that Notts County have a winding up order and have to pay up by Wednesday or could be in admin on Thursday

2) scribbles down note for Sunday column: NCFC admin Thusday

3) someone else puts two and two together and gets 5.

Posted By: watfordcanary on January 24th 2010 at 11:08:53

[quote user="woody"]From WOTB, with thanks...

NOTW cock up theory

1) someone at NOTW notes that Notts County have a winding up order and have to pay up by Wednesday or could be in admin on Thursday

2) scribbles down note for Sunday column: NCFC admin Thusday

3) someone else puts two and two together and gets 5.

Posted By: watfordcanary on January 24th 2010 at 11:08:53[/quote]

Oh, and then manages to squeeze 110 words out - with no style and no detail.

Exactly Woody

This is a mix up over "NCFC"

Guardian piece on Notts County:

"Notts County''s future has been plunged into fresh doubt after it emerged that the club have been served with a second winding-up petition by the taxman.

According to an insolvency notice published on Christmas Eve in the London Gazette, a petition was served by HM Revenue & Customs on 27 November. ...Unless County can find the funding to cover their tax obligations, the latest dispute will head to the high court in London on 27 January. There lawyers for HMRC will press for the club to be placed into administration"

27th January = this coming Wednesday so County could be in admin by Thursday.

It''s a balls-up.

[quote user="Metatron"]Exactly Woody

This is a mix up over "NCFC"

Guardian piece on Notts County:

"Notts County''s future has been plunged into fresh doubt after it emerged that the club have been served with a second winding-up petition by the taxman.

According to an insolvency notice published on Christmas Eve in the London Gazette, a petition was served by HM Revenue & Customs on 27 November. ...Unless County can find the funding to cover their tax obligations, the latest dispute will head to the high court in London on 27 January. There lawyers for HMRC will press for the club to be placed into administration"

27th January = this coming Wednesday so County could be in admin by Thursday.

It''s a balls-up.[/quote]

Not only evil scumbags, but cretinous evil scumbags...

Chill out everyone, it is not us. We squeaked by recently when it did really look like admin and new contracts had been drawn up for ALL staff, but we are ok for a bit.  Fortunately we managed to re-structure a debt otherwise it would have been curtains.With others now explaining the Notts County confusion I can see both NOTW and Talk Shite having to cough a big, big apology. Does this week really get any better?But, a word of caution. We do need to get promotion this season and we do need to get our debt re-structured. We have survived this time, but it may be a different story next time around. Unless a big investing sugar-parent comes along we ought to get used to the idea of renting Carrow Road.

"Does this week really get any better?"

Indeed.

If I were Mr McNally I''d be calling my solicitors right now and issuing a libel writ.

Might be enough in it to loan Rudd Van Nosebag as a replacement for The Horse for 3 games...

[quote user="Metatron"]"Does this week really get any better?" Indeed. If I were Mr McNally I''d be calling my solicitors right now and issuing a libel writ. Might be enough in it to loan Rudd Van Nosebag as a replacement for The Horse for 3 games...[/quote]

Liable writ for ''''13 trillion dollars'''' [:D]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Story a load of nonsense (hardly a surprise). Club releasing statement shortly.[/quote]

The only real surprise is anyone believing anything that filthy rag prints!

Oh and the micky mouse idiot pretending to be a journalists email address is.....

martin.hardy@notw.co.uk

[quote user="woody"]Oh and the micky mouse idiot pretending to be a journalists email address is.....

martin.hardy@notw.co.uk[/quote]

At least one sent already....

Sent: 24 January 2010 13:22:11

To: martin.hardy@notw.co.uk

Oi Knobhead!

Stop spouting crap in you''re little red top paper about Norwich going into Admin on Thursday! We''ve negotiated with our lenders to secure the financial safety of the club until the end of the season at least. Given promotion this season I''m sure we''ll be financially safe and can continue as a going concern with few issues. Word of advice to yourself though, check, double check, and then check again before you print any of your stories, will save you having to fill your ''newspaper'' with apologies to all the people you piss off!

Tada

God

PS Top of the league, we''re having a laugh! Top of the league, we''re having a laugh!

Posted By: lmc on January 24th 2010 at 13:24:06

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1942658,00.html

NEWS OF THE WORLD - OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT

Posted on: Sun 24 Jan 2010

CITY have issued the following statement from Chief Executive David McNally in response to a story in the News of the World today (Sunday, January 24), claiming the Club could go into administration by Thursday and has called in financial experts Ernst Young and KPMG as potential administrators:

"The story in the News of the World is completely untrue. As far as the Club is concerned we consider the story is defamatory and accordingly we have placed the matter in the hands of our solicitors, and will be pursuing for damages."

Go McNally....

[quote user="woody"][quote user="woody"]Oh and the micky mouse idiot pretending to be a journalists email address is.....

martin.hardy@notw.co.uk[/quote]

At least one sent already....

Sent: 24 January 2010 13:22:11

To: martin.hardy@notw.co.uk

Oi Knobhead!

Stop spouting crap in you''re little red top paper about Norwich going into Admin on Thursday! We''ve negotiated with our lenders to secure the financial safety of the club until the end of the season at least. Given promotion this season I''m sure we''ll be financially safe and can continue as a going concern with few issues. Word of advice to yourself though, check, double check, and then check again before you print any of your stories, will save you having to fill your ''newspaper'' with apologies to all the people you piss off!

Tada

God

PS Top of the league, we''re having a laugh! Top of the league, we''re having a laugh!

Posted By: lmc on January 24th 2010 at 13:24:06[/quote]

I have just posted this on their comments next to the article. Strangely enough as yet they have not put it on yet. With regards the boycott I am starting a seperate thread. Notice they have posted a comment presumably from one of our rivals simply saying HA HA HA. We all should be emailing this idiot as quite clearly he is trying to destabilise our club. Lets find out if by coincidence he has links with Leeds /Charlton / Colchester / Ipswich

As a Norwich supporter I beleive what we are told by our board and that this story is complete fabrication made up by some Leeds / Charlton / Colchester supporting journalist to destabilise our club. Assuming this story is not correct I hope the whole of Norfolk ( the campaign has begun ) refuse to buy the NOW and any other associated newspapers. I sincerely hope as well that you are sued by the club ( that will help with the debt ) and any of your press guys are excluded from Carrow Road and any interviews with our players and management. Crawl back into your hole. You cant even get the amount right that Delia put in it is far more.

[quote user="Metatron"]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1942658,00.html

CITY have issued the following statement from Chief Executive David McNally in response to a story in the News of the World today (Sunday, January 24), claiming the Club could go into administration by Thursday and has called in financial experts Ernst Young and KPMG as potential administrators:

"The story in the News of the World is completely untrue. As far as the Club is concerned we consider the story is defamatory and accordingly we have placed the matter in the hands of our solicitors, and will be pursuing for damages."

Go McNally....[/quote]What would be really sweet is if we could sue NotW, and our payment covered Colchester''s claim on Lambert...

[quote user="Metatron"]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1942658,00.html

Go McNally....[/quote]Excellent.*Drums fingers together in a Mr Burns stylee*

Excellent news. Mcnally is exactly the sort of no-nonsense, hard-a*sed business man that Norwich have been needing for years. You just know that if this had happened under Doncaster there would have been days of silence followed by a half-hearted rebuttal. Mcnally is willing to take people on, and isn''t scared of bit of a legal battle aslong as he gets whats best for the club. he who dares and all that.. :-)  

I feel that this article has been done to deliberately destabilise our club. As Mr McNally said yesterday as a club we are one. Lets show that we work together and show this idiot from the NOTW that his little antics will not work. How do we start a campaign to stop the whole of Norfolk from buying the NOTW and any associated newspapers? I for one would quite happily stand outside Carrow Road next week handing out leaflets obviously with the support of others.

The club should ban all NOTW reporters from Carrow Road for their part and if they cant do that make it quite clear who they are on Saturday so we can tell them what we think - obviously without any violence.

These guys really need to be taught a lesson and if we act as one we can

Thoughts? or am I just letting the red mist decend like Holt yesterday?

If this was really true, then I''m sure there would have been an article about it on this website within the past few days. I can''t see how NOTW could find out about this before an article is posted on this website. The only article related to this is the one about McNally taking legal action over NOTW.