Sign in to follow this  
ca

News of the World article about us tomorrow

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="maninblack"]

As far as I am aware no ''business'' has been placed in administration due to either an annual loss or indeed the debt that the organisation has.  A business is placed in administration by either the board or the banks if it has run out of cash and cannot a) service the debt payments or/and b) meet it''s necessary and conracted regular outgoings.

This clearly includes such areas as salaries (being the biggest commitment). I am also not aware that the palyers have not been payed, a point I am sure we would all find out about.

Finally would the board approve a 3.5 yr contract yesterday to CM and all the additional cost that incurs if we were " on the brink of financial meltdown".............Unless there is another motive!

Exceptional TEAM performance yesterday!

[/quote]Common sense but well said.We have a squad that is currently full of salable assets. Holt, Hoolahan, Martin, Russell, Smith,even the Doc. They would be sold to stave off administration. We have also signed players like Whitbread, Martin and McNamee all for a fee I believe and not to mention their wage.We have a guy in Mcnally who as far as I can see has never lied to us. He told us we have no need to sell our star players. We haven''t. If we were so close to administration would he say that? would we still have our stars?Finally we have in Bowkett, Foulger and Smith and Wynn Jones 4 people with the financial capability to stave of any threat of administration at this level. I for one am convinced they would, but I for one think this story is a load of waffle.[/quote]

I wish I shared your confidence but I can''t believe anyone would make something like this up and print it in a national newspaper. The people running the club would have no say in the matter if the banks decided to pull the plug and say enough is enough.

[/quote]Freddie star ate my hamster. You don''t believe the NOTW make up stories! All newspapers and reporters make up stories or fabricate thing out of situations. We have money worries as do half the teams in the country. Not every bank is pulling the plug and nor is ours. We are paying our debts. They are hardly that out of control. A lotto winner could pay them off on a good day. Thursday will come and go in the same way as everyday that Nostradamus predicted the end of the world has come and gone. Without consequence. Stop worrying about something in a newspaper that nobody else is reporting. when they all carry the story thats the time to take note.

[quote user="kdncfc"]According to somene on wrath it has more to do with HMRC than the banks.[/quote]What paying all that massive tax we owe cos of all those massive profits we made. Bit simplistic I know but very unlikely and also even more likely that somebody board based would chip in a pay the tax/Vat debts. Isn''t going to be millions.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="maninblack"]

As far as I am aware no ''business'' has been placed in administration due to either an annual loss or indeed the debt that the organisation has.  A business is placed in administration by either the board or the banks if it has run out of cash and cannot a) service the debt payments or/and b) meet it''s necessary and conracted regular outgoings.

This clearly includes such areas as salaries (being the biggest commitment). I am also not aware that the palyers have not been payed, a point I am sure we would all find out about.

Finally would the board approve a 3.5 yr contract yesterday to CM and all the additional cost that incurs if we were " on the brink of financial meltdown".............Unless there is another motive!

[/quote]Common sense but well said.We have a squad that is currently full of salable assets. Holt, Hoolahan, Martin, Russell, Smith,even the Doc. They would be sold to stave off administration. We have also signed players like Whitbread, Martin and McNamee all for a fee I believe and not to mention their wage.We have a guy in Mcnally who as far as I can see has never lied to us. He told us we have no need to sell our star players. We haven''t. If we were so close to administration would he say that? would we still have our stars?Finally we have in Bowkett, Foulger and Smith and Wynn Jones 4 people with the financial capability to stave of any threat of administration at this level. I for one am convinced they would, but I for one think this story is a load of waffle.[/quote]

I wish I shared your confidence but I can''t believe anyone would make something like this up and print it in a national newspaper. The people running the club would have no say in the matter if the banks decided to pull the plug and say enough is enough.

[/quote]Freddie star ate my hamster. You don''t believe the NOTW make up stories! All newspapers and reporters make up stories or fabricate thing out of situations. We have money worries as do half the teams in the country. Not every bank is pulling the plug and nor is ours. We are paying our debts. They are hardly that out of control. A lotto winner could pay them off on a good day. Thursday will come and go in the same way as everyday that Nostradamus predicted the end of the world has come and gone. Without consequence. Stop worrying about something in a newspaper that nobody else is reporting. when they all carry the story thats the time to take note.[/quote]

Freddy Starr ate my hamster story wasn''t done by the News of the World.

[quote user="norfolk royal"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="maninblack"]

[/quote]Freddie star ate my hamster. You don''t believe the NOTW make up stories! All newspapers and reporters make up stories or fabricate thing out of situations. We have money worries as do half the teams in the country. Not every bank is pulling the plug and nor is ours. We are paying our debts. They are hardly that out of control. A lotto winner could pay them off on a good day. Thursday will come and go in the same way as everyday that Nostradamus predicted the end of the world has come and gone. Without consequence. Stop worrying about something in a newspaper that nobody else is reporting. when they all carry the story thats the time to take note.[/quote]

Freddy Starr ate my hamster story wasn''t done by the News of the World.[/quote]It was an example of the BULL newspapers make up. I never said that It was them but if I mislead you in to believing I thought it was them I''m sorry. Hey this making things up is easy and you get a response!!

[quote user="pennywise "]Why don`t they just issue one this morning how long would it take mcnally to knock one out on the website ? [:D][/quote]I personally don''t want to know about Mcnally ''knocking one out'' over a website.......... [:O]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="pennywise "]Why don`t they just issue one this morning how long would it take mcnally to knock one out on the website ? [:D][/quote]

I personally don''t want to know about Mcnally ''knocking one out'' over a website.......... [:O]
[/quote]

LMFAO 

The club really ought to say something-maybe not today, but certainly tomorrow...

Its a golden chance for them to very publicly deny a nationally focused story, and, in doing so, show the manager and his staff, players, and fans, that, what has been constantly preached on a very regional level for the last few years (ie) debts are manageable, is true.

If, however, there is some truth in the NOTW and we are all in for a bit of a shock, AFTER all we have been told and during this long time footballing high...then I think they''ll yearn for the discontent of a year ago and more, as that''d be a picnic compared to what it would stir up now!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/695976/CANARIES-ON-BRINK-OF-ADMINISTRATION.html

Hardly something to worry about we have been on the brink for years!!!

THIS NOT A NEW STORY!!!!!

This story was also announced on Talksport this morning, and the first thing that crossed my mind was all of the recent signings that Norwich had made. It doesn''t make sense at all but it is still very worrying.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]The club really ought to say something-maybe not today, but certainly tomorrow...

Its a golden chance for them to very publicly deny a nationally focused story, and, in doing so, show the manager and his staff, players, and fans, that, what has been constantly preached on a very regional level for the last few years (ie) debts are manageable, is true.

If, however, there is some truth in the NOTW and we are all in for a bit of a shock, AFTER all we have been told and during this long time footballing high...then I think they''ll yearn for the discontent of a year ago and more, as that''d be a picnic compared to what it would stir up now![/quote]

The club donnt have to do anything!! this is an old story, the accounts came out weeks ago! Delia issued a statement as did the board!  so why all the panic now! we have been on the brink for years!

The only thing that concerns me is that even after the accounts were revealed, McNally still stressed that we were still in a bit of financial bother. Could he have been referring to this possible outcome?

Secondly - and call me cynical - but we have had some high profile news around us the past couple of weeks - paul lambert going, hoolahan and holt going, now this. COULD it be work of a darker force ie Leeds or that twatinahat down the road at the weston homes?

Shake us up a little?

Why does anybody need to respond to the NOTW?

If we were about to go under why would we sign 4 players in 2 weeks???

We know the finances aren''t good and that''s why the club need the season ticket money in March.

We are TOTL so enjoy the feeling!!

If it was true that City were on the brink of financial meltdown surely they would have sold one of their big name players this month? And as everyone else has mentioned, it does not make sense when they have bought players IN. I suspect it''s a quiet news weekend and NOTW is just looking for a story to fill its space!

The club is also about to get a windfall via season-ticket renewals, so yet again it doesn''t make sense. I hope though that people will renew early to help to put all of these rumours to bed.

Just a cynical thought for a Sunday morning. When is the hearing about PL''s move from Colchester?  I was wondering if this is a story which the club will allow to run to possibly limit any fine imposed. Not that we are guilty of anything.

I remember the NOTW running a story last season that the Turners were about to buy Delia out and become the new majority share holders and was tosh. Garbage paper full of lies, Thats why every week there is a 2 inch article stuck in a corner apoligising to somebody for another false story.

I think if they came out and denied it, people would say "there must be something in it". Personally I think they read First Wizards posts about administration...sort of thing a lazy journo does......Camuldung has made a living off trolling this board form stories!!!

Wiz old chum you said the club will go into admin soon, as a club director told you that at a "boozy busines party" in Febuary/march time, but refused to give any more details. My question for you Wiz is......

Have you been selling stories to the News Of The World and how much did you get???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Quotes were made by First Wizard on here lol.[/quote]

Maybe Cam has sold Wizard''s posts to the NOTW

I really wish I could share the optimism of those on here that don''t think it''s true but I''m afraid I can''t, however much bull the NOTW comes out with they do get some things right. The most worrying line for me in that article is "Financial experts Ernst Young and KPMG have both been called in as potential administrators". The fact that they claim that they have already been appointed bothers me, Mcnally may have said that we won''t be going into admin but it isn''t unheard of for football clubs to lie when it comes to such matters.

[quote user="kdncfc"] Mcnally may have said that we won''t be going into admin but it isn''t unheard of for football clubs to lie when it comes to such matters.[/quote]

You will soon incur the wrath of Colonel Cluster[:O]

Don''t believe anything in The News of the World - it isn''t fit to be called a newspaper.

FFS - how long is what they purport to be an article?

Scumbag lying bastards - along with most papers. Believe virtually nothing in any of them!