Sign in to follow this  
ca

Have we ever been prouder?

I''ve never been prouder than I was today

Proud of the lads for the way they fought and never gave up

Proud of the decision that Lambert & Co made to go 3 at the back when we were down to 10 men to go for the win.

Proud of the fans who when the chips looked down  got behind the team and raised the roof to spur them on.

I am so proud and bet you are too [:)]

I am too [:)] However, let us be reminded that we are in still in the 3rd division of english football. Never the less, quality display today. [Y]

Yeah, it was great today, i was happier today, than last saturday (i don''t really care about Colchester tbh, they where just upset we stoll there manager, and thought they are better than us, because Lambert beat us 7-1 :P) the team did really well, the fans where great, and Lambert made the right decisions (even taking off Hoolahan....) :D

OTBC TOP OF THE LEAGUE :D

incredile atmosphere in those last 15 minutes after we scored! if we''d of shown that fight and spirit last season we wud of stayed up!

Spot on CA, the team were immense in the second half considering we had 10 men and even though they had three or four chances we gave them plenty to think about. Extremely enjoyable afternoon and I can''t remember the last time I felt as proud as I do tonight.

They done well. But I have been proud many more times than today, say promotion to the Prem, Europe, many more, this is still the 3rd division and we should be doing well against a team that got promoted last year from the bottom tier....

The first time since the promotion season where I honestly thought we could win the game with 10 men.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Proud of the decision that Lambert & Co made to go 3 at the back when we were down to 10 men to go for the win.

Proud of the fans who when the chips looked down  got behind the team and raised the roof to spur them on.

[/quote]

Couldn''t  agree more. The place was rocking and the effort put in by the players after Holty''s moment of stupidity was immense.

Brentford never looked like they believed that they could win, and when the goal went in I don''t think I''ve ever shouted so loud in my life.

Oh, and Paul Lambert really does walk on water!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]They done well. But I have been proud many more times than today, say promotion to the Prem, Europe, many more, this is still the 3rd division and we should be doing well against a team that got promoted last year from the bottom tier....[/quote]

A man with persepctive. What a refreshing change. We won. It''s great. We''re top. It''s great. We''re in the third division. That''s crap. We got relegated last season. That was crap too. Over the top reactions do you no favours.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Second that Angel.It was a game that will only show its impotance in retrospect. At the end of the season I wouldn''t mind betting that this day will be picked out as the day we were all convinced that this team has what it takes to go all the way.

[quote user="dpit"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]They done well. But I have been proud many more times than today, say promotion to the Prem, Europe, many more, this is still the 3rd division and we should be doing well against a team that got promoted last year from the bottom tier....[/quote]

A man with persepctive. What a refreshing change. We won. It''s great. We''re top. It''s great. We''re in the third division. That''s crap. We got relegated last season. That was crap too. Over the top reactions do you no favours.

[/quote]On this ocassion the perspective is the fact we were down to 10 men and in previous seasons that would have spelt the end of our game. The new perspective is that we have a manager who made the right calls at the right time and a team and fans who raised their game to match the managers decisions and the end result was a joy to behold.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="dpit"]

[/quote]

On this ocassion the perspective is the fact we were down to 10 men and in previous seasons that would have spelt the end of our game. The new perspective is that we have a manager who made the right calls at the right time and a team and fans who raised their game to match the managers decisions and the end result was a joy to behold.
[/quote]

In the previous season, we were in a higher league.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

We have gone from bottom of the table on the first day to top before the end of January.

What an achievement.

[/quote]Sorry to be a pedant, but Southampton were bottom after the first game.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="dpit"]

[/quote]

On this ocassion the perspective is the fact we were down to 10 men and in previous seasons that would have spelt the end of our game. The new perspective is that we have a manager who made the right calls at the right time and a team and fans who raised their game to match the managers decisions and the end result was a joy to behold.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="dpit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sometimes you have to take a kick up the ar se to help you see straight.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Indeed, and my throat is sore from singing, yelling and screaming at the players [:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Indeed, and my throat is sore from singing, yelling and screaming at the players [:D]

[/quote]

My throat is very sore too WAY [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Decidedly OTT City Angel but I agree with the basic sentiment. I assume you were at Carrow Road that night we put Bayern Munich out of the UEFA Cup? Today v Brentford whilst really exciting and commendable was simply not on the same planet!! 

Agree with the bold decision of the boy Lambert to ...''go for it''. Could you ever imagine Worthy doing that?? It would have been a 4-4-1 formation straight away.

I''m extremely proud of our team today, the dug in and got the job done, gave everything they had despite playing 10 against 11 plus the officials, Holt''s red was about the only call he got right tbh!

Yes the club are at a low point still but fair play to them, they''re doing everything they can to put it right!

Today was great, but it wasn''t the Milk Cup semi vs Ipswich in ''85 (nearly 25 years ago now?). I know I know - It''s my own fault, I''m an old fart...

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''ve never been prouder than I was today[:)]

[/quote]

Really?  I can think of outside City Hall, 2004, and after the playoff final... then of course Bayern Munich and even the away leg against Inter Milan where we ran them damn close.  Yes today was wonderful, best game of the season etc., but our ten men beating Brentford would only get in my 2nd division of proudest moments.

It''s all relative surely. Yes we have achieved more, at greater heights and larger stages, but considering where we were just a year ago just reaching top of the table is some achievement.

Look at the how we all reacted on the first day of the season. Legions of fans leaving at half time, a stunned silence descending on the rest. To think on that day we might even get beyond half way was an impossible dream.

And so we started again (much like before) and this time, thank God, we have found a winner, who in a few short months has transferred his winning mentality to the players and now, the fans.

I have had many proud moments following NCFC. All those mentioned by Mr Chops, and a few others, promotions of long ago, the Milk Cup, precious wins away at Portman Road.

Today signified a never say die attitude, from the players, manager and fans. Our past few years of infighting amongst fans, the managerial merry go rounds and the off field financial downs we haven''t had much to sing about. Now we have.

Proud yes....prouder? I will never be more proud than on a trip to Munich we beat a certain local team 2-1 who hadnt been beaten at home before by a English club, and City were tipped for a thrashing.

As proud as i am today nothing will beat the feeling of that night.

I think I understand what CA means.

Yes, we have played at higher levels and celebrated in more elevated circumstances but......

after years of long decline and tangible mismanagement we now have a situation of such togetherness and passion throughout the Club capable of tearing a victory from adversity we are feeling hugely proud to be Norwich supporters.

We have known these times before but in recent years the contrasting disappointment has been demoralising to the point that a return to the feel good is amplified.

The division is irrelevant, if you want to be a glory hunter in the upper echelons go and support Manure through your TV.

Norwich City is a Club with an extraordinary civic identity. Supporters celebrate their love of their City and County through the Club. It is important we own our own players and have our own youth coming through or have players who come here, love it and stay.

It is important we have passionate and effective Club management and a team manager and coaching staff who command respect.

Do some people honestly sit and say to themselves, ''You know what? I feel proud, but I feel I have to temper that pride with a sense of proportionality?'' I''m with CA. I feel as proud now as I ever have of Norwich City Football Club.

I fully understand what City Angel Is saying about being proud and I do feel pride, pride that I havent felt in a long time.

But those in Munich that night..........comon, you know where im coming from hey???

Im very very happy with the direction the club and Iam proud... I think this season has the potential to turn this club around rather than another low table finish in the Championship.....However, proudest ever moment? No, deffinatley not. Maybe stood in front of city hall watching as lift the cup or watching us beat Man U at home in the league or beating Ipswich to go top, but this no.