Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

[quote]]Nothing to worry about Shack and also NO sorry''s on this thread. You tried your best and you can only be proud of yourself. Great effort mate.[/quote]

Oh ffs, the sycophancy is killing me.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]What are you all speaking about. There has to be a winner, doesn''t there? Unfortunately, Algeria are now ahead.[/quote]All bets, unless otherwise stated, only count for the 90 minutes. Extra time and penalties arent included. So unfortunatly we are just out of luck again.[/quote]

My selection commences as from next week.I figure you guys could do with my help.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote]]Nothing to worry about Shack and also NO sorry''s on this thread. You tried your best and you can only be proud of yourself. Great effort mate.[/quote]

Oh ffs, the sycophancy is killing me.
[/quote]

Eh?  What do we have to gain?

You may wish to do a bit of research into what the Free Bet is all about.  I''m sure if you pm''d Nutty Nigel, he would happily answer any questions you have as everyone is welcome on the free bet[Y]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]What are you all speaking about. There has to be a winner, doesn''t there? Unfortunately, Algeria are now ahead.[/quote]All bets, unless otherwise stated, only count for the 90 minutes. Extra time and penalties arent included. So unfortunatly we are just out of luck again.[/quote]

Thanks Trent. I did not know that.

[/quote]Its one of those situations where the bet was either an algeria win, an ivory coast win, or a draw. You can have a bet on the team to qualify for the next round, which obviously takes the draw out the equation. But from a bookies point of view they set the odds with 90 minutes in mind, should a match go to extra time the odds for things such as final score, total throw ins, total corners, total goals etc will be thrown off course. So to cover themselves they make it 90 minutes only. Im assuming that in the NFL/MLB etc that spread betting only counts for regulation play, overtime would not count? Cant be sure of that one though.  Hope that helps [Y]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]What are you all speaking about. There has to be a winner, doesn''t there? Unfortunately, Algeria are now ahead.[/quote]

All bets, unless otherwise stated, only count for the 90 minutes. Extra time and penalties arent included. So unfortunatly we are just out of luck again.
[/quote]

Thanks Trent. I did not know that.

[/quote]

Its one of those situations where the bet was either an algeria win, an ivory coast win, or a draw. You can have a bet on the team to qualify for the next round, which obviously takes the draw out the equation. But from a bookies point of view they set the odds with 90 minutes in mind, should a match go to extra time the odds for things such as final score, total throw ins, total corners, total goals etc will be thrown off course. So to cover themselves they make it 90 minutes only. Im assuming that in the NFL/MLB etc that spread betting only counts for regulation play, overtime would not count? Cant be sure of that one though.  Hope that helps [Y]

[/quote]

Yes, it does. Thank you. Totally different ( I believe ) from the US where, as you probably know, winning is everything. [:D]

Yep, and luckily my team (Colts) are winning comfortably at the moment! Peyton Mannings just too damn good...   And theres an interception, game over. Fingers crossed for a Colts/Saints super bowl, would be a hell of a game.

Hard Luck Shack, you did your best which is all that matters.

Shack, that was very unlucky so no sorry''s please. As Angel so rightly says you did your best which is all that matters. We are missing that little bit of luck that we need to get the six in. But it will return, maybe even next week when CTID has his first go at the final selections.

Now don''t you PUPs go worrying about Shy Stella. He means us no harm and is just here to lend his "support" to Shack[;)] But we needed that support with selections earlier in the week but I am now heartened to learn that he will be joining us from next week. You''re welcome Shyster[Y] Shacks selections were balanced in an attempt to get six winners but with a reasonable return for the academy. Had he replaced Ivory Coast with Chelsea it would have greatly reduced the potential winnings. Being in charge of the final selections is exactly what it says on the tin. And to a man you PUPs never let us down.

Yankee, Trent explained the 90 minute thing better than I ever could. Of course you can still make a bet for a team to progress in a cup competition but the odds would be different. The odds in this case were for the result at the end of "normal time" where there were three possible outcomes. To make a bet to progress through to the next round would involve only two possible outcomes so the odds would be shorter in that instance.

I''ll be back with the stats later.

Unlucky Shacks.

I have to admit watching those last 20 minutes of the Ivory Coast match was more exciting knowing what was riding on it. I can see why people gamble now! It''s not for me though I''ll keep my money for women and booze!

Also thank you Trent for the description on gambling rules it was very informative.

Better luck next week!

Davo

Now that the Charlton result is in (And despite being a loser for Trent I know he''s happy) I can post the stats.

What a great week this was for all you PUPs! 54 selected this week with 44 getting their selections correct and  one void making a brilliant success rate of 83%. Of course this figure is particularly high this week because the four most popular naps all won. Shack had all those on his line too. Between us we napped 24 games of which 16 won and 1 was void making a success rate of 70%. Shacks final selections ended up with 5/6 which is 83%. So he did better than could be expected with what we gave him to work with. We just are missing that bit of luck that is needed to get the full six up.

Thank you again Shack. I hope you enjoyed it despite the disappointment right at the end and you did us all proud.

Mr. Bump just goes on and on like the Duracel Bunny!! It’s now up to 25 consecutive winning naps. Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks.

Mr. Bump 25-25 100
Delia''s Devonshire.. 23-24 96
Beauseant 23-25 92
Fonejacker 23-25 92
Til 1010 23-25 92
NCFC_Shaun 19-21 90
Graham Humphrey 22-25 88
Norfolkbroadslim 22-25 88
Scooby 19-22 86
MacDougall''s perm 12-14 86
NCFCStar 21-25 84
Pboro_Canary 21-25 84
Sparkos 21-25 84
Cosmic Twin 20-24 83
Obiwancanary 20-24 83
Shack Attack 18-22 82
Berkshire Canary 14-17 82
Cityangel 20-25 80
Fellas 20-25 80
Inch High 20-25 80
Mister Chops 20-25 80
Norfolkchance1 20-25 80
Kathy 15-19 79
Davo 18-23 78
methcanary 19-25 76
Sports Desk - Pete 19-25 76
Trent Canary 19-25 76
Gazzathegreat 13-17 76
Leedscanary 18-24 75
Big Bob 15-20 75
Camuldonum 17-23 74
GMF 17-23 74
Dion Dublin = Legend 16-22 73
1Dartmoore 11-15 73
Hissing Sid 18-25 72
Hughesy 18-25 72
Mandie Moo 18-25 72
Newyorkcanary 18-25 72
CanaryRyan 13-18 72
Diesel Doris 17-24 71
nutty nigel 17-24 71
Norwich 17-25 68
Yankee Canary 17-25 68
City-Til-I-Die 16-24 67
Muddy funster 16-24 67
Scrimmage 16-24 67
Canary Cherub 14-21 67
Legend Iwan 13-20 65
1st Wazzock 16-25 64
I''m A Banana 16-25 64
Jellytot 16-25 64
Yellow Fever (BBI) 15-25 60
Astrodyne 10-17 59
Brendan 12-21 57
The Butler 12-21 57
Blahblahblah 14-25 56
Ginger Pele 14-25 56
Gregt 14-25 56

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
Now that the Charlton result is in (And despite being a loser for Trent I know he''s happy) I can post the stats.

[/quote]Ecstatic mate [:)]Congratulations to Bump, 25 in a row is simply amazing.