Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

The Leeds Squad.

Not trying to start an argument Billy Bremner, but you put your 3 seasons in here down to bad luck.....are Yeovi, play off finalists 2 years ago,l still in here due to "bad luck"? You are in the league you deserve to be in same as us becasue you didnt get the results you needed to play at a higher standard.

[quote user="billy_bremner"]"Why is it ridiculous? Someone has stated an opinion that Leeds do have average players in their team, and made comparisons to our players.

"

And if you get a reply from a fan who''s club in 2nd in the League with 2 games in hand , 4th round of F.A Cup after outplaying Spurs and Manure , Area Finals of JPT etc , saying that his club does not have average players and that they are more than good enough for this level ( proven by the above facts ) , can''t you reason out with him ?[/quote]And that is exactly why I''m not interested.All you want to do, and similar morons, is to talk about Leeds. This is a Norwich city forum.Tell you what, I''ll go on WACCOE and big up my team and I wonder what kind of reception I''ll get.Whether or not you have come to talk football is irrelevant to be honest, you are suffering for other fellow fans muppetry, which I am sure you must be used to, that look in someones eye when you tell them you are a Leeds fan

Why do we get so wound up by fans of other teams coming onto this message board?. Sure spainboy is a complete bell end, but we have some of our own who post on this message board. Why we are obsessing about Leeds is beyond me. I think the Bremner guy makes some fair points, if a little over reliant on the play off hard luck stories. Leeds are a very good side and they will be there or there abouts at the end of the season, yes they are having a "blip" but make no mistake we will have a similar "blip" before the season is out. We seem to be forgetting that Charlton are also going well, personally I think that it is going to be a very tight finish in terms of who gets the two automatic promotion spots and there are still a lot of games to play. The only certainty in terms og "going up up up" at the moment is the price of the season tickets...

Fair enough , I understand how I might come across with the hard luck stories. Maybe I''m being a bit sentimental and biased , it''s hard to say as this is a very subjective issue. I don''t think it was bad luck that got us relegated from the Championship but I do think that with a little bit of luck , we could have gone up from this league earlier , arguably , so you''re rite.

I''m guessing that your blip would start with Holt''s suspension . I think he is the key to your team dominating the opposition in League 1 and let us see if my guess is right or not in the forth coming weeks.

As for our blip, if we win or draw at Swindon this tuesday, then I''d say it ends there . But if we don''t , then , for the first time in the season , I''d start to worry little bit about the top 2 spot.

Other teams over play the holt card, so he will be missing for three games, i dont think its going to make a lot of difference to be honest.

PL will just slot in olli to play alongside martin, nothing much will change, we have been scoring freely from all over the pitch.

And all this does is give the team a chance to bring in other players.

I just cant see it effecting our form to be honest,

And as a side not, i have no probs with other supporters comming on here for a bit of banter.

Unfortuantly dickheads like spainboy give leeds fans a bad name.

He comes here trying to sound like he knows his stuff, but does nothing other than pish people off.

If he fails to see the ground we have made up on charlton and leeds over the last few weeks, more fool him.

He is without doubt in denial.

Something that will make it all the more sweeter if we win the leauge, not that i expect him to be around to be honest.

Fair play to Billy though. I mean he''s come on here and talked nicely, and on topic. 99% of others come on here just to annoy people. [Y]

[quote user="Brendan"]Fair play to Billy though. I mean he''s come on here and talked nicely, and on topic. 99% of others come on here just to annoy people. [Y][/quote]He''s not here to talk about Norwich though, and was just in the Max Gradel thread having a little troll.[:)]

I think the OP lost any semblance of credibility when he suggested Kisnorbo wasn''t as good as Nelson, Doherty, Whitbread and Askou. I''d be delighted if we had a centre back of his quality, he''s clearly better than all bar Whitbread in my opinion, and that''s only because I''ve not seen Whitbread play.Beckford''s a very good striker, i''d swap him for Martin in an instant. His finishing may be suspect as times but he''s worth a lot of money because it''s a lot harder to find pacey strikers with good off-the-ball movement than it is to find say, a striker in a similar mould to Grant Holt. Snodgrass has been excellent for them, and only wouldn''t walk into our side because we play a different system to them. To suggest they''re average is a bit silly really, they''ve got the most ppg in this league for a reason, just as we''re top of the league for the same reasons.I''m not sure which squad I''d rather have, but it''s a moot point anyway, both are playing very well and are likely to go up, certainly both have better players than any team, bar, perhaps Southampton, who aren''t a threat to either. I think Leeds have more players who''ll adjust to the Champioship though, Kisnorbo, Higgs, Beckford and Snodgrass will all be top players in the Championship imo. I know Hoolahan, Holt, Whitbread, Martin and Johnson all might be as well. but I think the Leeds 4 are more nailed on tbh.

[quote user="bjg123"]Beckford''s a very good striker, i''d swap him for Martin in an instant. His finishing may be suspect as times but he''s worth a lot of money because it''s a lot harder to find pacey strikers with good off-the-ball movement than it is to find say, a striker in a similar mould to Grant Holt. [/quote]Agree with the point about pace and Holt, but I for one would not swap a 21-year old striker who has undoubtedly got massive amounts of potential for a 26 year-old striker with pace, who may or may not make it at a level above League One (I personally have my doubts, and have not been overly impressed with Beckford this season).I appreciate there has been massive amounts of hype about Beckford, but if you distance yourself from that, can anybody truly say that he''s a shoe-in for an upper Championship/Premiership striker? I believe that Martin is a superior finisher of the ball, and I don''t think that Beckford can be as wasteful in his finishing at a higher level, as he is at League One, and get away with it.Time will tell, but I can''t understand why you think it''s so clear cut between those two.

He''s got 3 goals in 2 matches against Premier League opposition, even if 1 was a penalty, if he scores again against Spurs that''ll go some way to prove his capabilities.

[quote user="bjg123"]He''s got 3 goals in 2 matches against Premier League opposition, even if 1 was a penalty, if he scores again against Spurs that''ll go some way to prove his capabilities.[/quote]I am not so sure that one off cup games truly represent a sides or a players form. I think that a lot of hype has been created initially by Leeds to sell him, and later by his agent. I honestly think he''s Championship at best, and that seems to be borne out by the fact that Prem clubs aren''t queuing up to sign him this month.

I certainly don''t think he''s Prem quality, at least not yet, but I think he''s good enough for the Championship, and could do really well for a team with ambition there. we''re getting ahead of ourselves with Martin, he''s a good finisher, and a very good striker at this level, but he''s not proven himself nearly as much as Beckford yet.

[quote user="bjg123"]I certainly don''t think he''s Prem quality, at least not yet, but I think he''s good enough for the Championship, and could do really well for a team with ambition there. we''re getting ahead of ourselves with Martin, he''s a good finisher, and a very good striker at this level, but he''s not proven himself nearly as much as Beckford yet.[/quote]They are two different strikers, very different styles.I think that Beckford should have been playing higher than league one at his age if he really is all that, he really hasn''t proved anything. I honestly expected him to go to a maybe bottom half table Prem side this January, I mean seriously, he''s not much money, why isn''t someone like West Ham taking a punt on him?I think that Chris will do well in the championship, and has a lot of years ahead of him to improve.

[quote user="bjg123"]He''s got 3 goals in 2 matches against Premier League opposition, even if 1 was a penalty, if he scores again against Spurs that''ll go some way to prove his capabilities.[/quote]If that was the case, then any lower league opposition who score against a higher league team have gone some way to proving that they can compete in those leagues? I don''t think so.You have to remember there''s players like Earnshaw who have scored hat tricks at all levels who still can''t get a place in a Premiership side, so just because Beckford''s scored a couple of poacher''s goals against Man U and Spurs, where he has doubtless raised his game considerably, doesn''t suddenly mean he can do that week in, week out. I think the jury''s out on that one!

[quote user="bjg123"]I certainly don''t think he''s Prem quality, at least not yet, but I think he''s good enough for the Championship, and could do really well for a team with ambition there. we''re getting ahead of ourselves with Martin, he''s a good finisher, and a very good striker at this level, but he''s not proven himself nearly as much as Beckford yet.[/quote]Disagree, Martin has played well when given a chance in the Championship - Beckford was shipped off on loan to League One Scunthorpe (I think?!).Neither of them are proven at Championship level, let alone Prem.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="bjg123"]He''s got 3 goals in 2 matches against Premier League opposition, even if 1 was a penalty, if he scores again against Spurs that''ll go some way to prove his capabilities.[/quote]If that was the case, then any lower league opposition who score against a higher league team have gone some way to proving that they can compete in those leagues? I don''t think so.You have to remember there''s players like Earnshaw who have scored hat tricks at all levels who still can''t get a place in a Premiership side, so just because Beckford''s scored a couple of poacher''s goals against Man U and Spurs, where he has doubtless raised his game considerably, doesn''t suddenly mean he can do that week in, week out. I think the jury''s out on that one![/quote]Good comparison with Earnshaw.

[quote user="Lambo"]Spainboy, nothing you can say will take the shine off my day, we''re top, yes you have games in hand... thing is your far from garenteed to win them, we''ve got all our points there on the board.

Clutching at straws again arn''t you young man.[/quote]

No there is no guarantee we will win them. There''s no guarantee we will go up or you for that matter.No one knows what is around the corner and you cannot say you wont have a losing run from now until the end of the season. The two games in hand does give us the upper hand though

[quote user="spainboy"][quote user="Lambo"]Spainboy, nothing you can say will take the shine off my day, we''re top, yes you have games in hand... thing is your far from garenteed to win them, we''ve got all our points there on the board.

Clutching at straws again arn''t you young man.[/quote]

No there is no guarantee we will win them. There''s no guarantee we will go up or you for that matter.No one knows what is around the corner and you cannot say you wont have a losing run from now until the end of the season. The two games in hand does give us the upper hand though[/quote]Go away.You bore us.

[quote user="spainboy"]Bloody hell. You really are on here 24hrs a day arn''t ya.[/quote]Yes, now do one, you tedious cretin.

Oh and being on a message forum that is dedicated to MY TEAM compared to going to another team''s forum, to tell them how great my team is compared to theirs, and also going to a rival fans forum and kissing their asses (Charlton), and slowly but surely realising my team aint the greats they thought they were and I''m really nervous now, and the fact your own fans think you are a bell-end, and being here posting while your team is on the telly.Your mum says its time for your bed.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Oh and being on a message forum that is dedicated to MY TEAM compared to going to another team''s forum, to tell them how great my team is compared to theirs, and also going to a rival fans forum and kissing their asses (Charlton), and slowly but surely realising my team aint the greats they thought they were and I''m really nervous now, and the fact your own fans think you are a bell-end, and being here posting while your team is on the telly.

Your mum says its time for your bed.

[:)]
[/quote]

Now you''ve got me worried Morty. Is Spainboy your son? [:O]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]Oh and being on a message forum that is dedicated to MY TEAM compared to going to another team''s forum, to tell them how great my team is compared to theirs, and also going to a rival fans forum and kissing their asses (Charlton), and slowly but surely realising my team aint the greats they thought they were and I''m really nervous now, and the fact your own fans think you are a bell-end, and being here posting while your team is on the telly.Your mum says its time for your bed.[:)][/quote]

Now you''ve got me worried Morty. Is Spainboy your son? [:O]

[/quote]Cor, low blow YankeeCanary! Go and apologise right now [;)]

Forgive me for turning this thread back to football but there is one point I would like to raise.

We play Leeds in what will be a crucial match and we really have to beat them.  I have noticed that most dangerous attacks against Leeds seem to come down their right, the opposition left.   Wellbeck had them in all sorts of trouble at Old Trafford and if someone  better was playing there, United should have won.  Even Carlisle tormented Crowe.

I look at Leeds and their right flank weakness and I then look at Drury, Lappin and Hoolahan and realy think that we can take them, irrespective of the merits of Beckford etc.

Hello Norwich fans, Leeds fans here, before I say anything I have to say that spainboy is right in some things he says but he goes the wrong way in saying them, he is an annoying twat, I have looked on these forums on occasion over the past 2 weeks or so to see what you guys think how the season is going so far.

In terms of the Leeds squad it is a very strong squad, Norwich also have a very strong squad.

The likes of Whitbread and Drury are good defenders and Wes Hollahan is one of the best midfielders in the league, you guys are lucky to have him. Him and Snodgrass would be my pcik of the two best, I also think Nicky Bailey at Charlton is a good player too.

In the end of the season I think we will win the league, you guys will come second and Charlton will be third, but who knows unless you have a blip like us then you will be there til the end.

[quote user="Conway1992"]Hello Norwich fans, Leeds fans here, before I say anything I have to say that spainboy is right in some things he says but he goes the wrong way in saying them, he is an annoying twat, I have looked on these forums on occasion over the past 2 weeks or so to see what you guys think how the season is going so far.

In terms of the Leeds squad it is a very strong squad, Norwich also have a very strong squad.

The likes of Whitbread and Drury are good defenders and Wes Hollahan is one of the best midfielders in the league, you guys are lucky to have him. Him and Snodgrass would be my pcik of the two best, I also think Nicky Bailey at Charlton is a good player too.

In the end of the season I think we will win the league, you guys will come second and Charlton will be third, but who knows unless you have a blip like us then you will be there til the end.[/quote]Yeah, he has rubbed a few of us up the wrong way to say the least lol.I honestly think that your fixture pile up must be a massive concern regarding your league form, tonight is a massive game for you.I think that Norwich and Leeds will be in the top two, and I only really worry about Charlton, as I think the three of us are a slight level above the rest of the league.Last nights result obviously did us both a massive favour but Charlton will be back, must say they looked awful on telly last night though!