Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

The Leeds Squad.

I don''t know if i''m biased, but when i look at Leeds'' squad and line up i always think its a very average team full of league 1 & 2 players, apart from Beckford, Snodgrass & possibly Howson. I mean Forster is better than their keeper, Martins a better rb than Crowe, Drurys certainly better than Hughes. Any of our 4 centre halfs are better than Bromby and Kisnorbo. And in the middle i think Russell, Smith, Lappin, Hughes are better than the likes of Doyle & Kilkenny ! And there 2nd striker Becchio, give me Martin any day ! I don''t think they squad good enough to have the likes of Hughes & McNamee on the bench ! Its a squad game and are strength in depth is gonna see us win this league ! OTBC

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]I don''t know if i''m biased, but when i look at Leeds'' squad and line up i always think its a very average team full of league 1 & 2 players, apart from Beckford, Snodgrass & possibly Howson. I mean Forster is better than their keeper, Martins a better rb than Crowe, Drurys certainly better than Hughes. Any of our 4 centre halfs are better than Bromby and Kisnorbo. And in the middle i think Russell, Smith, Lappin, Hughes are better than the likes of Doyle & Kilkenny ! And there 2nd striker Becchio, give me Martin any day ! I don''t think they squad good enough to have the likes of Hughes & McNamee on the bench ! Its a squad game and are strength in depth is gonna see us win this league ! OTBC[/quote]

talking shit talking shit.

higgs a class keeper, and doesnt fuck up his kicking late on, kisnorbo is the best centre half in the league, kilkenny is the best passer of the ball in the division, beckfords the best finisher (goals to games) and snodgrass, howson, becchio, are all capable of playing in the CCC.

its close between us, but we are not an average squad. Getting too big for your boots boys

beckford the best finisher in the league? i''ve heard it all now

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]I don''t know if i''m biased, but when i look at Leeds'' squad and line up i always think its a very average team full of league 1 & 2 players, apart from Beckford, Snodgrass & possibly Howson. I mean Forster is better than their keeper, Martins a better rb than Crowe, Drurys certainly better than Hughes. Any of our 4 centre halfs are better than Bromby and Kisnorbo. And in the middle i think Russell, Smith, Lappin, Hughes are better than the likes of Doyle & Kilkenny ! And there 2nd striker Becchio, give me Martin any day ! I don''t think they squad good enough to have the likes of Hughes & McNamee on the bench ! Its a squad game and are strength in depth is gonna see us win this league ! OTBC[/quote]

Looking in you would say the same about ours, but we see these players week in week out! thats why Hoolahoop, Holt and martin get mentioned in national press, and we could add the whole team to that!gonna be close, but i thinkwe have the better outfit, and will  lift the title!

[quote user="EssexWhite"][quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]I don''t know if i''m biased, but when i look at Leeds'' squad and line up i always think its a very average team full of league 1 & 2 players, apart from Beckford, Snodgrass & possibly Howson. I mean Forster is better than their keeper, Martins a better rb than Crowe, Drurys certainly better than Hughes. Any of our 4 centre halfs are better than Bromby and Kisnorbo. And in the middle i think Russell, Smith, Lappin, Hughes are better than the likes of Doyle & Kilkenny ! And there 2nd striker Becchio, give me Martin any day ! I don''t think they squad good enough to have the likes of Hughes & McNamee on the bench ! Its a squad game and are strength in depth is gonna see us win this league ! OTBC[/quote]

higgs a class keeper, and doesnt fuck up his kicking late on, kisnorbo is the best centre half in the league, kilkenny is the best passer of the ball in the division, beckfords the best finisher (goals to games) and snodgrass, howson, becchio, are all capable of playing in the CCC.

its close between us, but we are not an average squad. Getting too big for your boots boys[/quote]You think Kilkenny is a better passer off the ball than Hoolahan? Also, Beckford the best finisher in the league? A good goalscorer maybe, but best finisher my arse!

I personally think Beckford is Sh*te......

His goals today...

first one on BBC all it said, was he was in the right place, Even Cureton could do that...and the second was a penalty...he can''t create chances like our front 3......

I think Kisnorbo, Snodgrass and their keeper is good, they also have the best player (second best anyway) ANDY HUGHES :P

Leeds arn''t average IMO, they''ve got some very very good players and a system that works, they''re system makes up for Beckfords flaws as ours does Hoolahan''s/

Let''s not get too above our station, I think we''ll win the league but to call Leeds average is a bit daft.

[quote user="EssexWhite"][quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]I don''t know if i''m biased, but when i look at Leeds'' squad and line up i always think its a very average team full of league 1 & 2 players, apart from Beckford, Snodgrass & possibly Howson. I mean Forster is better than their keeper, Martins a better rb than Crowe, Drurys certainly better than Hughes. Any of our 4 centre halfs are better than Bromby and Kisnorbo. And in the middle i think Russell, Smith, Lappin, Hughes are better than the likes of Doyle & Kilkenny ! And there 2nd striker Becchio, give me Martin any day ! I don''t think they squad good enough to have the likes of Hughes & McNamee on the bench ! Its a squad game and are strength in depth is gonna see us win this league ! OTBC[/quote]

its close between us, but we are not an average squad. Getting too big for your boots boys[/quote]Im sorry, but you''ve obviously not seen Gary Doherty play football my friend.

On a serious note, I think its incredibly close between the two. They both have quality players, who both would love to have playing for them. I would happily take about 4 of their starting line up, and shove them in ours. Sadly I cant do that. But in a neutrals point of view, Its gonna be one hell of a run in to the end of the season.

[quote user="Askounin"]I think doyle, killkenny howson and johnson are the key players for leeds and underated. people talk about beckford and snodgrass but i think these players make the team tick[/quote]

Same as Rusty makes us tick, without him our front 3 wouldn''t be able to do their jobs, especially Hoolahan.

Beckford just rides the media hype, best finisher or not he is only third in the table behind Holt and Lambert.... actual goals over reputation any day of the weeks! Personally I think we have a better team, and if we had started the season with Lambert and the current starting 11 we would be top and clear by some distance, to think were were 11 points behind and we have caught them up... we could be 11 points clear right now!

I would agree with the original poster, on paper if you take out snodgrass and Beckford it seems average but they do have a good team spirit and confidence.....I hope they go as far as possible in the cups and knacker themselves out, replays in the cup, extra time the works.

I also think Beckford has found his level and despite scoring in the FA cup against premiership teams and us, i really dont rate him as highly as others, he seems lazy, and as one Lees fan admited, he doesnt really perform away...obviously he did against Man U and Spurs but in the league? Be intrested to see how many he has scored at home and how many away.

Ive never heard so much bull in my life. Kisnorbo is solid for this league. Rarely gets less than 8 out of 10 on post match reviews. You really havent seen Kilkenny play very much have you either. Hughes is probably quite average but he can play in 4 different positions but I wouldnt swap Snodgrass,Beckford,Kilkenny,Kisnorbo,Howson,and Johnson.The only player I rate of yours is Hoolahan. Ok Holt may have scored a couple of goals more(i think) but he is not a patch on Beckford.(hence why Beckford is getting all the headlines and is probably known to every fan in the country right now ) and Grant Holt is only really known by fans from league one and two!!!

[quote user="spainboy"][quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]I don''t know if i''m biased, but when i look at Leeds'' squad and line up i always think its a very average team full of league 1 & 2 players, apart from Beckford, Snodgrass & possibly Howson. I mean Forster is better than their keeper, Martins a better rb than Crowe, Drurys certainly better than Hughes. Any of our 4 centre halfs are better than Bromby and Kisnorbo. And in the middle i think Russell, Smith, Lappin, Hughes are better than the likes of Doyle & Kilkenny ! And there 2nd striker Becchio, give me Martin any day ! I don''t think they squad good enough to have the likes of Hughes & McNamee on the bench ! Its a squad game and are strength in depth is gonna see us win this league ! OTBC[/quote]

Ive never heard so much bull in my life. Kisnorbo is solid for this league. Rarely gets less than 8 out of 10 on post match reviews. You really havent seen Kilkenny play very much have you either. Hughes is probably quite average but he can play in 4 different positions but I wouldnt swap Snodgrass,Beckford,Kilkenny,Kisnorbo,Howson,and Johnson.The only player I rate of yours is Hoolahan. Ok Holt may have scored a couple of goals more(i think) but he is not a patch on Beckford.(hence why Beckford is getting all the headlines and is probably known to every fan in the country right now ) and Grant Holt is only really known by fans from league one and two!!![/quote]Shows how little you know. Beckford has scored less, and created nothing this season. Holt scored and creates plenty.

Come on Brendon. Are youy seriously telling me Holt is better.?!!!?

Pick a decent premiership team for me please?

[quote user="spainboy"]Come on Brendon. Are youy seriously telling me Holt is better.?!!!?

Pick a decent premiership team for me please?[/quote]Arsenal Football Club. Why?

[quote user="spainboy"]I dont know the answer to that.

Pick a prem team for me please?[/quote]Arsenal Football Club. Why?

Holt is better than Beckford and the stats prove it. Not only does Holt score goals but he creates them AND he doesn''t take the penalties. If he did he would have hit nearly 30 this season already! Don''t get me wrong I don''t think Holt would be able to cope in the Prem but neither would Beckford. He is a billy big time that is STILL plying his trade in league 1 despite being 26. Ask yourself this question, if Leeds were in the Prem, would Beckfords name be on the team sheet? I think not.

[quote user="spainboy"]Beckford had more than Holt this time last season.

Your post proves nothing!!![/quote]Well yeah, caues last season isnt this season.

Holt has more goals and more assists spainboy....facts speak for themselves.....do I think Holt would cut it in the premiership? NO, do I think Beckford would? No again.

To be honest Rickie Lambert is the best finisher in this league.