Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Why Have City Fans Become So Arrogant?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Since breaking into the top 2 Ive noticed a huge surge of arrogance from Norwich fans. Refering to every team we play as a "tin pot club", reffering to us as a "big club". Being disrespectful to other clubs in our league and their fans. Its a side to Norwich fans ive never seen before and I dont like it one bit. This is the sort of behaviour that turned most of the nation against Man Utd and their fans, as they used to look down their noses at every club and thought they could dictate to them. What happens if we do go up, and say we play a club relegated from the Premiership like West Ham and they treated us the same? Would you like it....would you hell!!! You never know, we might not get out of this "tin pot" league, and if we dont other clubs supporters will round on us just like they do Man Utd when they lose or miss out on the title. Confidence is a good thing, arrogance just gains you enemys...big difference.[/quote]

Not all, and are you sure you aren''t getting arrogance and confidence muddled up?  I''m confident, and proud of the team and manager, that doesn''t make me arrogant

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Since breaking into the top 2 Ive noticed a huge surge of arrogance from Norwich fans. Refering to every team we play as a "tin pot club", reffering to us as a "big club". Being disrespectful to other clubs in our league and their fans. Its a side to Norwich fans ive never seen before and I dont like it one bit. This is the sort of behaviour that turned most of the nation against Man Utd and their fans, as they used to look down their noses at every club and thought they could dictate to them. What happens if we do go up, and say we play a club relegated from the Premiership like West Ham and they treated us the same? Would you like it....would you hell!!! You never know, we might not get out of this "tin pot" league, and if we dont other clubs supporters will round on us just like they do Man Utd when they lose or miss out on the title. Confidence is a good thing, arrogance just gains you enemys...big difference.[/quote]

Not all, and are you sure you aren''t getting arrogance and confidence muddled up?  I''m confident, and proud of the team and manager, that doesn''t make me arrogant

[/quote]Finally a voice of reason speaks lol.

I remember it Arthur. Personally I couldn''t care less what fans of other clubs or neutrals think about me or my club.We had a "fun day out" in the Prem where most people "liked Norwich", then over 4 years of horribly steep decline with largely the same mindset.After all that... now that we''re harder, more resilient and actually making something of our great club, I hardly blame people for getting their pecker up. It adds spice to not only our team and our players, but the entire Football League actually.We''re quickly becoming a hard-nosed villain that gets results. It''s the new direction for this club, it''s working, so it''s time YOU and anyone else pining for "everyone''s second team" caught up, sharpish.

No WAY49 i mean arrogance, such as refering to other teams in our league as tin pot clubs, thats not confidence its arrogance, leave that sort of crap to the likes of leeds, wolves, man utd etc....we all know how much they are loved dont we??? How annoyed were people getting with spain boy coming on here mouthing off.....now certain people are behaving the same way as him.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Finally a voice of reason speaks lol.
[/quote]

Thing is confidence is often mistaken with arrogance, and they are two totally different things.  I wonder if we were all to sit and slag the team off for doing so well those who are offended by our ''''confidence'''' would be happier, or would they still be moaning hahahaha

What are you on about Fernando Dervald? Im not talking about that one season in the premiership,l im talking about when we weere a top flight team, not just on a one season holiday there.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]No WAY49 i mean arrogance, such as refering to other teams in our league as tin pot clubs, thats not confidence its arrogance, leave that sort of crap to the likes of leeds, wolves, man utd etc....we all know how much they are loved dont we??? How annoyed were people getting with spain boy coming on here mouthing off.....now certain people are behaving the same way as him.[/quote]

I guess some fans are just fed up of other fans coming on here slating our club in whatever way that gets put accross.

People will behave how they want, it''s what happens these days.

So some people come accross as arrogant, personally I don''t care, it''s how I conduct myself that matters to me. [;)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Finally a voice of reason speaks lol.[/quote]

Thing is confidence is often mistaken with arrogance, and they are two totally different things.  I wonder if we were all to sit and slag the team off for doing so well those who are offended by our ''''confidence'''' would be happier, or would they still be moaning hahahaha

[/quote]Lol, wise words!

Look if people took the time to actually read the original post i said confidence is a good thing, but arrogance is not and they are 2 very diffferent things.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Look if people took the time to actually read the original post i said confidence is a good thing, but arrogance is not and they are 2 very diffferent things.[/quote]Just call them cocks if they have an opinion that differs from you.[;)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Errrrr Im a season ticket holder pal, 72 years old and been supporting since when we were in the division 3 south, i think over the years ive learned to respect teams, and NCFC fans are becoming arrogant. Ok then so your point of view is we are a big club, will you say the same if we get promoted? Will you still say we are a big club if we get promoted to the premiership?[/quote]

Perhaps if you bothered to read my post you will see that I stated ''a big club in this division''. You might also ask someone to explain to you the difference between a club and a team. As to me being your pal I can assure you that I am certainly not that nor would ever wish to be.

Happy to be proud of OUR club and happy to say it.

Ok then what about this for an example.

After NCFC won the 1st leg 2-1 against bayern munich, Lothar Mathheus said at the news conference...."we deserve to be in the next round, as we are a bigger club".

Now is that arrogance or confidence, because at the time the whole of norfolk went nuts at Lothar and called him an arrogant german cunt!!!

Any of you still confused??? Ah bless.

[quote user="Mook"]Couldn''t agree more, Arthur. A Superiority complex is about the last thing we need at this low point in our history.

It''s funny, in our "Glory Years" (when we actually had reason to be arrogant) we were never, ever like this. Perhaps it''s just a poor reflection on the modern football fan, or maybe people have forgotten what endeared Norwich to the rest of the England as everyone''s "second" team back in the day.
[/quote]

Heaven forbid..... but this is exactly how I see it too......

(Normal Service will be resumed etc. etc.)

I don''t know these fans getting all arrogant and uppity - they''ll be telling people how to run their own football clubs next, and organising marches against the owners.Er, actually, wasn''t that you a couple of seasons ago Arthur ?

[quote user="morty"]Since you never answered my posts in the other thread I expect you to carry on in the same vein in this one.

[/quote]

No offence Morty but its difficult for anyone to reply to all your posts as you''re on here all day and every night posting.

Example of the arrogance taken from Leeds board waccoe........  Scum v Leeds Tie of the round and tv game

Spurs v leeds Tie of the round and tv game

Only a league one team and not famous anymore - yes we know that !!

if the Sheffield clubs, Norwich, Derby to name a few had drawn these clubs in the FA Cup early rounds would it have been on TV and billed the tie of the round ?

All Tinpot and not worth a w*** in my view.......  I so hope they blow promotion!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Since you never answered my posts in the other thread I expect you to carry on in the same vein in this one.

[/quote]

No offence Morty but its difficult for anyone to reply to all your posts as you''re on here all day and every night posting.

[/quote]Corr CA, an active forum poster? Damn him, Damn him to hell....[:S]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Ok then what about this for an example.

After NCFC won the 1st leg 2-1 against bayern munich, Lothar Mathheus said at the news conference...."we deserve to be in the next round, as we are a bigger club".

Now is that arrogance or confidence, because at the time the whole of norfolk went nuts at Lothar and called him an arrogant german cunt!!!

Any of you still confused??? Ah bless.[/quote]

No thats just being german full stop.

Being disrespectful to other clubs in our league and their fans.awww are those ickle wickle clubby wubbys upset aww blessss

"Being disrespectful to other clubs in our league and their fans.

awww are those ickle wickle clubby wubbys upset aww blessss"

hahaha! :D

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]No offence taken, but I am perfectly able to manage my time myself.[:)]

Great isn''t it. Nothing to bitch about on the pitch anymore, so we start having a go at each other.

I sometimes think some people just come on these boards for an argument.

Roll on on next season when we are in the same division as Ipshite, and have a common enemy again.

[quote user="marchisio"]Being disrespectful to other clubs in our league and their fans.awww are those ickle wickle clubby wubbys upset aww blessss[/quote]

No, I think it''s just Arthur Whittle who isn''t enjoying our success. Or our fans celebrating it either.

For what it''s worth, I think it''s that other fan''s seem to have a chip on their shoulder more than our fan''s being arrogant.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Corr CA, an active forum poster? Damn him, Damn him to hell....[:S]
[/quote]

Was just trying to explain to him why some of his posts aren''t replied to, that was all.

Oh I see, because results are going well on the pitch we can mouth off like idiots........oh the irony...what was this thread about again...how ironic those replying to it are confirming my post. Laughable.

Of course im glad we are winning, but you lot have the nerve to call Leeds fans arrogant, and Wolves fans arrogant last season and now you behaviour is exactly the same..what a joke some of you are.

So do you think at 72 ive spent all these years watching Norwich, wanting them to lose? You must be thicker than I thought.

Im not going to moan about the team, we are winning, but that winning is breeding an arrogance among city fans that has never existed in all my life....those of you who cant see it are either too young, live in a bubble or.....just arrogant.

Shame we have fans who seem to want us to become the most hated fans in the league...sorry state for our club.

Jesus you couldnt make it up.

You strike me as the sort of fans who wind up the opposition fans for 90 minutes, giving it "the big un" as some might say from the safety of your seat, then after the game if it kicks off you are quick to judge those involved as hooligans and see no wrong doing on your behalf., but those involved are hooligans and scum of the earth. Most of you are nothing more than internet warriors hiding behind a keypad. My name is here for all to see and if you wish to discuss further i will be in The Coachmakers on St Stephens from 7pm if you wish to have an adult discussion....I very much doubt anyone will come, to busy making empty threats and abuse from the safety of mummy and daddys computer.