Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Why Have City Fans Become So Arrogant?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="morty"]Yes, you do have it wrong. My personal life is none of your, or anyones business here so its unlikely I''d mention it.

[/quote]

Someone did mention it in another post recently

[/quote]

Well seeing as I don''t know anyone personally on this board, it is unlikely that anyone would know anything of my personal life lol.

[/quote]

Pink un message board celebrity gossip. There''ll be cameramen on your doorstep tomorrow.

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="morty"]Yes, you do have it wrong. My personal life is none of your, or anyones business here so its unlikely I''d mention it.

[/quote]

Someone did mention it in another post recently

[/quote]Well seeing as I don''t know anyone personally on this board, it is unlikely that anyone would know anything of my personal life lol.

[/quote]

Pink un message board celebrity gossip. There''ll be cameramen on your doorstep tomorrow.

[/quote]As long as its not Cam lol.

Ah, I''ve just remembered - you whinged about the price of season tickets in some thread, and mentioned how it would be difficult to fund yours and your two kids tickets because you were a lone parent.

[quote user="Shyster"]Ah, I''ve just remembered - you whinged about the price of season tickets in some thread, and mentioned how it would be difficult to fund yours and your two kids tickets because you were a lone parent.[/quote]Nope, wrong again.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"]Ah, I''ve just remembered - you whinged about the price of season tickets in some thread, and mentioned how it would be difficult to fund yours and your two kids tickets because you were a lone parent.[/quote]Nope, wrong again.[/quote]

Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"]Ah, I''ve just remembered - you whinged about the price of season tickets in some thread, and mentioned how it would be difficult to fund yours and your two kids tickets because you were a lone parent.[/quote]Nope, wrong again.[/quote]

I can''t be bothered to trawl through the search function just now, but find it I will, and I''ll post it on this thread in an attempt to jolt your fading memory. [:P]I reckon you''d be better off actively seek employment than spend all your time here whinging about the price of season tickets.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"]Ah, I''ve just remembered - you whinged about the price of season tickets in some thread, and mentioned how it would be difficult to fund yours and your two kids tickets because you were a lone parent.[/quote]Nope, wrong again.[/quote]

I can''t be bothered to trawl through the search function just now, but find it I will, and I''ll post it on this thread in an attempt to jolt your fading memory. [:P]I reckon you''d be better off actively seek employment than spend all your time here whinging about the price of season tickets.[/quote]You are wrong, admit it.What I actually said was that my company folded just before Christmas so would have to think carefully about how much I spend in the short term.And thank you for your concern regarding seeking employment lol.[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"]Ah, I''ve just remembered - you whinged about the price of season tickets in some thread, and mentioned how it would be difficult to fund yours and your two kids tickets because you were a lone parent.[/quote]Nope, wrong again.[/quote]

I can''t be bothered to trawl through the search function just now, but find it I will, and I''ll post it on this thread in an attempt to jolt your fading memory. [:P]I reckon you''d be better off actively seek employment than spend all your time here whinging about the price of season tickets.[/quote]You are wrong, admit it.What I actually said was that my company folded just before Christmas so would have to think carefully about how much I spend in the short term.And thank you for your concern regarding seeking employment lol.[Y]

[/quote]

No, I''m not wrong - I know what I read and it''s written down in my dossier.Can you cook? Fancy training as a chef?

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"]Ah, I''ve just remembered - you whinged about the price of season tickets in some thread, and mentioned how it would be difficult to fund yours and your two kids tickets because you were a lone parent.[/quote]Nope, wrong again.[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I''m not wrong - I know what I read and it''s written down in my dossier.Can you cook? Fancy training as a chef?[/quote]I am a good cook as it happens, pay me 35k+ and I''ll happily have some of that action.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"]Ah, I''ve just remembered - you whinged about the price of season tickets in some thread, and mentioned how it would be difficult to fund yours and your two kids tickets because you were a lone parent.[/quote]Nope, wrong again.[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I''m not wrong - I know what I read and it''s written down in my dossier.Can you cook? Fancy training as a chef?[/quote]I am a good cook as it happens, pay me 35k+ and I''ll happily have some of that action.[/quote]

35 grand for a trainee chef!End of interview.

[quote user="morty"]I can''t take a wage cut, I have a champagne lifestyle to maintain![/quote]

Pft. Babycham more like. [:D]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]I can''t take a wage cut, I have a champagne lifestyle to maintain![/quote]

Pft. Babycham more like. [:D][/quote]No way man, I stocked up when all the supermarkets had offers on at Crimbo.I don''t think I have ever tasted Babycham, though I may make it my business to try it, maybe during the day, while watching Jezza Kyle.

[quote user="Twitchy"]It''s gonna be a fight or a wedding lads, and I''m up for both, so is it tear up or a knees up?[/quote]He''s not really my type if I''m honest.But then as an unemployed lone parent I guess I can''t be choosy.

[quote user="Twitchy"]It''s gonna be a fight or a wedding lads, and I''m up for both, so is it tear up or a knees up?[/quote]

No fights or weddings required, Twitchy.morty rose to the occasion, then became subdued enough to hold himself well.His Jezza Kyle comment made me chortle. [:D]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Nutty im not saying any fan no matter how long they have followed the club has a more important opinion, but read through the message board lately and see the arrogance. I was just comparing it to how we used to be percieved, we were well liked wherever we went and succesfull to boot, people cant seem to get this through there heads and seem to think im the one with a problem, yet this just illistrates the arrogance of this era.[/quote]

I''ve been reading through thinking of how to diplomatically disagree with you, AW, but this post finally cleared up your message and I get it now. I''ve been around enough to have experienced the affection other teams have (or had as you seem to think it no longer exists) for Norwich, which always took me a bit by surprise.  Nobody over here knows a thing about NCFC, but when I''ve been in England talking to people in different places, and football comes up, there was always a much greater recognition of the team, players and club in general than I expect, and it always made me quite pleased. 

However, I am not aware at all of this attitude towards NCFC having changed.  Are you saying this decline in respect has been going on for years, or are you just referring to what is happening this season?  Truth be told, we are a massive team for Div 3, and a big team for Div 2.  It''s hard to be humble in Div 3 when it''s the first successful season in 5 or 6 years and the competition is highly unlikely to amount to much in most cases, but that does not mean we should be disrespectful to them if they are decent clubs.  Of course Yeovil don''t have 25,000 fans at their games, but if they do well enough within their millieu, then good for them.  That''s no reason to dump on them or their fans.  I find it quite fascinating that those sorts of clubs get the thousands of loyal fans they do when there are always much bigger teams with a realistic chance of making it to the Prem at least once in a while not too far away. [Y] Just so long as they don''t fluke out a win against us! [:)] If they do manage to beat one of the 2 or 3 OTHER massive-for-this-Division clubs, then let them have their day in the sun.

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]Ok Morty, I wasnt going to reply to this for reasons already stated but can you honestly say you and others havent been trying to get a reaction out of Arthur today? Your advice doesnt really make sense Morty, and its simular to the childish game you and Whittle and others have been playing today, sorry but I dont play games Morty, im 42 with 3 kids, bit old for that dont you think. How am I to follow your advice of if I dont like it dont read it? Its not rocket science but you dont know you are not going to like something unless you have read it. Like I said I posted in peace and dont want to get involved with all this petty rubbish, just pointing out that you and Sir_Stiffy_Cutt and others have been as childish as each other. Its there in black and white for all to read. No offence intended just drawing a conclusion from what I have read from all of you today. That is me done with this thread, happy posting. OTBC!!!!![/quote]

Actually, it''s there in black and pink.[:)]

"Are you saying this decline in respect has been going on for years" Houston Canary.

No im not saying that i never have, if you read the thread properly, you will see I said arrogance has started on this forum recently, in the same way spainboy and w8wba behaved, and we called them arrogant.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]"Are you saying this decline in respect has been going on for years" Houston Canary.

No im not saying that i never have, if you read the thread properly, you will see I said arrogance has started on this forum recently, in the same way spainboy and w8wba behaved, and we called them arrogant.[/quote]The difference though is that they are fans of rival teams who are coming here and gobbing off. If anyone goes to rival teams message boards proclaiming their team superior then their arrogance is going to be met with similar behavior. Think of it as an away fan sitting in our home end telling us that our team is crap if you will.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Morty, i heard it all went tits up after you left Magaluf? ;)[/quote]You have lost me with that one.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Didnt Wiz and others go on the Col U forums?[/quote]Yes Wiz does.And he''s a muppet.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Skijumptoes"]Morty, i heard it all went tits up after you left Magaluf? ;)[/quote]You have lost me with that one.[/quote]

The year you went to Ireland, when things started to get a bit... urm... uncomfortable, shall we say?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Why are people sticking there noses into Mortys private life? Its nobodys business but his, I think thats going too far.[/quote]Just a bit of banter, I give it out and I take it, its how it works.[:)]