Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Why Have City Fans Become So Arrogant?

I notice the more respected intelligent posters see where im coming from, i also notice that the usual childish ones can only resort to crap like "arthur whittle doesnt go to games".

Like ive already said I will be in The Coachmakers from around 7pm so feel free to pop in, have a look at my season ticket and a chat about this in a more adult enviroment.

HA HA I''ve just read the Brentford ticket thread and now realise what prompted this thread. Doesn''t really alter anything, the points are still the same.

Now leaving the house with Doris, logging off....anyone who doubts my support is wlecome for a drink with me and the good lady tonight, we shall be in The Coachmakers shortly if you care to join us xxx

Good on you Arthur and well done for sticking to your guns. The reason I don''t use this board much is that when anyone offers an opinion i.e. "white" many will come back with "black" just to be awkward or politically correct.

[quote user="Hard Cell"]Good on you Arthur and well done for sticking to your guns. The reason I don''t use this board much is that when anyone offers an opinion i.e. "white" many will come back with "black" just to be awkward or politically correct.[/quote]Eeeeeh, the interweb aint like it used to be, I remember when this message board was all just fields.People come to places like this to discuss things, and there will be differing opinions, thats how life is.Anyone who comes here with an opinion and starts getting abusive when someone else has a different one is nothing but arrogant.[:)]

Good on you Arthur and well done for sticking to your guns. The reason I don''t use this board much is that when anyone offers an opinion i.e. "white" many will come back with "black" just to be awkward or politically correct.

Yes, how dare people challenge a post on here. Anyone would think it was a forum.

At last someone has said what ive been thinking Arthur. I thought its was just me. 50-50 agree with you about the Brentford ticket situation, but understand where you are coming from on this thread. Ignore the petty remarks, im sure its water off a ducks back to you by now.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Lambo"]The thing that really annoys me with City fans this season is how they can dish out stuff but not take it back,Charlton at home, Barclay Block E gobbing off at Jonjo Shelvey, he then holds up his fingers in a 1-0 gesture, City fans get outraged saying it''s unproffesional etc etc. Fast forward a few months, Colchester away, "Lambert, whats the score? lambert Lambert whats the score?" Paul obliges by holding up 4 fingers... City fans revell in the moment.

Now I loved PL''s behaviour during that game, but those fans that were wanting him to do that were probably the same ones flipping out because of Jonjo Shevly''s behaviour.[/quote]

no point taking the moral high ground! this is football and why we love it! we are top 2 and yes we are a big, for flips sake we have 25000 every week for league 1!!! so if want to shot about it i will! its been to long in coming and if we fall ill shut up![/quote]

... well done on completely missing my point mate lol.

I was talking about fans being able to dish out insults and chants and not take it back.

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]At last someone has said what ive been thinking Arthur. I thought its was just me. 50-50 agree with you about the Brentford ticket situation, but understand where you are coming from on this thread. Ignore the petty remarks, im sure its water off a ducks back to you by now.[/quote]So explain your point to view on the Brentford ticket situation then.I don''t see how Norwich City have done anything wrong.Do you think we''re better leaving seats empty just in case someone wants to turn up on the day, and risk losing money?

It certainly won''t be Arthur Whittle turning up on the day, or any other day.

I wouldn''t expect any reasoned argument in defense of the Brentford season tickets from those who subscribe to the idea that the club and it''s fans are wrong.

My point of view on the Brentford situation is this. Brentford had a cup tie, they didnt know who they were playing untill tuesday night, as a fan I wouldnt make plans to go to a game untill I knew who I was playing.

I don''t think we''re wrong with regards to the ticket situation, far from it, we asked them how many of the 2000 Tickets we have to allocate for them they''d like and they chose 900, they then at short notice (not exactly through their own fault either seeing as we didn''t know we''d be playing eachother til Tuesday night) by which time was too late as we''d sold the rest of the allocation they declined.

What did bug me was people then going round calling Brentford a "Tin pot" club because they''re fans felt we''d shafted them, was un-needed and smacked of arrogence to me. Hence why I can see Arthur''s point with this topic, especially reading the BBC 606 messageboards recently too.

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]My point of view on the Brentford situation is this. Brentford had a cup tie, they didnt know who they were playing untill tuesday night, as a fan I wouldnt make plans to go to a game untill I knew who I was playing.[/quote]That is indeed a fair point.

I rarely post on here for reasons like how this debate has just been turned from a debate into feeble insults, I would like to know one thing - why are you so obsessed with Whittle? I dont often agree with him or many other people on here, thats why I dont post on here much. its all a bit too childish for me, but ive never understood why a lot of you jump on everything he says, along with Smudger, First Wizard, Cluck etc etc. Surely if you dont like the person or are getting nowhere with a counter argument its best just to leave it be is it not?

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]I rarely post on here for reasons like how this debate has just been turned from a debate into feeble insults, I would like to know one thing - why are you so obsessed with Whittle? I dont often agree with him or many other people on here, thats why I dont post on here much. its all a bit too childish for me, but ive never understood why a lot of you jump on everything he says, along with Smudger, First Wizard, Cluck etc etc. Surely if you dont like the person or are getting nowhere with a counter argument its best just to leave it be is it not?[/quote]

I think it''s just down to arrogance.

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]I rarely post on here for reasons like how this debate has just been turned from a debate into feeble insults, I would like to know one thing - why are you so obsessed with Whittle? I dont often agree with him or many other people on here, thats why I dont post on here much. its all a bit too childish for me, but ive never understood why a lot of you jump on everything he says, along with Smudger, First Wizard, Cluck etc etc. Surely if you dont like the person or are getting nowhere with a counter argument its best just to leave it be is it not?[/quote]If you are posting to me, which I shall assume you are, then I am not obsessed with him.He put across his opinion in the Brentford ticket thread, I had a different opinion. He decided to lower things to childish level by pointing out a punctuation error on my part, I called him a pedant and he responded by calling me a cock.He then started his thread about arrogant fans, again counter views to his were offered and he has responded by insulting people, ironically branding people "keyboard warriors"The idea of message boards is usually reasoned debate, in a fairly adult manner, people will disagree, if we all agreed then the place would be boring in the extreme.And if you do nothing but post when you agree with someone then you are not really offering your opinion, are you?

It wasnt aimed at just you Morty, pink un posters in general to be honest. To be frank Morty I think Arthur has said some daft things on this thread, but having said that others including yourself havent helped the situation. Sort of the reason I dont get involved and just browse. I think all of you and Arthur have been as bad as each other. I see it all the time on here be it Wizard or Arthur or smudger, everyone is quick comment about that persons attitude but then go on to act in the same way. Just saying what I see, I come peace. Thats my lot.

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]It wasnt aimed at just you Morty, pink un posters in general to be honest. To be frank Morty I think Arthur has said some daft things on this thread, but having said that others including yourself havent helped the situation. Sort of the reason I dont get involved and just browse. I think all of you and Arthur have been as bad as each other. I see it all the time on here be it Wizard or Arthur or smudger, everyone is quick comment about that persons attitude but then go on to act in the same way. Just saying what I see, I come peace. Thats my lot.[/quote]Well my advice is, if you don''t like it, don''t read it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Marlingford Canary"]It wasnt aimed at just you Morty, pink un posters in general to be honest. To be frank Morty I think Arthur has said some daft things on this thread, but having said that others including yourself havent helped the situation. Sort of the reason I dont get involved and just browse. I think all of you and Arthur have been as bad as each other. I see it all the time on here be it Wizard or Arthur or smudger, everyone is quick comment about that persons attitude but then go on to act in the same way. Just saying what I see, I come peace. Thats my lot.[/quote]

Well my advice is, if you don''t like it, don''t read it.
[/quote]

How do know you don''t like it until you''ve read it.

A man walks into an office. Man: Good morning, I''d like to have an argument, please. Receptionist: Certainly, sir.  Have you been here before? Man: No, this is my first time. Receptionist: I see, well we''ll see who''s free at the moment.               Mr. Bakely''s free, but he''s a little bit concilliatory.  No.               Try Mr. Barnhart, room 12. Man: Thank you.  He enters room 12.  Angry man: WHADDAYOU WANT? Man: Well, Well, I was told outside that... Angry man: DON''T GIVE ME THAT, YOU SNOTTY-FACED EVIL PAN OF DROPPINGS! Man: What? A: SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB, YOU TIT!  YOUR TYPE MAKES ME PUKE!  YOU VACUOUS    STUFFY-NOSED MALODOROUS PERVERT!!! M: Yes, but I came here for an argument!! A: OH!  Oh!  I''m sorry!  This is abuse! M: Oh!  Oh I see! A: Aha!  No, you want room 12A, next door. M: Oh...Sorry... A: Not at all! A: (under his breath) stupid git.  The man goes into room 12A.  Another man is sitting behind a desk.  Man: Is this the right room for an argument? Other Man:(pause) I''ve told you once. Man:  No you haven''t! Other Man: Yes I have. M: When? O: Just now. M: No you didn''t! O: Yes I did! M: You didn''t! O: I did! M: You didn''t! O: I''m telling you, I did! M: You didn''t! O: Oh I''m sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour? M: Ah!  (taking out his wallet and paying) Just the five minutes. O: Just the five minutes.  Thank you. O: Anyway, I did. M: You most certainly did not! O: Now let''s get one thing perfectly clear: I most definitely told you! M: Oh no you didn''t! O: Oh yes I did! M: Oh no you didn''t! O: Oh yes I did! M: Oh no you didn''t! O: Oh yes I did! M: Oh no you didn''t! O: Oh yes I did! M: Oh no you didn''t! O: Oh yes I did! M: Oh no you didn''t! O: Oh yes I did! M: No you DIDN''T! O: Oh yes I did! M: No you DIDN''T! O: Oh yes I did! M: No you DIDN''T! O: Oh yes I did! M: Oh look, this isn''t an argument!  (pause)  O: Yes it is! M: No it isn''t!  (pause)  M: It''s just contradiction! O: No it isn''t! M: It IS! O: It is NOT! M: You just contradicted me! O: No I didn''t! M: You DID! O: No no no! M: You did just then! O: Nonsense! M: (exasperated) Oh, this is futile!!    (pause) O: No it isn''t! M: Yes it is!    (pause) M: I came here for a good argument! O: AH, no you didn''t, you came here for an argument! M: An argument isn''t just contradiction. O: Well!  it CAN be! M: No it can''t! M: An argument is a connected series of statement intended to establish a    proposition. O: No it isn''t! M: Yes it is!  ''tisn''t just contradiction. O: Look, if I *argue* with you, I must take up a contrary position! M: Yes but it isn''t just saying "no it isn''t". O: Yes it is! M: No it isn''t! O: Yes it is! M: No it isn''t! O: Yes it is! M: No it ISN''T!  Argument is an intellectual process.  Contradiction is just    the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says. O: It is NOT! M: It is! O: Not at all! M: It is!  The Arguer hits a bell on his desk and stops.  O: Thank you, that''s it. M: (stunned) What? O: That''s it.  Good morning. M: But I was just getting interested! O: I''m sorry, the five minutes is up. M: That was never five minutes!! O: I''m afraid it was. M: (leading on)  No it wasn''t..... O: I''m sorry, I''m not allowed to argue any more. M: WHAT?? O: If you want me to go on arguing, you''ll have to pay for another five    minutes. M: But that was never five minutes just now!    Oh Come on!    Oh this is...    This is ridiculous! O: I told you...    I told you, I''m not allowed to argue unless you PAY! M: Oh all right.  (takes out his wallet and pays again.)  There you are. O: Thank you. M: (clears throat) Well... O: Well WHAT? M: That was never five minutes just now. O: I told you, I''m not allowed to argue unless you''ve paid! M: Well I just paid! O: No you didn''t! M: I DID!!! O: YOU didn''t! M: I DID!!! O: YOU didn''t! M: I DID!!! O: YOU didn''t! M: I DID!!! O: YOU didn''t! M: I-dbct-fd-tq! I don''t want to argue about it! O: Well I''m very sorry but you didn''t pay! M: Ah hah!  Well if I didn''t pay, why are you arguing???  Ah HAAAAAAHHH!    Gotcha! O: No you haven''t! M: Yes I have!    If you''re arguing, I must have paid. O: Not necessarily.    I *could* be arguing in my spare time. M: I''ve had enough of this!O: No you haven''t.  (door slam)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Marlingford Canary"]It wasnt aimed at just you Morty, pink un posters in general to be honest. To be frank Morty I think Arthur has said some daft things on this thread, but having said that others including yourself havent helped the situation. Sort of the reason I dont get involved and just browse. I think all of you and Arthur have been as bad as each other. I see it all the time on here be it Wizard or Arthur or smudger, everyone is quick comment about that persons attitude but then go on to act in the same way. Just saying what I see, I come peace. Thats my lot.[/quote]

Well my advice is, if you don''t like it, don''t read it.
[/quote]

How do you know you don''t like until you''ve read it.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
A man walks into an office.

Man: Good morning, I''d like to have an argument, please.
Receptionist: Certainly, sir. Have you been here before?
Man: No, this is my first time.
Receptionist: I see, well we''ll see who''s free at the moment.
Mr. Bakely''s free, but he''s a little bit concilliatory. No.
Try Mr. Barnhart, room 12.
Man: Thank you.

He enters room 12.

Angry man: WHADDAYOU WANT?
Man: Well, Well, I was told outside that...
Angry man: DON''T GIVE ME THAT, YOU SNOTTY-FACED EVIL PAN OF DROPPINGS!
Man: What?
A: SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB, YOU TIT! YOUR TYPE MAKES ME PUKE! YOU VACUOUS
STUFFY-NOSED MALODOROUS PERVERT!!!
M: Yes, but I came here for an argument!!
A: OH! Oh! I''m sorry! This is abuse!
M: Oh! Oh I see!
A: Aha! No, you want room 12A, next door.
M: Oh...Sorry...
A: Not at all!
A: (under his breath) stupid git.

The man goes into room 12A. Another man is sitting behind a desk.

Man: Is this the right room for an argument?
Other Man:(pause) I''ve told you once.
Man: No you haven''t!
Other Man: Yes I have.
M: When?
O: Just now.
M: No you didn''t!
O: Yes I did!
M: You didn''t!
O: I did!
O: I''m telling you, I did!
O: Oh I''m sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?
M: Ah! (taking out his wallet and paying) Just the five minutes.
O: Just the five minutes. Thank you.
O: Anyway, I did.
M: You most certainly did not!
O: Now let''s get one thing perfectly clear: I most definitely told you!
M: Oh no you didn''t!
O: Oh yes I did!
M: No you DIDN''T!
M: Oh look, this isn''t an argument!

(pause)

O: Yes it is!
M: No it isn''t!

(pause)

M: It''s just contradiction!
O: No it isn''t!
M: It IS!
O: It is NOT!
M: You just contradicted me!
O: No I didn''t!
M: You DID!
O: No no no!
M: You did just then!
O: Nonsense!
M: (exasperated) Oh, this is futile!!
(pause)
M: Yes it is!
(pause)
M: I came here for a good argument!
O: AH, no you didn''t, you came here for an argument!
M: An argument isn''t just contradiction.
O: Well! it CAN be!
M: No it can''t!
M: An argument is a connected series of statement intended to establish a
proposition.
M: Yes it is! ''tisn''t just contradiction.
O: Look, if I *argue* with you, I must take up a contrary position!
M: Yes but it isn''t just saying "no it isn''t".
M: No it ISN''T! Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just
the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.
M: It is!
O: Not at all!

The Arguer hits a bell on his desk and stops.

O: Thank you, that''s it.
M: (stunned) What?
O: That''s it. Good morning.
M: But I was just getting interested!
O: I''m sorry, the five minutes is up.
M: That was never five minutes!!
O: I''m afraid it was.
M: (leading on) No it wasn''t.....
O: I''m sorry, I''m not allowed to argue any more.
M: WHAT??
O: If you want me to go on arguing, you''ll have to pay for another five
minutes.
M: But that was never five minutes just now!
Oh Come on!
Oh this is...
This is ridiculous!
O: I told you...
I told you, I''m not allowed to argue unless you PAY!
M: Oh all right. (takes out his wallet and pays again.) There you are.
O: Thank you.
M: (clears throat) Well...
O: Well WHAT?
M: That was never five minutes just now.
O: I told you, I''m not allowed to argue unless you''ve paid!
M: Well I just paid!
O: No you didn''t!
M: I DID!!!
O: YOU didn''t!
M: I-dbct-fd-tq! I don''t want to argue about it!
O: Well I''m very sorry but you didn''t pay!
M: Ah hah! Well if I didn''t pay, why are you arguing??? Ah HAAAAAAHHH!
Gotcha!
O: No you haven''t!
M: Yes I have!
If you''re arguing, I must have paid.
O: Not necessarily.
I *could* be arguing in my spare time.
M: I''ve had enough of this!
O: No you haven''t.
(door slam)

[/quote]

Thanks Ron, I was sitting thinking how do I  write a comment on this lot, then I saw yours and and felt it said it all. 

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="ron obvious"]
A man walks into an office.

Man: Good morning, I''d like to have an argument, please.
Receptionist: Certainly, sir. Have you been here before?
Man: No, this is my first time.
Receptionist: I see, well we''ll see who''s free at the moment.
Mr. Bakely''s free, but he''s a little bit concilliatory. No.
Try Mr. Barnhart, room 12.
Man: Thank you.

He enters room 12.

Angry man: WHADDAYOU WANT?
Man: Well, Well, I was told outside that...
Angry man: DON''T GIVE ME THAT, YOU SNOTTY-FACED EVIL PAN OF DROPPINGS!
Man: What?
A: SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB, YOU TIT! YOUR TYPE MAKES ME PUKE! YOU VACUOUS
STUFFY-NOSED MALODOROUS PERVERT!!!
M: Yes, but I came here for an argument!!
A: OH! Oh! I''m sorry! This is abuse!
M: Oh! Oh I see!
A: Aha! No, you want room 12A, next door.
M: Oh...Sorry...
A: Not at all!
A: (under his breath) stupid git.

The man goes into room 12A. Another man is sitting behind a desk.

Man: Is this the right room for an argument?
Other Man:(pause) I''ve told you once.
Man: No you haven''t!
Other Man: Yes I have.
M: When?
O: Just now.
M: No you didn''t!
O: Yes I did!
O: I did!
O: I''m telling you, I did!
O: Oh I''m sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?
M: Ah! (taking out his wallet and paying) Just the five minutes.
O: Just the five minutes. Thank you.
O: Anyway, I did.
M: You most certainly did not!
O: Now let''s get one thing perfectly clear: I most definitely told you!
M: Oh look, this isn''t an argument!

(pause)

(pause)

M: It''s just contradiction!
M: It IS!
M: You just contradicted me!
O: No I didn''t!
M: You DID!
O: No no no!
M: You did just then!
O: Nonsense!
M: (exasperated) Oh, this is futile!!
(pause)
M: Yes it is!
(pause)
M: I came here for a good argument!
O: AH, no you didn''t, you came here for an argument!
M: An argument isn''t just contradiction.
O: Well! it CAN be!
M: No it can''t!
M: An argument is a connected series of statement intended to establish a
proposition.
M: Yes it is! ''tisn''t just contradiction.
O: Look, if I *argue* with you, I must take up a contrary position!
M: Yes but it isn''t just saying "no it isn''t".
M: No it ISN''T! Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just
the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.
O: Not at all!

The Arguer hits a bell on his desk and stops.

O: Thank you, that''s it.
M: (stunned) What?
O: That''s it. Good morning.
M: But I was just getting interested!
O: I''m sorry, the five minutes is up.
M: That was never five minutes!!
O: I''m afraid it was.
M: (leading on) No it wasn''t.....
O: I''m sorry, I''m not allowed to argue any more.
M: WHAT??
O: If you want me to go on arguing, you''ll have to pay for another five
minutes.
M: But that was never five minutes just now!
Oh Come on!
Oh this is...
This is ridiculous!
O: I told you...
I told you, I''m not allowed to argue unless you PAY!
M: Oh all right. (takes out his wallet and pays again.) There you are.
O: Thank you.
M: (clears throat) Well...
O: Well WHAT?
M: That was never five minutes just now.
O: I told you, I''m not allowed to argue unless you''ve paid!
M: Well I just paid!
O: No you didn''t!
M: I-dbct-fd-tq! I don''t want to argue about it!
O: Well I''m very sorry but you didn''t pay!
M: Ah hah! Well if I didn''t pay, why are you arguing??? Ah HAAAAAAHHH!
Gotcha!
O: No you haven''t!
M: Yes I have!
If you''re arguing, I must have paid.
O: Not necessarily.
I *could* be arguing in my spare time.
M: I''ve had enough of this!
O: No you haven''t.
(door slam)

[/quote]

Thanks Ron, I was sitting thinking how do I  write a comment on this lot, then I saw yours and and felt it said it all. 

[/quote]

and more

Ok Morty, I wasnt going to reply to this for reasons already stated but can you honestly say you and others havent been trying to get a reaction out of Arthur today? Your advice doesnt really make sense Morty, and its simular to the childish game you and Whittle and others have been playing today, sorry but I dont play games Morty, im 42 with 3 kids, bit old for that dont you think. How am I to follow your advice of if I dont like it dont read it? Its not rocket science but you dont know you are not going to like something unless you have read it. Like I said I posted in peace and dont want to get involved with all this petty rubbish, just pointing out that you and Sir_Stiffy_Cutt and others have been as childish as each other. Its there in black and white for all to read. No offence intended just drawing a conclusion from what I have read from all of you today. That is me done with this thread, happy posting. OTBC!!!!!

I will just say, that is classic stuff from ron obvious, sums up this thread and one of my favourite scenes from Python. Nice one. that made me smile.

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]Ok Morty, I wasnt going to reply to this for reasons already stated but can you honestly say you and others havent been trying to get a reaction out of Arthur today? Your advice doesnt really make sense Morty, and its simular to the childish game you and Whittle and others have been playing today, sorry but I dont play games Morty, im 42 with 3 kids, bit old for that dont you think. How am I to follow your advice of if I dont like it dont read it? Its not rocket science but you dont know you are not going to like something unless you have read it. Like I said I posted in peace and dont want to get involved with all this petty rubbish, just pointing out that you and Sir_Stiffy_Cutt and others have been as childish as each other. Its there in black and white for all to read. No offence intended just drawing a conclusion from what I have read from all of you today. That is me done with this thread, happy posting. OTBC!!!!![/quote]Well we are the same age but you beat me by one kid!Yes, I freely admit to being extremely childish on here but all this stemmed from basically having a differing opinion to him, and if I''m honest he more than rose to the occasion!I don''t take any of this seriously in case you haven''t noticed.[:)]

Ok, I will come out for one last post. Fair play to you Morty for holding your hands up, wonder if Arthur and Sir_Stiffy_Cutt will do the same. Would be nice but I have my doubts, but I take my hat off to anyone who is grown up enough to hold their hands up. Fair play to you mate. Thumbs up. Best not to take things too serious on here, hence why im not a regular just a browser. Ron Obvious that has still got me chuckling mate.

OTBC!!!!!!!!