Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Why Have City Fans Become So Arrogant?

Since breaking into the top 2 Ive noticed a huge surge of arrogance from Norwich fans.

Refering to every team we play as a "tin pot club", reffering to us as a "big club".

Being disrespectful to other clubs in our league and their fans.

Its a side to Norwich fans ive never seen before and I dont like it one bit.

This is the sort of behaviour that turned most of the nation against Man Utd and their fans, as they used to look down their noses at every club and thought they could dictate to them.

What happens if we do go up, and say we play a club relegated from the Premiership like West Ham and they treated us the same? Would you like it....would you hell!!!

You never know, we might not get out of this "tin pot" league, and if we dont other clubs supporters will round on us just like they do Man Utd when they lose or miss out on the title.

Confidence is a good thing, arrogance just gains you enemys...big difference.

I still think that in general our fans are very decent and not arrogant at all as will be demonstrated to Brentford fans tomorrow.

i would agree however that there are a few on some messageboards who get a bit carried away when they percieve other clubs as criticising us and the use of the word tinpot is becoming too common. Many teams at this level have been for some time and probably always will be lower league clubs. They get small attendances but are well run clubs who serve the local community they are in well. Does not mean that they are tinpot (apart from Col Who).

Who are you and what have you done with the real Arthur Whittle? That makes at least twice I''ve agreed with you recently. Or have your nephews got hold of your password again?

Since you never answered my posts in teh other thread I expect you to carry on in the same vein in this one.Brentford branded us a "big" club in their whining attempt to garner sympathy about big nasty Norwich. They cocked up their ticketing, not really our problem, and if they want to play "Small club vs big club" then thats their lookout.It is exactly the same behaviour as Colchester.Look at Exeter, lovely fans, good club, they saw no need to gob off when they came here.Us, Leeds, Southampton and Charlton are all way too big for this league and it is mainly financial muppetry that has put us all here.The difference between confidence and arrogance is purely down to interpretation and opinion.I take it you would prefer us to be "Nice little Norwich" again then?

I think it is more a case that for the first time in years we have something to feel confident about.  I actually expect us to be able to pick three points up when I look at a fixture, even away from home.  That feeling takes over people sometimes and maybe comes across as arrogance (however with 11 wins out of 13 you could argue it is well placed arrogance!).

I dont think we have quite got the swagger of Man Utd fans yet Arthur but I do agree with the spirit of what you are saying as we do not want to go down that road.

Couldn''t agree more, Arthur. A Superiority complex is about the last thing we need at this low point in our history.It''s funny, in our "Glory Years" (when we actually had reason to be arrogant) we were never, ever like this. Perhaps it''s just a poor reflection on the modern football fan, or maybe people have forgotten what endeared Norwich to the rest of the England as everyone''s "second" team back in the day.

Morty, where is the question you wanted me to answer? Questions are normally followed by a question mark and there are none in your statement.

As for this Brentford thing, they have there say in what happened, Norwich have had ther say...now obviously being a city fan you are obliged to believe the city view, but if you sit back and think, how would you feel if the rolls were reversed if we played man utd, chelsea, Liverpool etc??? THATS A QUESTION MARK????

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Morty, where is the question you wanted me to answer? Questions are normally followed by a question mark and there are none in your statement.

As for this Brentford thing, they have there say in what happened, Norwich have had ther say...now obviously being a city fan you are obliged to believe the city view, but if you sit back and think, how would you feel if the rolls were reversed if we played man utd, chelsea, Liverpool etc??? THATS A QUESTION MARK????[/quote]Ooh punctuation criticism, thats me told. Just to continue the theme of pedantry your "rolls" should be "roles" by the way.So you have a "friend" who reckons that Brentford asked last Friday for more tickets, well frankly I believe the club version over your friend I''m afraid.When we play "bigger" teams I should imagine our club will request the allocation that we think we can sell, and if we ask for more 3 days before the match, through our own bad planning then I would expect they would say no. Its really not rocket science, Brentford cocked up, and they haven''t even sold all the tickets they originally requested anyway!

Arthur, I think you are totally missing the point. The first day of the season that shall not be named was a bit matter to us, and Colchester did very well at hyping up our clash with them. Point is, they happily rubbed it in our faces over the opening day, and re: the lambert stuff, and we go to their patch and thrash them 5-0. I must say, even you must have been over the moon at that.While, yes, I do agree some have been a bit over the top, it''s only fair we get a chance to celebrate and enjoy the occassion in the sweetest of circumstances. We have a strong headed guy at the helm, when a reporter asked him about 1st position he quickly responded with "you''re trying to put words into my mouth aren''t you?"And that''s the point, we still have a lot to do, we still have half a season to play out yet,  and everyone at the club knows this, and so do the fans. But after the last 3 years of downfall and defeat, why not let the fans enjoy the moment, ''eh, Whittle?

Morty I cant be arsed with, you, none of what you say is fact, its speculation that you have twisted as truth, well done. Did you belive everything Neil Doncaster said aswell??? Well done Morty, you have unintentionaly answered my question about NCFC fans becoming arrogant...thanks for letting me use your statement as an example of how Norwich fans have become arrogant...no seriously cheers.

AJ, I get your point, my point is there is nothing wrong with confidence, thats the best thing you can have, but when it boils over to arrogance as is whats happening, its a tad sad.

Arthur, I''m sure we will sadly lose at some point. But that''s it, a reality kick (and boy are Leeds getting theirs at the moment!), and as long as we get straight back to business it shouldn''t be a problem.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Morty I cant be arsed with, you, none of what you say is fact, its speculation that you have twisted as truth, well done. Did you belive everything Neil Doncaster said aswell??? Well done Morty, you have unintentionaly answered my question about NCFC fans becoming arrogant...thanks for letting me use your statement as an example of how Norwich fans have become arrogant...no seriously cheers.

AJ, I get your point, my point is there is nothing wrong with confidence, thats the best thing you can have, but when it boils over to arrogance as is whats happening, its a tad sad.[/quote]Ah the old "I can''t be arsed" line which really means "I don''t actually care for your opinion, I only really wanted to spout off mine"Have a nice day.[:)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Oh Morty Yawn....if thats what you think with your pea like brain then so be it, you are boring me now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.[/quote]Thank you for the infomed and intelligent debate.Soooooo sorry my opinions differ to yours.[:)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Oh Morty Yawn....if thats what you think with your pea like brain then so be it, you are boring me now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.[/quote]

Are you sure you haven''t metamorphosed into one of your nephews again, Arthur?

But we are a BIG CLUB. Visit most other clubs in this division and you will soon see. As to my good self I am proud of what we have achieved this season. I don''t doubt those west London chappies will think we are q big club when they take their seats in our 25,000 seater stadium with every seat taken.

You can sit in your home, whereever that might be, listening to your wireless and humbly doffing you cap and wringing your hands as any member of the lower orders is happy to do. The rest of us will be at Carrow Road enjoying our selves being a big club again. and happy to let everyone who cares know it.

Errrrr Im a season ticket holder pal, 72 years old and been supporting since when we were in the division 3 south, i think over the years ive learned to respect teams, and NCFC fans are becoming arrogant. Ok then so your point of view is we are a big club, will you say the same if we get promoted? Will you still say we are a big club if we get promoted to the premiership?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"] arrogance just gains you enemys...big difference.[/quote]Enemies in competitive sport? Heaven forbid.[quote user="Mook"]maybe people have forgotten what endeared Norwich to

the rest of the England[/quote]The fact we held hands with the opposition in the tunnel then played hide-and-seek in the Gunn club after the game?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Errrrr Im a season ticket holder pal, 72 years old and been supporting since when we were in the division 3 south, i think over the years ive learned to respect teams, and NCFC fans are becoming arrogant. Ok then so your point of view is we are a big club, will you say the same if we get promoted? Will you still say we are a big club if we get promoted to the premiership?[/quote] Totally agree mate. At times it''s like reading a Leeds or Wolves board for the level of arrogance and delusion!

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Oh Morty Yawn....if thats what you think with your pea like brain then so be it, you are boring me now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.[/quote]

Are you sure you haven''t metamorphosed into one of your nephews again, Arthur?

[/quote]

Someone watches to much make believe tv

Exactly JF

Fernando Derveld

"The fact we held hands with the opposition in the tunnel then played hide-and-seek in the Gunn club after the game?"

I take it you are too young to remeber the days where practicaly every club used to get behind Norwich???

Bit sad to make a comment about something you never experienced.