Sign in to follow this  
ChelmsfordCanary

Millwall Away - An Essex Boys call to all supporters!

Hi all,

Firstly what a win Saturday, I think Lambert and the players did their talking on the field, I thought Colchester''s chairman and fans are bitter and made themselves look idiots over this whole saga thats been going on since August. Seems like they are trying to create a rivalry between us as there is no Ipswich in the league....

Anyway I am planning to go with a few mates to Millwall away, firstly:

Is there still lots of tickets left this week?

Is there alot of Norwich fans heading to the George pub in London Bridge?

Also I am from Chelmsford and wondered whether anyone else was making the trip from Essex, that wants to get a group together for the game?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Ian

[quote user="Power Ranger Canary"]ive got my ticket i think we can be allocated up to 4000 tickets. Unreserved aswell! I should imagine there is loads left as they only just came out and yeah london bridge is where to be ;)[/quote]

They''ve been on sale for about 10 days now and they are still selling the 2000 for the unreserved upper tier seats.

reckon we will need the lower tier i can see a lot of people staying away due to the bad reputation of millwall, i dont see this being a problem personally if you go looking for trouble you will find it. The met are well drilled in dealing with away fans and its not like we have a reputation of a leeds, west ham or cardiff.

One of my favourite days out, though I do miss the old den for pure atmosphere (who can forget Flecky''s strike?), and home turf for me as a london based fan, will probably drink London Bridge way, Lord Clyde, back st local, but had some good drinks in Bermondsey itself in the past, but always best to respect the locals if you want to keep things mellow.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies looks like I should be ok to get tickets this week. I will be getting the overground to liverpool st. then get to London Bridge for beers then off to Millwall.

Looking forward to it.

Ian

Will be there. A load of old nonsense dragged up about Millwall away.

Will travel in colours and confident there will be no problems. Like others have said, we aint Leeds, West Ham or Chelsea. Millwall are a perfectly decent community club.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]Will be there. A load of old nonsense dragged up about Millwall away.

Will travel in colours and confident there will be no problems. Like others have said, we aint Leeds, West Ham or Chelsea. Millwall are a perfectly decent community club.[/quote]

Good luck on your first trip to the wall then......

Me and my mates some wearing colours some not went to the dreaded Charlton away last season and we drank in a pub in London Bridge with a load of Millwall fans some of em bought us drinks! Cant say I have been bothered by them. Seems that Millwall is stuffed full of kid wanabees now anyway.

Ian

Looking forward to this one, six of us in The George for about midday.

Might give the new Simon Lappin flag an airing as well.

I would think we''ll sell out the top tier but I can''t see many more than 2,000 making the trip. As others have said, I think many will be put off by the reputation of Millwall.

Might work to our advantage as the Norwich fans there will be real hardcore, similar to the 2,000 that were present at Burnley away in the Championship winning season.

I went to Millwall away a few years ago with my old boss. He was a season ticket holder so I sat in the main stand while my mate was in the away end, having walked through the caged walkway from the station.

All I can say is it''s not a nice place to go. The first time Hucks got the ball, there was a screech of "Take his f*cking spine ouuuuuuuuut" from behind me. I turned round and the woman responsible was about 90. Then the singing started and I didn''t know a word, though my boss was the only person in the stand hitting a note so I don''t think anyone noticed. Luckily they all sit there and smoke spliffs in the second half so it mellowed out.

[quote user="ChelmsfordCanary"]Hi all, Firstly what a win Saturday, I think Lambert and the players did their talking on the field, I thought Colchester''s chairman and fans are bitter and made themselves look idiots over this whole saga thats been going on since August. Seems like they are trying to create a rivalry between us as there is no Ipswich in the league.... Anyway I am planning to go with a few mates to Millwall away, firstly: Is there still lots of tickets left this week? Is there alot of Norwich fans heading to the George pub in London Bridge? Also I am from Chelmsford and wondered whether anyone else was making the trip from Essex, that wants to get a group together for the game? Look forward to hearing from you! Ian[/quote]

Hello Mate,

I''ll be going with a couple of people, one of which will be going to their first City game!! Getting the tickets next week I rekon (gotta wait till payday!) I''ll be on the train from Billericay, so we can be in The George by 12 O''Clock. (Gotta be better than that awful pit we stumbled across in Southend!) LOL

Up for a big one as its my birthday on the 11th!

Cu there,

Tom

I''m going with a Chelsea supporting mate!! I have managed to convert him to coming to away games with me, as he is fed up of the atmosphere at the Bridge and loves the atmosphere at our away games.

I was really happy,still on a high from col umatch,now you have mentioned millwall away,that has put a dampener on it..Not cos of the trouble,been there 3 rimes,and bro been old den and never any squit,they were real characters who bought us beers and told some real funny stories..What is concening me is at home they are quality and if there is 1 club i think could derail us,its millwall at home..Aint bothered about charlton at their ground,2.0 to us, and leeds at home,3.2(they will come and attack so will be a shooting match),but millwall walked over leeds at home and other matches on the football league show, prove they really dominate at the new den....I will predict a hopefull 1.1

That''s all true, but our away form is now solid too remember! Col U''s home form was impressive and we rolled them over, so as long as we have another assured start to the game I can see us containing The Lions! A repeat of Boxing Day would be sweet.

I bought 3 tickets in the upper stand yesterday so dont think we sold 2000 yet.....

Works out i can finally make an away game this season ... if there are any tickets left [:S]These all unreserved?

dont think youll have a problem getting tickets, yeah all are unreserved :) Remember going to birmingham away last year went out into the stand to be told by the stewards it was unreserved, so we moved to the back in the right corner to stand and sing all game 1 min before kick off as the stewards realised we wouldnt be sitting they came over and told us to go back to our seats that our tickets were for, cheeky bastards, we refused stood all game about 50 us and the stewards ended up sitting in the seats we were standing at very funny.