Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Junhinho, McVeigh & 300,000 pounds and Blake.

Dodgy Rumours again! All part of the fun.

City have offered Celtic 300,000 pounds for Junhinho, but O''Neil prefers a swap for McVeigh. We also have !.3 million reserved for Robbie Blake.

Now if Junhinho still has it, he would prove a wonderful talisman. 

OTBC.

as above, an interesting one!

He hasnt played for celtic yet has he?

Interesting. Definitely worth considering. Its nice to see new ideas and players being linked rather than the same ones time and time again, ie. Ashton & Harewood. OTBC

Dodgy rumors eh.....

how about this one.

i heard from a gooner the other day that there going to be a swap between Matty Svensson and Dennis Bergkamp!!!

Ha ha ha ha

how i laughed!!

That website calls them "Dodgey Rumours" I suggest thats exactly what they are.By the look of some  the rumours and spelling on that site it suggests some schools have finished for Christmas early

According to fansfc.com we are lining up a 1.5million deal for Harewood.

If this is true, which i think is very likely, it will show everyone that the board were telling porkys about our 1.2million budget, which wouldn''t surprise me.

Either that or worthy has been pleading with them to give him extra, just like last christmas, and we all remember what we got don''t we?   

Yipeee, my 100th post. GET IN !!!!!

Francesco, I''m afraid I have to disagree with your comment about the board telling porkys (no doubt this will start 1st Wizard off again). I believe the only thing that has been said is that £1.2million has been added to the transfer kitty due to shareholders not exercising their right to sell back their preference shares. Nobody has publicly stated how much is actually in the transfer kitty. The only thing you could definitively say is that the kitty holds £1.2million. Maybe more, but no less.

Morph,

I have to disagree, I think you will find that Doncaster said that in order for NW to spend more than the £1.2m then he will have to rely on "additional sources of income".  Suggesting he only has £1.2m

See link below

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?tbrand=PINKUNOnline&tcategory=Norwich&brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&itemid=NOED02+Dec+2004+21%3a23%3a54%3a353

So Saint, the board aren''t telling porkys about having only £1.2million to spend.

Francesco had implied that they were telling lies about the transfer kitty. I believe I argued that they weren''t. Your link appears to back that up. NW has a MINIMUM £1.2million to spend. The board do not have a hidden warchest to open to give him more than that. In order to get more NW has to come up with alternative ways to get the money - probably sell first.

In answer to somebody elses post, Juninho has played for Celtic this season. In fact he played in the Champions League for them. That said he has struggled to make an impact. He isn''t/wasn''t a direct replacement for the man who left, Larsson. He''s more of a Petrov type of player. I would even argue that he''s another Bentley/Hux type of player that doesn''t lead the front line rather than play off the front line. Best used in a free role of the type that we''ve just seen the best from Bentley in.

I agree morph that Juninho may be an attractive player but we already have this sort of player at the club. With a 4-5-1 approach and using hux, Bentley and Jonson I am confident we can be more threatening what we need is a consistent finisher. If any of those three drop off their game there is henderson McVeigh and Leon who can all play a similar role - we dont need any more midfielders, unless they are in the marauding Francis mould.What city need is greater decurity at the back and a more consistent goal scorer that those currently at the club. Will be interesting to see how Sven does if he keeps getting the service he got against Bolton though...OTBC

Morph, I was not agreeing that the board are telling porkies I was merely answering a point you made.

"I believe the only thing that has been said is that £1.2million has been added to the transfer kitty due to shareholders not exercising their right to sell back their preference shares. Nobody has publicly stated how much is actually in the transfer kitty."

I read the article as Doncaster clearly stating that there is only £1.2m to spend hence the title "£1.2m - and that''s your lot" and Doncasters comments:

""At present £1.2m is available for Nigel to spend either in January or in the summer as he sees fit,"

On the subject of money, I''ve been told today by a colleague''s husband that their neighbour''s son (who is a London-based reporter) phoned yesterday to say that Norwich have bid £2 250 000 for Jason Euell within the past two days.  I have no idea if this is true, but my colleague would not have told me for a wind-up!  Perhaps there is a bit more in the kitty than we have been led to believe?!  Hope springs eternal!

So the conversation goes like this,  "Hello? This is Nigel (We have £5,000,000 to spend) Worthington here, I will offer £750,000 for your boy.                              S*d of Nigel you have £5,000,000 to spend give it to us.

There is no way our board will tell anyone how much is in the "kitty" because if they do then they are at a disadvantage straight away!!