Sign in to follow this  
canarycol

NORWICH CITY FANS AND WHERE FROM

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]Proper fans come from Norfolk and it''s surrounding areas......

Lets not beat about the bush on this one eh?[/quote]Too right Cluck!

Not Dorset........

Or Australia........

Or Vietnam........

[:S]

[/quote]

Being an all action war hero only expands my proper supporter status Slappy.... and I only own properties in Dorset to equal out the outsiders (mostly Londoners) who own second homes in Norfolk....

I don''t know why I bother sometimes........

Dear Cluck

I hope your "proper supporter" comment was tongue in cheek, if not please could you argue why the following disqualifies me from being one. 

Although I have lived in Bristol for the last 26 years, I saw my City first game in 1968, am a shareholder and a Super Member, been a season ticket holder, went to Milan, both cupfinals at Wembley and many games in between (including Fulham away and Charlton away). This season it''s nine games so far and will be watching us against Walsall, Hartlepool and Millwall.

Been near Bishops Stortford, East Herts for the last 20 years, but grew up in Sheringham, went to School in North Walsham, first job in Gt Yarmouth before moving to East London (Hackney and Newham).

Never lost the faith!

Auckland, New Zealand. (Thank god it''s almost over)Born In Belfast, Northern Ireland. Moved to Norwich when I was 11 and had to endure several rather difficult years of High School in Ipswich (Irish Norwich Supporter? Not much fun)Looking forward to the return.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Matt Juler"]Clapton, North London, but originally from Oulton Broad.[/quote]

haha, you wouldn''t be trying to avoid the tag "East London", would you? :-)

Victoria Park, Hackney, E9 here. Not many Canaries around sadly.

[/quote]

As the name suggests another East London based canary. E2 all the way!

[/quote]

My father comes from E2 (Globe Road), but I''m Norwich born and bred and living in NR1 in God''s own county.

[quote user="Gravitys Rainbow"]Auckland, New Zealand. (Thank god it''s almost over)

Born In Belfast, Northern Ireland. Moved to Norwich when I was 11 and had to endure several rather difficult years of High School in Ipswich (Irish Norwich Supporter? Not much fun)

Looking forward to the return.
[/quote]

When you coming home then?

born in  coventry lived  in  norwich for a  few years in the 70''s  sandy lane area then moved  back to the midlands  now  living in  birmingham

From Great Yarmouth. Now living in Nantwich, Cheshire and working on my two boys (6 and 9) to follow the green and yellow. Unfortunately had to buy one Liverpool and the other a Man U kit for xmas. NCFC only make ''second'' team status currently but they are only young yet. Plenty of time to see sense....

[quote user="Glutton for Punishment"] Unfortunately had to buy one Liverpool and the other a Man U kit for xmas. NCFC only make ''second'' team status currently but they are only young yet. Plenty of time to see sense....[/quote]Nah, too late, reckon you''ve lost ''em.Mine had no choice, they were taught just why Man U, Chelski and Liverpool are rubbish from an early age. I suppose you location makes it more difficult.Some lad in my eldests class was having a go at her saying Norwich were rubbish. When she told me I said, "Oh did he? Well you ask him how many times he''s been to see his team play at home. Then ask him what the score was last time they came to Carrow Road"I think she enjoyed educating him. [:D]

Born Canvey Island, Essex, and lived there for first 15 years. Supported Southend from 1956 til we moved to Yarmouth in 1962.

I''m going back to Canvey Island this week, for the first time, and will be at Roots Hall next Saturday cheering Southend on against our rivals Swindon.

[quote user="Herb"]Some lad in my eldests class[/quote]Should have added, a Man U fan, though you''ve probably worked that out.

Born and raised in Thorpe, so was always dead easy to get to the ground, but now live in Surrey; still a season ticket holder, though not sure for how much longer unless we move back (I''m working on that one with the Mrs!) - is getting more and more difficult to get back for games.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]I have noticed that, not sure why some Liverpool fans have a soft spot for us but I have noticed it. Maybe because we were part of their famous last day of the kop. [/quote]From what I''ve  been told it''s because we try to play atractive, passing football. Liverpool as a club may have had it''s faults, but their fans have always appreciated football being played in the proper way.

Im Norwich born, grew up in Crowfield Suffolk, then York as a teenager, now East Kilbride Glasgow for last 18 years, now got only weegie boy with a norwich shirt in EK lol

Southampton220 mile drive to Norwich on crap roads!Used to live in Earlham, Hellesdon, Poringland (about 5 doors up from Gunnys'' old house! - years ago mind)I get dreadful sh#t from all the Saints fans I work with.Mind you, they''re a bit quiet at the moment.They are all excited about the FA cup against Pompey now. They hate each other as much as we hate Ipsh#t.

[quote user="Messiah"]Southampton

220 mile drive to Norwich on crap roads!

Used to live in Earlham, Hellesdon, Poringland (about 5 doors up from Gunnys'' old house! - years ago mind)

I get dreadful sh#t from all the Saints fans I work with.
Mind you, they''re a bit quiet at the moment.

They are all excited about the FA cup against Pompey now. They hate each other as much as we hate Ipsh#t.
[/quote]

I used to live about 15 doors down from Gunny when he lived in meadow way (when he first signed as a keeper) - which was a hive of players back in the day... Dave Watson, Mike Phelan, Steve Bruce, Phil Hoadley et al. Does that put you on that side of Poringland or over near St Marys Way where all the footballers moved to when the new housing went in in the mid 90s? As said on an earlier page I''m now down in Southampton aswell!

You are right aswell the locals are gearing up for the south coast derby it won''t be pretty!