Sign in to follow this  
woody

New Season Ticket prices

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Punting Canary"]Simple law of economics.  If you are selling out every week and could sell more tickets on top, in some cases many more, then the ticket prices aren''t high enough.  I know having spoken to someone at the club no so long back that the thing McNally was amazed at was that ticket prices were not higher given that we are selling out every week.  Its not that he is trying to rip people off but that he is trying to run a business and the main revenue stream comes through the turnstiles.  Its a fine line between alienating supporters but keeping the business afloat.  The Turners were keen to make the business purely self sufficient but that wasn''t acceptable hence their departure.  They key is knowing where your elasticity of demand (or breaking point) is if the team aren''t performing well.  If the team isn''t performing well its better to have a fuller stadium who are buying the add on''s (pies, drinks etc) than not, but it does not make business sense for the ground to be selling out with ease as it is this year.  For what its worth I think we now have two very level headed men running the show on and off the pitch and I think the price rise is right.  Tickets for Spurs and Chelsea nowadays are about 80 quid!![/quote]

And Bolton and Wigan are currently selling half season tickets for £151 and £149 (less than £17 per game and two divisions higher)

[/quote]

And both are currently recouping around £68.4million p.a. more from their general league revenue than we are.

Do the math!

[/quote]

And how much are Spurs and Chelsea recouping from their general league revenue? The point I was making was using Spurs and Chelsea charging £80 per game as a comparison with us is idiotic and serves no useful purpose at all.

Wigan and Bolton are small clubs artificially made bigger than what they''d be naturally due to being being bankrolled by rich owners!

Wigan with out Dave Whelan would be one of the smallest clubs in the Football league!

Bolton would be like Barnsley without the bankrolling and you could include Blackburn and Fulham in that equation as well!

Both clubs aren''t well supported, in fact Wigan got 17,000 against near neighbours ManU earlier this season!

They struggle to give tickets away in an area that has loads of teams so thats why season tickets are so cheap!

Anyone complaining about our season ticket price increases need a reality check cause they are still very good value for money, we nearly sell out every game so the club can justify increasing price and we''re heavily in debt and need a higher income in order to help the club to fulfill its potential which is regular Premiership football.

The club could of easily increased prices by £5 a game!

Course we could simplify this whole thing :-If you think the product costs too much - don''t buy it.[:)]

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="LQ"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Punting Canary"]Simple law of economics.  If you are selling out every week and could sell more tickets on top, in some cases many more, then the ticket prices aren''t high enough.  I know having spoken to someone at the club no so long back that the thing McNally was amazed at was that ticket prices were not higher given that we are selling out every week.  Its not that he is trying to rip people off but that he is trying to run a business and the main revenue stream comes through the turnstiles.  Its a fine line between alienating supporters but keeping the business afloat.  The Turners were keen to make the business purely self sufficient but that wasn''t acceptable hence their departure.  They key is knowing where your elasticity of demand (or breaking point) is if the team aren''t performing well.  If the team isn''t performing well its better to have a fuller stadium who are buying the add on''s (pies, drinks etc) than not, but it does not make business sense for the ground to be selling out with ease as it is this year.  For what its worth I think we now have two very level headed men running the show on and off the pitch and I think the price rise is right.  Tickets for Spurs and Chelsea nowadays are about 80 quid!![/quote]

And Bolton and Wigan are currently selling half season tickets for £151 and £149 (less than £17 per game and two divisions higher)

[/quote]And both are currently recouping around £68.4million p.a. more from their general league revenue than we are.Do the math!

[/quote]

And how much are Spurs and Chelsea recouping from their general league revenue? The point I was making was using Spurs and Chelsea charging £80 per game as a comparison with us is idiotic and serves no useful purpose at all.

[/quote]Sorry - that''s the point I thought you were making and I was reiterating it.There can be no comparison. To do so would be to say "so if them''s the ticket prices elsewhere will you buy a ST for A.N.Other low to middling prem side to watch their football?"Of course not. From Arsenal to Yeovil and all in between we pay our money for our team. What league we''re in or how we''re faring means nothing. If seats are at a premium and not readily available you can put pretty much any number after the pound symbol you like!

Just a point to those who reckon we''re overpriced in league one. Below is a link to the Hartlepool(the first club I looked at) price after 2 months of the 9/10 season ie after 5 home games had been played

http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10326~1813278,00.html

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

And both are currently recouping around £68.4million p.a. more from their general league revenue than we are.

Do the math!

[/quote]

oh, good then if we ever get back to the Prem we can look forward to these prices due to us getting the TV money can we?

Do the math? how about do reality!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mello Yello"]I wonder if there will be an offer of a rebate - if we fail to get promoted?[/quote]I don''t think they''ll be stupid enough to do that again![/quote]They didn''t.The rebate was only available if we got relegated. I reckon they''d be quite happy to offer another hefty rebate if that happens again this year......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Mello Yello"]I wonder if there will be an offer of a rebate - if we fail to get promoted?[/quote]I don''t think they''ll be stupid enough to do that again![/quote]They didn''t.The rebate was only available if we got relegated. I reckon they''d be quite happy to offer another hefty rebate if that happens again this year......[/quote]I think they wouldn''t as it massively backfired on them.I think they honestly thought no one would claim it.

If i can get one i will. And it will still be cheaper than what i''ve been spending this year. Was told when i phoned the ticket office that there were no waiting lists.

I think some of you blindly accept what NCFC tell you are missing a few points:-

1) was the rebate a one off payment or was it there to bring ST prices into line with L1? The latter I would have thought.

2) NCFC are stating that prices have gone up by £23, I dont accept that see above. Sometimes they treat us like we are all thick, some of us can see right through them.

3) Yes I accept that the debt needs managing, but the fans should not be punished for the mismanagement of the club. If I thought they were on the way to clearing it, I would happily cough up my £400. The fact is that we have had 19000 st holders for years and yet our debt continues to grow, despite a year in the prem not so long ago.

4) to those that tell me to go else where if I dont like it, thanks fellow fans, nice to see my 25 years of custom is appricated. Telling our fans to get lost. Nice.

5) I have said this before but NCFC should not be selling STs until they know what leagye we are playing in as I dont see £389 for L1 football as value.

6) The feel good factor is riding higher than I thought around Carrow Road. Lest we forget we are in L1 for the first time in 50 years.

As I said already I will renew, but it does not mean I have to like the prices or the spin that comes with it. Anyway I am starting to sound like a broken record now. Heres to 3 points today fellow NCFC fans.

[quote user="Ren"]I think some of you blindly accept what NCFC tell you are missing a few points:-

1) was the rebate a one off payment or was it there to bring ST prices into line with L1? The latter I would have thought.

2) NCFC are stating that prices have gone up by £23, I dont accept that see above. Sometimes they treat us like we are all thick, some of us can see right through them.

3) Yes I accept that the debt needs managing, but the fans should not be punished for the mismanagement of the club. If I thought they were on the way to clearing it, I would happily cough up my £400. The fact is that we have had 19000 st holders for years and yet our debt continues to grow, despite a year in the prem not so long ago.

4) to those that tell me to go else where if I dont like it, thanks fellow fans, nice to see my 25 years of custom is appricated. Telling our fans to get lost. Nice.

5) I have said this before but NCFC should not be selling STs until they know what leagye we are playing in as I dont see £389 for L1 football as value.

6) The feel good factor is riding higher than I thought around Carrow Road. Lest we forget we are in L1 for the first time in 50 years.

As I said already I will renew, but it does not mean I have to like the prices or the spin that comes with it. Anyway I am starting to sound like a broken record now. Heres to 3 points today fellow NCFC fans.[/quote]You are flogging a dead horse Ren.Your 25 years support for the club is not in question but in the final analysis it is quite fair for people to say, if you don''t think its value for money then don''t buy one.

I think it''s quite straightforward. If we go up, 389quid is reasonable for the Championship. If we don''t, we need to continue, if possible, to be a Championship club in league one, which means paying more for the season ticket and demanding that the money is spent on decent replacements for Hoolahan et al if they go. Given the obvious quality of McNally and Lambert, I''m happy to pay over the odds for one more season in League One if that is what it comes to. Under Doncaster and Gunn I was not, which is why I claimed my rebate. I will be renewing and think the price is fair.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]I think it''s quite straightforward. If we go up, 389quid is reasonable for the Championship. If we don''t, we need to continue, if possible, to be a Championship club in league one, which means paying more for the season ticket and demanding that the money is spent on decent replacements for Hoolahan et al if they go. Given the obvious quality of McNally and Lambert, I''m happy to pay over the odds for one more season in League One if that is what it comes to. Under Doncaster and Gunn I was not, which is why I claimed my rebate.

I will be renewing and think the price is fair.
[/quote]

Sums it up perfectly for me, I completely agree with you. I took my rebate on principle because I was not happy with how the club was being run and the mess we''d gotten ourselves into, not because I wanted some cashback.

It was a gesture from the club that they didn''t have to do, and I will be quite happy paying £389 next year.

Also, what I haven''t seen mentioned is that although prices may not reflect the league we''re in, the football and visits to Carrow Road have been far more enjoyable and better value for money this year than they have in 4/5 years.

Looks like some would have paid even more - http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED22%20Jan%202010%2020%3A03%3A18%3A907

Very content with the prices and still think they represent very good value. Possibly an opportunity lost as i think many fans would have paid an extra £50  a season given the predicament that we are in

I think you will find that the return of LQ is based upon her having an input into the pricing structure for the forthcoming season.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I think you will find that the return of LQ is based upon her having an input into the pricing structure for the forthcoming season.[/quote]

How did LQ have an input, thought the SCG had disbanded?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I think you will find that the return of LQ is based upon her having an input into the pricing structure for the forthcoming season.[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

The SCG has been disbanded CA but the working groups made up of club staff and former members of the SCG are still operating.Lisa was recently asked by the club if she would like to join the Pricing Group and she accepted.

[quote user="Ren"]I think some of you blindly accept what NCFC tell you are missing a few points:-

6) The feel good factor is riding higher than I thought around Carrow Road. Lest we forget we are in L1 for the first time in 50 years. As I said already I will renew, but it does not mean I have to like the prices or the spin that comes with it. Anyway I am starting to sound like a broken record now. Heres to 3 points today fellow NCFC fans.[/quote]

Ren - each point has merit.

Re point 5) It would be £450 for me and if we are playing Div 1 football next season, I will not be happy paying that price.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Ren - each point has merit.

Re point 5) It would be £450 for me and if we are playing Div 1 football next season, I will not be happy paying that price.[/quote]1. Your choice, nobody forces you.

2. Snob. You can always mingle wth the EHS crowd instead of the WC lot (cheaper seats)

3. Will you ever be happy? [:^)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Ren - each point has merit.

Re point 5) It would be £450 for me and if we are playing Div 1 football next season, I will not be happy paying that price.[/quote]1. Your choice, nobody forces you.

2. Snob. You can always mingle wth the EHS crowd instead of the WC lot (cheaper seats)

[/quote]Hahaha.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Ren - each point has merit.

Re point 5) It would be £450 for me and if we are playing Div 1 football next season, I will not be happy paying that price.[/quote]

[/quote]

I was  happy as you saw in The Nelson yesterday - what a performance from the team and the fans.

Re point 5) It would be £450 for me and if we are playing Div 1 football next season, I will not be happy paying that price.[/quote]

[/quote]

Class warrior! Lol! 

[/quote]

Class warrior! Lol! 

I didn''t take my rebate this season, and have no qualms with the slight increase in ticket prices - mainly because the excellent monthly plan the club offer mean that the overall cost of my family''s season tickets is far less noticeable if I paid in one lump sum.To be honest, everyone knows the club needs to maximise its revenue, so I don''t think the ticket prices are anything unexpected, or even unreasonable. We''ve seen that the board are more serious about the core product (football), so I think the money will certainly be put to good use, and there have been many people who have said they would be happy to donate a small amount to the club each month anyway.Anyone who isn''t happy paying those prices doesn''t have to renew their ticket - I''m sure there are many other supporters who would take their ticket instead.

[quote user="I.S."]
Anyone who isn''t happy paying those prices doesn''t have to renew their ticket - I''m sure there are many other supporters who would take their ticket instead.
[/quote]

Thats right, reward the long term (45 years or so) supporter. Can''t have them can we?

I dont think people are complaining about the prices if we go up, its if we remain in division one that a 31.7% price hike looks steep!

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="vos"]Punting Canary is one of the few realistic comments on this thread. We are massively in debt, along with many other Clubs, and we have got to balance income with expenditure. The increases will bring in about £500,000 but on current figs it still leaves us around £2 million short on income. What are they going to do about it !!!

The main reasoning of selling tickets now is to get money in to keep us afloat. To offer interest free loans is crazy in the current financial circumstances. Its very good of the directors to limit increases coupled with generous offers BUT we desperately need some more money !!!

I will readily admit there is no easy answer but as an OAP I usually pay £9 per match, and although slightly biased, we are currently far more entertaining than most in the premiership. I would quite happily pay £15 which still compares well with other entertainment etc, but obviously everyone''s finances are different.[/quote]Hey Vos,Just like the tax man, I doubt there''s anything stopping you paying more if you want to!;~)[/quote]

Take your point LQ. I am happy to pay another £6 or so per game BUT if I had a couple of thousand to spare - which I havn''t - I would not put it directly in to the bottomless pit of football finances. Anyway it would make little difference, the Club needs big money now.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="I.S."]Anyone who isn''t happy paying those prices doesn''t have to renew their ticket - I''m sure there are many other supporters who would take their ticket instead.[/quote]

Thats right, reward the long term (45 years or so) supporter. Can''t have them can we?

I dont think people are complaining about the prices if we go up, its if we remain in division one that a 31.7% price hike looks steep!

[/quote]Sorry, but are you trying to tell me that a specifically rebated price is the same as the actual item price, and that you should be entitled to a similar rebate this season? My sincere apologies if I''m wrong, but I''m sure the published ticket price in the Barclay last season was somewhere around the £420 mark (from memory), and this season are £435, so what''s the problem exactly?Next you''ll be telling me that prices haven''t gone up in the last 45 years...

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="I.S."]Anyone who isn''t happy paying those prices doesn''t have to renew their ticket - I''m sure there are many other supporters who would take their ticket instead.[/quote]

[/quote]Sorry, but are you trying to tell me that a specifically rebated price is the same as the actual item price, and that you should be entitled to a similar rebate this season? My sincere apologies if I''m wrong, but I''m sure the published ticket price in the Barclay last season was somewhere around the £420 mark (from memory), and this season are £435, so what''s the problem exactly?Next you''ll be telling me that prices haven''t gone up in the last 45 years...[/quote]

Sometimes people think if they repeat the same thing often enough, it becomes true.

[quote user="woody"]Sometimes people think if they repeat the same thing often enough, it becomes true.[/quote]Can''t be Tangy you''re talking about can it? He wouldn''t do that would he? Surely not! Nooooooooooooo!! [;)]