Sign in to follow this  
woody

New Season Ticket prices

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mello Yello"]I wonder if there will be an offer of a rebate - if we fail to get promoted?[/quote]I don''t think they''ll be stupid enough to do that again![/quote]

Stupid....or just complacent and arrogant?

[/quote]Well they clearly didn''t expect so many of us to claim the cash, thats for sure!

[quote user="jbghost"]But it''s not a 31% increase tangy. The price we paid last year was for league 1 football. The rebate was a one off for those that felt they needed an incentive after the poor football we had seen. You have to ignore the rebate if you took it last year, it was never going to be on offer again. [/quote]

That doesnt alter the fact that its a 31.7% increase.

Secondly if we remain in division one then people are naturally going to compare our ST. (season ticket) prices with the ST. prices of other League one clubs.

Do you think clubs like Hartlepool, Carlisle, Stockport, Exeter, Yeovil etc. have the same overheads as us (after adjusting for some costs that are related to the size of crowds)?

Having visited most of the clubs you mentioned there I would certainly not wish to watch any of them on a regular basis if their season tickets were free.

Appauling grounds with teams not much better.

If ever there was justification for our season ticket prices you have just made it obvious

My point is that NCFC are not exactly telling the truth in their season ticket statement are they?

...and if in event that we end up staying in League One I suspect that we will be paying well over the odds compaired to our rivals.

My whole point about paying for the product so far in advance is made even more vaild when I dont even know what I am getting for my £389!

Broadly, this is a clever increase: £1 per game.

But I''d like to see tickets remaining affordable for youth and family groups and am particularly aware of the employment situation for many university leavers with an absence of secure full time jobs. Many of these are over 21.

For the rest, there could have been a discretionary £50 debt relief add on - perhaps director matched; but then again I do believe the debt is not only our biggest challenge but also our biggest opportunity because a lot of Prem and Champ teams are going to suffer with debt and if we were solvent we would be in a very strong position over the next few years.

A lot of people cannot fork out a lump sum for bonds but they can pay more by installments and ring fenced money for future club security is more vital than promotion because with promotion the extra money tends to go in higher costs - especially wages. I we can do both then we can crack it.

i have threaded this before but NCFC needs to find a medium level donations scheme so a lot of people can collectively secure the future of the club itself.

I''m happy with the prices, but they are very much geared for Championship football next season.  The rebate was designed to allign the price with what should be paid in League One, so if we are not promoted our prices will be high.  What is interesting is that they state “March 6 is the key date for us and if season ticketholders renew by then, then that will be the price they pay whatever division we''re in next year.  If we''re fortunate enough to be promoted, then prices will go up at that point.”, so the club would look to cash in on promotion, even though the prices are already set at Championship levels (not that many people will leave it that late I''m sure).

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I''m happy with the prices, but they are very much geared for Championship football next season.  The rebate was designed to allign the price with what should be paid in League One, so if we are not promoted our prices will be high.  What is interesting is that they state “March 6 is the key date for us and if season ticketholders renew by then, then that will be the price they pay whatever division we''re in next year.  If we''re fortunate enough to be promoted, then prices will go up at that point.”, so the club would look to cash in on promotion, even though the prices are already set at Championship levels (not that many people will leave it that late I''m sure).[/quote]Agreed we are in massive debt and have had good prices for years, im happy to pay £1 a game! Cant actually believe people would moan... on the ball city

Fact is games are sold out week in week out. Even in league one demand out strips supply. I couldn''t get two seats together on Tuesday night for BRENTFORD this weekend. They would be foolish not to put prices up, I''m surprised the increase isn''t larger. If you want us to stagnate in league one, lose our best players, have to sell the ground then by all means argue we should be paying the same prices as Hartlepool etc. It is a flawed argument.

Did not say I was not happy to pay the price, just dont like the way its being spun thats all.

I wont be doing cartwheels down to box office to shell out my £389 that is for sure like some!

The price increase aren''t as high as I thought they''d be!

Good middle ground has been found in between maintaining affordable football and increasing income in order to try and help reduce the debt!

I don''t know how anyone can complain at the prices and the options you get use to pay for it!

People moaning about the cost should remmeber that we are cheaper than a lot of clubs including those down the A140 who may on average £80-£100 more and that if we want the club to be successful we can''t expect to pay a pittance!

Actually Ipswich charged exactly the same as us last season £366 behind the goal.

We were one of the most expensive in the Championship last year (pre rebate and religation) and lots of teams in the Prem were charging £250 or less.

Dont believe everything that NCFC tell you.

I am amazed people have taken these prices so well. Clearly £400 is not a lot of money for people these days.

Maybe I am just getting mean in my old age!

£389 divided by 23 games = £16.92 a game!

Thats a reasonable price in my book!

If you go out with a group in the City for the night and spend less than £20 you''ve done well, so that puts it into perspective!

If you want to pay £10 a game then fair enough but the club would go down the pan and you wouldn''t want to go anyway!

Think everyone who is not happy should stop going on about it, If less than £20.00 a game is too much for you, go and watch some non league football at Lowestoft or Yarmouth

I think its great value for money and will definately be renewing.

[quote user="Ren"]Actually Ipswich charged exactly the same as us last season £366 behind the goal. ![/quote]

Yes they did, but people in the Barclay who took their rebate only paid £293 so guess thats about right for League 1 footy.

If we go up I dont think anyone will mind paying £389 for the Barclay but if we don''t then I agree with you that £389 will be expensive for League 1 football.

Simple law of economics.  If you are selling out every week and could sell more tickets on top, in some cases many more, then the ticket prices aren''t high enough.  I know having spoken to someone at the club no so long back that the thing McNally was amazed at was that ticket prices were not higher given that we are selling out every week.  Its not that he is trying to rip people off but that he is trying to run a business and the main revenue stream comes through the turnstiles.  Its a fine line between alienating supporters but keeping the business afloat.  The Turners were keen to make the business purely self sufficient but that wasn''t acceptable hence their departure.  They key is knowing where your elasticity of demand (or breaking point) is if the team aren''t performing well.  If the team isn''t performing well its better to have a fuller stadium who are buying the add on''s (pies, drinks etc) than not, but it does not make business sense for the ground to be selling out with ease as it is this year.  For what its worth I think we now have two very level headed men running the show on and off the pitch and I think the price rise is right.  Tickets for Spurs and Chelsea nowadays are about 80 quid!!

I had to go to Nando''s tonight for a meal - cost me about £20.

£16.92 for a game at Carrow far better value! 

i can`t be bothered to read through this while thread but all i will say is it cost me £22 for me and my 13 year old son  for the brentford match from the jarrold  and i certainly wouldn`t object to a couple of quid more [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

......... just think the headlines of a £1 increase is a bit misleading.

[/quote]

A bit like this Archant article;

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED22%20Jan%202010%2018%3A52%3A51%3A453

refering to the 6% increase in relation to LAST YEAR

The increase in relation to this season for my ST.  is 31.7% (and is probably the same for a number of the adult season tickets around the ground)

[quote user="Ren"]My point is that NCFC are not exactly telling the truth in their season ticket statement are they? ...and if in event that we end up staying in League One I suspect that we will be paying well over the odds compaired to our rivals. My whole point about paying for the product so far in advance is made even more vaild when I dont even know what I am getting for my £389![/quote]

Good post.

Prices still very reasonable, and once again people on the waiting list. Small increase was the obvious outcome.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Matt Juler"]I''m happy with the prices, but they are very much geared for Championship football next season.  The rebate was designed to allign the price with what should be paid in League One, so if we are not promoted our prices will be high.  What is interesting is that they state “March 6 is the key date for us and if season ticketholders renew by then, then that will be the price they pay whatever division we''re in next year.  If we''re fortunate enough to be promoted, then prices will go up at that point.”, so the club would look to cash in on promotion, even though the prices are already set at Championship levels (not that many people will leave it that late I''m sure).
[/quote]

Agreed we are in massive debt and have had good prices for years, im happy to pay £1 a game! Cant actually believe people would moan... on the ball city
[/quote]

BUT its only £1 a game increase based on our last season in the Championship prices.

IF we remain in League One and compare the post rebate prices (to reflect League One football) this season  to next season, the increase in standard adult ST is over 30%.

[quote user="Ren"]Actually Ipswich charged exactly the same as us last season £366 behind the goal. We were one of the most expensive in the Championship last year (pre rebate and religation) and lots of teams in the Prem were charging £250 or less. Dont believe everything that NCFC tell you. I am amazed people have taken these prices so well. Clearly £400 is not a lot of money for people these days. Maybe I am just getting mean in my old age![/quote]

They won''t object either to the squeezing of their gonads (if they are male) post election when the taxes go up. Its coming your way shortly and you know who to thank for it........

Punting Canary is one of the few realistic comments on this thread. We are massively in debt, along with many other Clubs, and we have got to balance income with expenditure. The increases will bring in about £500,000 but on current figs it still leaves us around £2 million short on income. What are they going to do about it !!!

The main reasoning of selling tickets now is to get money in to keep us afloat. To offer interest free loans is crazy in the current financial circumstances. Its very good of the directors to limit increases coupled with generous offers BUT we desperately need some more money !!!

I will readily admit there is no easy answer but as an OAP I usually pay £9 per match, and although slightly biased, we are currently far more entertaining than most in the premiership. I would quite happily pay £15 which still compares well with other entertainment etc, but obviously everyone''s finances are different.

Ren: "lots of teams in the Prem were charging £250 or less"

They can afford to - they get a lot more TV money.

Tangy - it''s only 31% if you took your rebate (which was a one-off special offer) and the increase is from £13 to about £17 per match.

As plenty of others have said, that''s still pretty good value plus the Club needs more money to survive.

[quote user="Punting Canary"]Simple law of economics.  If you are selling out every week and could sell more tickets on top, in some cases many more, then the ticket prices aren''t high enough.  I know having spoken to someone at the club no so long back that the thing McNally was amazed at was that ticket prices were not higher given that we are selling out every week.  Its not that he is trying to rip people off but that he is trying to run a business and the main revenue stream comes through the turnstiles.  Its a fine line between alienating supporters but keeping the business afloat.  The Turners were keen to make the business purely self sufficient but that wasn''t acceptable hence their departure.  They key is knowing where your elasticity of demand (or breaking point) is if the team aren''t performing well.  If the team isn''t performing well its better to have a fuller stadium who are buying the add on''s (pies, drinks etc) than not, but it does not make business sense for the ground to be selling out with ease as it is this year.  For what its worth I think we now have two very level headed men running the show on and off the pitch and I think the price rise is right.  Tickets for Spurs and Chelsea nowadays are about 80 quid!![/quote]

And Bolton and Wigan are currently selling half season tickets for £151 and £149 (less than £17 per game and two divisions higher)

[quote user="vos"]Punting Canary is one of the few realistic comments on this thread. We are massively in debt, along with many other Clubs, and we have got to balance income with expenditure. The increases will bring in about £500,000 but on current figs it still leaves us around £2 million short on income. What are they going to do about it !!!

The main reasoning of selling tickets now is to get money in to keep us afloat. To offer interest free loans is crazy in the current financial circumstances. Its very good of the directors to limit increases coupled with generous offers BUT we desperately need some more money !!!

I will readily admit there is no easy answer but as an OAP I usually pay £9 per match, and although slightly biased, we are currently far more entertaining than most in the premiership. I would quite happily pay £15 which still compares well with other entertainment etc, but obviously everyone''s finances are different.[/quote]Hey Vos,Just like the tax man, I doubt there''s anything stopping you paying more if you want to!;~)

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Punting Canary"]Simple law of economics.  If you are selling out every week and could sell more tickets on top, in some cases many more, then the ticket prices aren''t high enough.  I know having spoken to someone at the club no so long back that the thing McNally was amazed at was that ticket prices were not higher given that we are selling out every week.  Its not that he is trying to rip people off but that he is trying to run a business and the main revenue stream comes through the turnstiles.  Its a fine line between alienating supporters but keeping the business afloat.  The Turners were keen to make the business purely self sufficient but that wasn''t acceptable hence their departure.  They key is knowing where your elasticity of demand (or breaking point) is if the team aren''t performing well.  If the team isn''t performing well its better to have a fuller stadium who are buying the add on''s (pies, drinks etc) than not, but it does not make business sense for the ground to be selling out with ease as it is this year.  For what its worth I think we now have two very level headed men running the show on and off the pitch and I think the price rise is right.  Tickets for Spurs and Chelsea nowadays are about 80 quid!![/quote]

And Bolton and Wigan are currently selling half season tickets for £151 and £149 (less than £17 per game and two divisions higher)

[/quote]And both are currently recouping around £68.4million p.a. more from their general league revenue than we are.Do the math!

[quote user="vos"]Punting Canary is one of the few realistic comments on this thread. We are massively in debt, along with many other Clubs, and we have got to balance income with expenditure. The increases will bring in about £500,000 but on current figs it still leaves us around £2 million short on income. What are they going to do about it !!! [/quote]

Calm down and dont panic.

Actually the increases will bring us in more than that. If everybody had taken their rebates this season it would have cost the club £1m.

So the price increases reflect the rebate amount + £23. ........that £1m plus a bit.

Doncaster said at the last Open day forum that the Commercial revenues including TV would fall £3m as a result of relegation,.so lets assume we get promoted this season.

Then thats an extra £4m revenue to be set against a finance gap of £2.9m that I posted about months ago (and funny enough was the funding gap mentioned for league one football in the Annual Report to 31/5/09 - just published). Then if we all feel more prosperous during the 2010-11 season we might spend more money for merchandising, catering etc. Oh, what will happen to the price of casual seats??

The issue then becomes how much will player salaries rise?  Can it be contained within £1.1m.?