Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Ground sale and the power at NCFC Plc

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Just like Delia and her hubby did with Mr Gunn.....They backed him.....3 days later.....They agreed with the other members of the board, then sacked him. What made them alter their stance?

Mr Bowkett stated that the sale of the stadium is an option.....Delia has been quoted as saying that the stadium will not be sold, so does that mean, that it''s not an option in the majority shareholder''s opinion?....Interesting.[/quote]Your first sentence concludes that they changed their minds so it''s not unreasonable to assume they could do the same IF question two arises.

[/quote]

I don''t think that Delia would wish the stadium to be sold - whilst she is still on the board....But, it''s only a personal opinion.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]If Bowkett and McNally are convinced that the sale of the ground is the right thing to do, do you think they will be allowed to get on with it or do you think the Stowmarket Two will have it their way?

[/quote]Your assumption is that D&M will be opposed to a sale in any circumstances. They may just all agree![/quote]

I thought Delia had been recently reported as saying No to the sale.[/quote]Correct , but she has every right to change her mind if it was the only way forward.

[/quote]

Mr Bowkett stated that the sale of the stadium is an option.....Delia has been quoted as saying that the stadium will not be sold, so does that mean, that it''s not an option in the majority shareholder''s opinion?....Interesting.  

[/quote]

It is interesting!

[/quote]

Unlike any of your posts[:)]
[/quote]

Upset about my response to you on the McNally thread, oh dear. Lol!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]I see this thread lurching towards Delia hating then lurching around the houses before making 50 pages.[/quote]

Please stick to the subject.

[/quote]Surely that is the subject Tangible? If not, then what exactly is your point?Delia and Michael are majority shareholders, so you would think the final decisions comes down to them. Then again, I believe that they said before, one board member = one vote. Rather than starting a thinly veiled thread, which no-one can realistically answer, why don''t you contact McNally/Bowkett and ask them directly?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]I see this thread lurching towards Delia hating then lurching around the houses before making 50 pages.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought Morty did an excellent job of assessing the only logical consequence of your original redundant question. You are only stirring Tangie because, as you well know, whatever the decision of the Board, it will be fed to the rest of us as a Board decision, not he said this and she said that. So, given that, perhaps you can explain the point of your question.

[/quote]

Bury Green grasped the issue correctly, you should try reading his post.

Forward with Bowkett, McNally and Lambert or stagnation that is the question.

[/quote]

Bury Green did a better job of framing a question than you did Tangie. Perhaps you should sit with him a while and pick up pointers. However, as I stated previously, once alternatives have been evaluated by the Board then a decision of the Board will be revealed, not different points of view by Board members. That''s assuming, of course, that it is necessary to reveal anything at all. So, really, the only point in your question is to stir. Right?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]I see this thread lurching towards Delia hating then lurching around the houses before making 50 pages.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought Morty did an excellent job of assessing the only logical consequence of your original redundant question. You are only stirring Tangie because, as you well know, whatever the decision of the Board, it will be fed to the rest of us as a Board decision, not he said this and she said that. So, given that, perhaps you can explain the point of your question.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bury Green did a better job of framing a question than you did Tangie. Perhaps you should sit with him a while and pick up pointers. However, as I stated previously, once alternatives have been evaluated by the Board then a decision of the Board will be revealed, not different points of view by Board members. That''s assuming, of course, that it is necessary to reveal anything at all. So, really, the only point in your question is to stir. Right?

[/quote]

Are you coming to a League game at Carrow Rd. this season?

Interesting one this. Sale of the ground would enable Delia to take out a lot of the money she has put into the club along with the Turners and others who have loaned the club money. No ground and the value of the club is much lower making a takeover so much easier.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you coming to a League game at Carrow Rd. this season?

[/quote]

I''m there in spirit Tangie. Look at the space beside you next time you''re there. It may well have been the one that I occupied for many seasons. Try to picture a kindly soul filled with wisdom and caring. That''s me Tangie. Do you see me now? Specifically, with respect to your question, circumstances do not allow me to make it there this season.

Apologies for making a potentially relevant point rather than point scoring agaisnt other posters on here, but isn''t the club more attractive to potential outside investors if it still owns Carrow Road? That is, it owns valuable assets, as opposed to having less debt and bing committed to a long term rental deal. Not sure about this, so feel free (as if I need to say it!) if I''m wrong.

[quote user="jbghost"]Interesting one this. Sale of the ground would enable Delia to take out a lot of the money she has put into the club along with the Turners and others who have loaned the club money. No ground and the value of the club is much lower making a takeover so much easier.[/quote]

What Delia actually said was that the ground wouldn''t be sold because it provides lovely collateral for the banks. Obviously if we sold the ground and paid off all the debts we would only need the banks for cashflow purposes. If all the debts are paid off, this might also release some of Delia and Michael''s shares to other members of the board.

So, I suspect the "ground selling" argument is part of a much bigger picture.

As for our attractiveness to an investor, I don''t think owning the ground is relevant at all or the indebtedness because they effectively cancel each other out (assuming the ground would realise enough to repay the debt). The problem with selling the ground is that it MUST be to a "friendly" with guarantees that the lease is very long term and watertight. Perfect opportunity for Peter Cullum''s pension fund if you ask me.......!

Well done Tangie, you''ve got the Wynnies into a right lather. Even our Yankee socceeeeeeeer expert has been induced to make his usual pompous respose. 

[quote user="crafty canary"]Well done Tangie, you''ve got the Wynnies into a right lather. Even our Yankee socceeeeeeeer expert has been induced to make his usual pompous respose. [/quote]

Another stirrer enters the fray. I thought Friday was usually fish and chips. It''s beginning to look like stir-fry.

[quote user="sgncfc"]

[quote user="jbghost"]Interesting one this. Sale of the ground would enable Delia to take out a lot of the money she has put into the club along with the Turners and others who have loaned the club money. No ground and the value of the club is much lower making a takeover so much easier.[/quote]

What Delia actually said was that the ground wouldn''t be sold because it provides lovely collateral for the banks. Obviously if we sold the ground and paid off all the debts we would only need the banks for cashflow purposes. If all the debts are paid off, this might also release some of Delia and Michael''s shares to other members of the board.

So, I suspect the "ground selling" argument is part of a much bigger picture.

As for our attractiveness to an investor, I don''t think owning the ground is relevant at all or the indebtedness because they effectively cancel each other out (assuming the ground would realise enough to repay the debt). The problem with selling the ground is that it MUST be to a "friendly" with guarantees that the lease is very long term and watertight. Perfect opportunity for Peter Cullum''s pension fund if you ask me.......!

[/quote]

Quite so.  I haven''t a clue what the bigger picture is, but purely on the basis of their respective comments in the media it doesn''t sound as though Delia and Bowkett are singing from the same hymn sheet . . .

D and M can do what they wish. They have majority shareholding. Delia recently stated no need to sell ground and today we hear ticket prices will only be increased to realise a further £500,000 income. Furthermore McNally states this extra income will go towards Lambert''s buying kitty. In that scenario we are still at least £2 million short of breakeven. Putting two and two together I think someone is going to put a million or two into the Club.

Anyone who intends to buy the ground is either an idiot or has money to throw away. Why because it will be only suitable for one tenant and based on current financial info they will struggle to pay the rent. Not an attractive proposition.If the landlord had to ultimately go for alternative use it would cost an absolute fortune to redevelop

and the authorities would certainly not approve of further daily heavy vehicle use on the inner ring road.

I reckon you''re about right there vos - you can also see that someone is going to put a couple of million into the club by checking out the TV guide, or by walking past womens magazines in the supermarket, or by walking past Waterstones for the latest re-release of Delias'' earlier works.For a 67 year old, she is remarkably busy. And with regular payments of a million plus per season, you can''t say that she hasn''t earnt her seat on that board.

[quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]Are you coming to a League game at Carrow Rd. this season? Are you going to answer the point made that you are simply trying to stir things, as usual ?[/quote]

So you would be the person who doesn''t question anything and accepts everything you are told.

So you would be the person who doesn''t question anything and accepts everything you are told

No, and that is why I challenge your witless drivel You have no information other than your seemingly endless wish to stir things up.

We are told little about how the club is actually run. Unfortunately that doesn''t stop cretins like you from fabricating stuff then concocting conspiracy theories based on some erronious supposition that everyone on the board has some hidden agenda and has no other intent other than to harm the club.

You sir, are an a***. You serve no purpose despite your pretence of being some alternative authority on the governance of the club. I don''t doubt that you have some other agenda but to be honest myself and other City fans don''t give a flying fig for your tedious a*** gravy. So please take your repetetive twaddle back to binland and let us City fans get on with supporting the club we love.

I shall be at Carrow Road tomorrow, not giving a stuff whether we are too arrogant in our acclaimation of our club, neither if there are enough tickets for Brentford fans to be there to be offended.

To hell with the whingers and whiners, the ever so humble Arthur Whittles, the moaners and groaners, the saddos that seem to find endless reasons to carp on at the club.

We can go top of the table tomorrow. We are looking to break so many records this season that the club deserves every REAL fan to be fully behind them. I shall be there, as will most others on this board. As to the rest then you can go to hell !

[quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]So you would be the person who doesn''t question anything and accepts everything you are told

No, and that is why I challenge your witless drivel You have no information other than your seemingly endless wish to stir things up.

We are told little about how the club is actually run. Unfortunately that doesn''t stop cretins like you from fabricating stuff then concocting conspiracy theories based on some erronious supposition that everyone on the board has some hidden agenda and has no other intent other than to harm the club.

You sir, are an a***. You serve no purpose despite your pretence of being some alternative authority on the governance of the club. I don''t doubt that you have some other agenda but to be honest myself and other City fans don''t give a flying fig for your tedious a*** gravy. So please take your repetetive twaddle back to binland and let us City fans get on with supporting the club we love.

I shall be at Carrow Road tomorrow, not giving a stuff whether we are too arrogant in our acclaimation of our club, neither if there are enough tickets for Brentford fans to be there to be offended.

To hell with the whingers and whiners, the ever so humble Arthur Whittles, the moaners and groaners, the saddos that seem to find endless reasons to carp on at the club.

We can go top of the table tomorrow. We are looking to break so many records this season that the club deserves every REAL fan to be fully behind them. I shall be there, as will most others on this board. As to the rest then you can go to hell ![/quote]Blimey.And hear hear Sir Cutt!!!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]So you would be the person who doesn''t question anything and accepts everything you are told No, and that is why I challenge your witless drivel You have no information other than your seemingly endless wish to stir things up. We are told little about how the club is actually run. Unfortunately that doesn''t stop cretins like you from fabricating stuff then concocting conspiracy theories based on some erronious supposition that everyone on the board has some hidden agenda and has no other intent other than to harm the club. You sir, are an a***. You serve no purpose despite your pretence of being some alternative authority on the governance of the club. I don''t doubt that you have some other agenda but to be honest myself and other City fans don''t give a flying fig for your tedious a*** gravy. So please take your repetetive twaddle back to binland and let us City fans get on with supporting the club we love. I shall be at Carrow Road tomorrow, not giving a stuff whether we are too arrogant in our acclaimation of our club, neither if there are enough tickets for Brentford fans to be there to be offended. To hell with the whingers and whiners, the ever so humble Arthur Whittles, the moaners and groaners, the saddos that seem to find endless reasons to carp on at the club. We can go top of the table tomorrow. We are looking to break so many records this season that the club deserves every REAL fan to be fully behind them. I shall be there, as will most others on this board. As to the rest then you can go to hell ![/quote]

Blimey.

And hear hear Sir Cutt!!!
[/quote]

Walphy . . . is that you? [:^)]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]So you would be the person who doesn''t question anything and accepts everything you are told No, and that is why I challenge your witless drivel You have no information other than your seemingly endless wish to stir things up. We are told little about how the club is actually run. Unfortunately that doesn''t stop cretins like you from fabricating stuff then concocting conspiracy theories based on some erronious supposition that everyone on the board has some hidden agenda and has no other intent other than to harm the club. You sir, are an a***. You serve no purpose despite your pretence of being some alternative authority on the governance of the club. I don''t doubt that you have some other agenda but to be honest myself and other City fans don''t give a flying fig for your tedious a*** gravy. So please take your repetetive twaddle back to binland and let us City fans get on with supporting the club we love. I shall be at Carrow Road tomorrow, not giving a stuff whether we are too arrogant in our acclaimation of our club, neither if there are enough tickets for Brentford fans to be there to be offended. To hell with the whingers and whiners, the ever so humble Arthur Whittles, the moaners and groaners, the saddos that seem to find endless reasons to carp on at the club. We can go top of the table tomorrow. We are looking to break so many records this season that the club deserves every REAL fan to be fully behind them. I shall be there, as will most others on this board. As to the rest then you can go to hell ![/quote]Blimey.And hear hear Sir Cutt!!![/quote]

[/quote]?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]So you would be the person who doesn''t question anything and accepts everything you are told No, and that is why I challenge your witless drivel You have no information other than your seemingly endless wish to stir things up. We are told little about how the club is actually run. Unfortunately that doesn''t stop cretins like you from fabricating stuff then concocting conspiracy theories based on some erronious supposition that everyone on the board has some hidden agenda and has no other intent other than to harm the club. You sir, are an a***. You serve no purpose despite your pretence of being some alternative authority on the governance of the club. I don''t doubt that you have some other agenda but to be honest myself and other City fans don''t give a flying fig for your tedious a*** gravy. So please take your repetetive twaddle back to binland and let us City fans get on with supporting the club we love. I shall be at Carrow Road tomorrow, not giving a stuff whether we are too arrogant in our acclaimation of our club, neither if there are enough tickets for Brentford fans to be there to be offended. To hell with the whingers and whiners, the ever so humble Arthur Whittles, the moaners and groaners, the saddos that seem to find endless reasons to carp on at the club. We can go top of the table tomorrow. We are looking to break so many records this season that the club deserves every REAL fan to be fully behind them. I shall be there, as will most others on this board. As to the rest then you can go to hell ![/quote]

Blimey.

[/quote]

Or is it just MadDan......Ralph Wrong.....etc, etc, etccccccccccetera?

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Mr Tangiables,   

Now unless I am mistaken with a share holding of 61.5% or thereabouts if there was such a fundamental disagreement between the joint majority shareholders and the chairman and / or the chief executive then as majority shareholders it is within their power to sack other board members? 

This of course is key and if indeed I am correct is potentially where such a  significant decision could end, it’s the biggest decision of all isn’t it? 

Personally I’m of very mixed opinions on the whole issue if selling the ground, clearly there are compelling arguments either way

[/quote]

It''s unlikely that they''d actually sack fellow Board members, more likely that the Board members would actually resign. That''s how they tend to do things at Board level.

However. what could happen, if the other Board members thought that the stance of the majority shareholders was untenable, they could resign en mass in order to force a crisis and for commen sense to prevail.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Delia has proved in the past that she says one thing and the complete opposite happens![:|][/quote]

...and of course you will back up that staement with evidence?

[quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]So you would be the person who doesn''t question anything and accepts everything you are told

We can go top of the table tomorrow. We are looking to break so many records this season that the club deserves every REAL fan to be fully behind them. I shall be there, as will most others on this board. As to the rest then you can go to hell ![/quote]

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="Bury Green"]

Mr Tangiables,   

Now unless I am mistaken with a share holding of 61.5% or thereabouts if there was such a fundamental disagreement between the joint majority shareholders and the chairman and / or the chief executive then as majority shareholders it is within their power to sack other board members? 

This of course is key and if indeed I am correct is potentially where such a  significant decision could end, it’s the biggest decision of all isn’t it? 

Personally I’m of very mixed opinions on the whole issue if selling the ground, clearly there are compelling arguments either way

[/quote]

It''s unlikely that they''d actually sack fellow Board members, more likely that the Board members would actually resign. That''s how they tend to do things at Board level.

However. what could happen, if the other Board members thought that the stance of the majority shareholders was untenable, they could resign en mass in order to force a crisis and for commen sense to prevail.

[/quote]

It''s well documented that Mr Bowkett was certainly a critic of the previous board.....of which Delia and Michael were a part of.

Now he''s the Chairman!

Why then, did the remnants of the previous board, appoint a strong critic?

Since these people have been appointed - the club (although cash-strapped) is hopefully heading in the right direction. Shame we didn''t have the likes of these folk when we were in the Premiership....as opposed to those who I felt were totally out of their depth.

The only reason I feel that these people were really appointed, is that the remnants of the previous board realised it was the last chance saloon for them to retain any credibility - or maintain their position at the club.

I think Delia really needs to keep a low profile regarding football club matters....and allow those who can''t cook, but know how to run a football club....to get on and do what''s best for NCFC.....

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Delia has proved in the past that she says one thing and the complete opposite happens![:|][/quote]

...and of course you will back up that staement with evidence?

[/quote]

WE all know what she said at the televised Norfolk Show about we''ve lots of lovely investment, so bookmark the link below for your future reference.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED13%20Jan%202010%2022%3A57%3A25%3A630

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary cherub "]

Blimey.

[/quote]

[/quote]

?
[/quote]

Sorry morty, I should have just quoted ''Sir Stiffy''s post.

There used to be a serial troll on here who sometimes called himself Ralph Wright, he was well known for such rants.  I suspect he''s back . . . and I don''t think I''m alone [;)]