Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Ground sale and the power at NCFC Plc

If there is really no other alternative then It would have to go ahead.We have to make decisions based on sound financial reason as opposed to sentimentality.

Unfortunately, other than getting a massive injection of cash, I really don''t see that we have much alternative.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

If Bowkett and McNally are convinced that the sale of the ground is the right thing to do, do you think they will be allowed to get on with it or do you think the Stowmarket Two will have it their way?

[/quote]

Bored much?

Are they actually "convinced it''s the right thing to do" or are they merely exploring all the avaiable options?

Like many things in life, there are "good" sale and leaseback dales and there are "bad" ones. Often the interpretation of good and back is dependant on which side of the fence you''re sitting. Furthermore, where you end up is usually dependant on the state of the property market generally and the relative strenghts or weaknesses of the respective parties.

try that again with "deals", rather than "dales" and "bad", rather than "back".

[quote user="GMF"]Are they actually "convinced it''s the right thing to do" or are they merely exploring all the avaiable options? Like many things in life, there are "good" sale and leaseback dales and there are "bad" ones. Often the interpretation of good and back is dependant on which side of the fence you''re sitting. Furthermore, where you end up is usually dependant on the state of the property market generally and the relative strenghts or weaknesses of the respective parties.[/quote]

I appreciate they are exploring the options but IF they decide to do it (and we may know more at the AGM coming shortly) and the Stowmarket Two disagree, who will get their way?

[quote user="GMF"]Are they actually "convinced it''s the right thing to do" or are they merely exploring all the avaiable options?

Like many things in life, there are "good" sale and leaseback dales and there are "bad" ones. Often the interpretation of good and back is dependant on which side of the fence you''re sitting. Furthermore, where you end up is usually dependant on the state of the property market generally and the relative strenghts or weaknesses of the respective parties.[/quote]

I think it was first mentioned as one of many options that had been looked at, including running the club in the same way as Barcelona

Tangy, it''s a hypothetical question and I have no idea what the answer may be.

Perhaps, it''s a question you should raise on one of the monthly webchats if it concerns you that much?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"]

[quote user="GMF"]but IF they decide to do it (and we may know more at the AGM coming shortly) and the Stowmarket Two disagree, who will get their way?

[/quote]

As everyone knows any decision is put to a vote. That is share holdings, as eveyone knows. Delia and hubby are majority shareholders so what is your REAL point ?

I see this thread lurching towards Delia hating then lurching around the houses before making 50 pages.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]If Bowkett and McNally are convinced that the sale of the ground is the right thing to do, do you think they will be allowed to get on with it or do you think the Stowmarket Two will have it their way?[/quote]Your assumption is that D&M will be opposed to a sale in any circumstances. They may just all agree!

[quote user="morty"]I see this thread lurching towards Delia hating then lurching around the houses before making 50 pages.
[/quote]

Please stick to the subject.

[/quote]

...or you will be taken from here and shot at dawn.

[quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"]

[quote user="GMF"]but IF they decide to do it (and we may know more at the AGM coming shortly) and the Stowmarket Two disagree, who will get their way?

[/quote] As everyone knows any decision is put to a vote. That is share holdings, as eveyone knows. Delia and hubby are majority shareholders so what is your REAL point ?[/quote]

The REAL point is, if Bowkett & McNally having examined the option believe it makes good business sense,  good for possibly providing Lambert funds for moving this club upwards and a means to getting a third party to finance ground expansion (even if it means a rental increase post an intial sale and leaseback) will it be overruled by the wishes (via their voting power) of the Stowmarket Two?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]If Bowkett and McNally are convinced that the sale of the ground is the right thing to do, do you think they will be allowed to get on with it or do you think the Stowmarket Two will have it their way?[/quote]Your assumption is that D&M will be opposed to a sale in any circumstances. They may just all agree![/quote]

She has been recently reported as saying no to the idea.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]I see this thread lurching towards Delia hating then lurching around the houses before making 50 pages.[/quote]

[/quote]

...or you will be taken from here and shot at dawn.

[/quote]Hahahaha.Please stick to the subject, or you will be there too!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]If Bowkett and McNally are convinced that the sale of the ground is the right thing to do, do you think they will be allowed to get on with it or do you think the Stowmarket Two will have it their way?

[/quote]Your assumption is that D&M will be opposed to a sale in any circumstances. They may just all agree![/quote]

I thought Delia had been recently reported as saying No to the sale.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]If Bowkett and McNally are convinced that the sale of the ground is the right thing to do, do you think they will be allowed to get on with it or do you think the Stowmarket Two will have it their way?

[/quote]Your assumption is that D&M will be opposed to a sale in any circumstances. They may just all agree![/quote]

I thought Delia had been recently reported as saying No to the sale.[/quote]Correct , but she has every right to change her mind if it was the only way forward.

Mr Tangiables,   

Now unless I am mistaken with a share holding of 61.5% or thereabouts if there was such a fundamental disagreement between the joint majority shareholders and the chairman and / or the chief executive then as majority shareholders it is within their power to sack other board members? 

This of course is key and if indeed I am correct is potentially where such a  significant decision could end, it’s the biggest decision of all isn’t it? 

Personally I’m of very mixed opinions on the whole issue if selling the ground, clearly there are compelling arguments either way

Given that we know little about the actual value of the ground, the terms of any such sale or the terms of McNally''s contract given such hypethetical position then you are posting no more than tedious speculation with an intent to stir up old arguments. Why not give it a rest TFA ?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]If Bowkett and McNally are convinced that the sale of the ground is the right thing to do, do you think they will be allowed to get on with it or do you think the Stowmarket Two will have it their way?

I thought Delia had been recently reported as saying No to the sale.[/quote]Correct , but she has every right to change her mind if it was the only way forward.

[/quote]

Just like Delia and her hubby did with Mr Gunn.....They backed him.....3 days later.....They agreed with the other members of the board, then sacked him. What made them alter their stance?

Mr Bowkett stated that the sale of the stadium is an option.....Delia has been quoted as saying that the stadium will not be sold, so does that mean, that it''s not an option in the majority shareholder''s opinion?....Interesting.  

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Mr Tangiables,   

Now unless I am mistaken with a share holding of 61.5% or thereabouts if there was such a fundamental disagreement between the joint majority shareholders and the chairman and / or the chief executive then as majority shareholders it is within their power to sack other board members? 

This of course is key and if indeed I am correct is potentially where such a  significant decision could end, it’s the biggest decision of all isn’t it?[/quote]

Well done at least you have grasped the situation. 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Just like Delia and her hubby did with Mr Gunn.....They backed him.....3 days later.....They agreed with the other members of the board, then sacked him. What made them alter their stance?

Mr Bowkett stated that the sale of the stadium is an option.....Delia has been quoted as saying that the stadium will not be sold, so does that mean, that it''s not an option in the majority shareholder''s opinion?....Interesting.[/quote]Your first sentence concludes that they changed their minds so it''s not unreasonable to assume they could do the same IF question two arises.

[quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]Given that we know little about the actual value of the ground, the terms of any such sale or the terms of McNally''s contract given such hypethetical position then you are posting no more than tedious speculation with an intent to stir up old arguments. Why not give it a rest TFA ?[/quote]

Its not hypothetical. Why do you think the club is getting a professional valuation study? To waste money?

And I will decide when I will exercise my right to Freedom of Speech, not you!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]If Bowkett and McNally are convinced that the sale of the ground is the right thing to do, do you think they will be allowed to get on with it or do you think the Stowmarket Two will have it their way?

[/quote]

Mr Bowkett stated that the sale of the stadium is an option.....Delia has been quoted as saying that the stadium will not be sold, so does that mean, that it''s not an option in the majority shareholder''s opinion?....Interesting.  

[/quote]

It is interesting!

[quote user="morty"]I see this thread lurching towards Delia hating then lurching around the houses before making 50 pages.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought Morty did an excellent job of assessing the only logical consequence of your original redundant question. You are only stirring Tangie because, as you well know, whatever the decision of the Board, it will be fed to the rest of us as a Board decision, not he said this and she said that. So, given that, perhaps you can explain the point of your question.

Now, with respect to you Tangie, a more interesting question you might have pondered may have been should you spend your time exercising your Freedom Of Speech rights or get busy searching for your umbrella.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought Morty did an excellent job of assessing the only logical consequence of your original redundant question. You are only stirring Tangie because, as you well know, whatever the decision of the Board, it will be fed to the rest of us as a Board decision, not he said this and she said that. So, given that, perhaps you can explain the point of your question.

[/quote]

Bury Green grasped the issue correctly, you should try reading his post.

Forward with Bowkett, McNally and Lambert or stagnation that is the question.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]If Bowkett and McNally are convinced that the sale of the ground is the right thing to do, do you think they will be allowed to get on with it or do you think the Stowmarket Two will have it their way?

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is interesting!

[/quote]Unlike any of your posts[:)]