Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

lamberts magic words to the players..?

i was thinking... i wonder what was going through the players of norwich city minds when they found out the manager of a team that gave them a kicking was about to take over as new manager.

i should imagine just that one result and that situation has had a big impact on our results of late and how our fortunes have changed .

what on earth did the man with the magic say to the players ..?

i cant wait for the return fixture it will be interesting to see lamberts tactics in this one ..

this will be a big test of charactor for the players and lambert to see how far we have come since that nightmare day.

[quote user="singing canary"]i was thinking... i wonder what was going through the players of norwich city minds when they found out the manager of a team that gave them a kicking was about to take over as new manager. i should imagine just that one result and that situation has had a big impact on our results of late and how our fortunes have changed . what on earth did the man with the magic say to the players ..? i cant wait for the return fixture it will be interesting to see lamberts tactics in this one .. this will be a big test of charactor for the players and lambert to see how far we have come since that nightmare day.[/quote]

I think the test of character as you''ve put it has come already in getting the team in 2nd place...Colchester will be purely a revenge ''mission''

When he came in he encouraged the players to forget about the defeat and as we were only 3 league games through the season, he said "the season starts here"

I also think that just him coming gave the players a confidence boost - he has experience, which Gunn didn''t have, and he had also just acheived a 7-1 away win.