Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Booing The Players?!

Is it the right thing to do??,

Watching SSN and Nigel Clough has said that the fans should boo the players etc, and Dave Jones has said that by Booing it gives the opposition a lift!?

So as a foorball fan do you think it is right to boo players?!!?

I was watching that too.I disagree with it during the game, but as soon as the final whistle goes, and you are unhappy with the product you have just paid for, then letting the players and coaching staff know that you are unhappy is acceptable in my opinion.

[quote user="morty"]I was watching that too.

I disagree with it during the game, but as soon as the final whistle goes, and you are unhappy with the product you have just paid for, then letting the players and coaching staff know that you are unhappy is acceptable in my opinion.
[/quote]

what about at half time thought??

that can have both positive and negative effect on the team

positive - the players want to show the fans how good they are and play their best

negative - the players feel bad and just don''t try because they don''t think the fans will be happy either way!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="morty"]I was watching that too.I disagree with it during the game, but as soon as the final whistle goes, and you are unhappy with the product you have just paid for, then letting the players and coaching staff know that you are unhappy is acceptable in my opinion.[/quote]

what about at half time thought??

that can have both positive and negative effect on the team

positive - the players want to show the fans how good they are and play their best

negative - the players feel bad and just don''t try because they don''t think the fans will be happy either way!

[/quote]No, I think its the managers job to let the players what he thinks at half time. Only really at full time can you boo and be sure it won''t have a negative effect on some or all of the players.

Football fans are too stupid for booing to be a good idea, we get things wrong too often. Booing Megson at 2-0 up for bringing off Klasnic when a couple of weeks ago he did the same thing and they won the game, chanting you don''t know what you''re doing at Steve Bruce when he made ANY sort of substitution at Birmingham, only for him to leave, keep Wigan up and relegate Birmingham.

I''m with morty on this. Fans have the right to express their opinion but it should only be after the final whistle. Booing during the game can have a negative impact on players'' performances. We, as fans, should be encouraging good performances, not bringing them down.

if you don''t shoot you don''t score, I have been at norwich games in the past when there hasn''t been a single shot on target now that is not good... will i boo well no if it is man u... but some games for sure

we all yell out if a player misses a simple pass... or can''t even take a corner and put it beyond the first man

I will boo tho at halftime if we have been inept... and we have all seen it... there have been players that I don''t think warrant the shirt and get paid thousands of pounds a week to play 90 minutes... 90% of football fans would take there annual wage just to have a year of a footballer

small training hours a day and then perform for 90 minutes

at the end of the game certainly it is also the only way you can show your disgust at decisions by the board and begin change... before you turn to no shows or banners etc.

booing is the first sign of discontent and I for one feel that there have been many times as a norwich fan our team have deserved it

Leeds away this season was a real eye opener for me, had some twat behind me go mental every time someone didn''t shoot from 40 yards, didn''t make an overlapping run which would leave us exposed, misplaced a pass, got tackled etc. Distinctly remember him getting really angry when I think, Chris Martin, lost the ball, I believe he screamed "just go around the f****r you useless C***" - charming, the expectations are unrealistic, you can''t expect Martin to be able to use some silky moves to beat his man every time, not even most of the time. He''s not a dribbler, likewise our midfielders aren''t Iniesta and Xavi, they will misplace passes. I got the distinct impression if everyone was like him we''d have spent that match booing the players, who were excellent all game.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]I''m with morty on this. Fans have the right to express their opinion but it should only be after the final whistle. Booing during the game can have a negative impact on players'' performances. We, as fans, should be encouraging good performances, not bringing them down.[/quote]

Boooo go back to the kitchen

Everyone whdurio pays their money to go watch a football game has the right to boo the team if they see fit.

Personally, I like to try and lift the team during the game, and I don''t think boo''s will help lift anyones performance. Like was mentioned above, booing after fulltime is OK.

During the game though, I reserve my boos for the Ref.

[quote user="8 Pints of lager please donna babe"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]I''m with morty on this. Fans have the right to express their opinion but it should only be after the final whistle. Booing during the game can have a negative impact on players'' performances. We, as fans, should be encouraging good performances, not bringing them down.[/quote]

Boooo go back to the kitchen

[/quote]

Lol!!!