Sign in to follow this  
boo

Cowling rant Again

Why cant he stop.....jumped up ****

http://www.colchester.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=184235

[quote user="boo"]Why cant he stop.....jumped up ****

http://www.colchester.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=184235[/quote]To be fair though, he''s got a point, hasn''t he? Surely we would feel exactly the same if the roles were reversed?

[quote user="wessex_exile"]He''ll probably stop when you lot stop whining about wanting more tickets...

Yeah?[/quote]Its got f*ck all to do with extra tickets and everything to do with the fact that un-fortunatly for you guys Paul Lambert has ambition.

I''m not sure you''ve thought that through Wessex....

Yes, obviously it''s a double edged sword, but if he leaves us for bigger and better things it''s because he''s doing very well for us.

We signed him up because he had potential, lets be honest, his record wasn''t amazing. If he leaves us for a bigger club it''s because he''s fulfilling his potential.

[quote user="wessex_exile"]Actually, I think you''ll find that it''s more likely to be unfortunate for you guys that Paul Lambert has ambition in the long run.[/quote]Did you not read the whole Burnley thread ?Norwich fans deep down know that at somepoint Lambert will move on.Although to move on he has to proove himself, at Norwich he has a chance of not only getting into the Championship but staying there.Insults aside, if Colchester did manage promotion they would be relegated again as they dont have the money, name or clout to get the players in to keep them up.Like it or hate it, accept that Norwich are a bigger club in footballing stature and reputation.

Errmm, or perhaps he just jumps ship as soon as the first better offer comes along; maybe having done well with you - but perhaps we can define well as, for instance, just getting to the play-offs (very likely) but not promoted; or promoted then he immediately jumps ship for a mid to lower table Premier League team without all that tarting about in the Championship?

Let''s face it, you all got your knickers in a twist as soon as the Burnley job became available (Burnley FFS) - so you know it''s coming, and you know it probably won''t be long either. Best wishes therefore for getting as much as you can out of the deal until he reverts to type and does to you what he''s already done to us.

[quote user="wessex_exile"]Best wishes therefore for getting as much as you can out of the deal until he reverts to type and does to you what he''s already done to us.[/quote][:|]If he gets us promoted this season then I would still wish him all the best.

[quote user="wessex_exile"] Best wishes therefore for getting as much as you can out of the deal until he reverts to type and does to you what he''s already done to us.[/quote][:''(]If he gets us promoted this season then I would still wish him all the best.

Wessex, i''m not being big-headed here, but i''m sure even with the green eyed monster jumping on that chip you''ve got on your shoulder you would agree that we are a club with bigger potential than Wycombe, Livingstone and your beloved Colchester.

I think he (Lambert) jumps ship if he feels the ship he''s on has hit shallow waters, now where that happens with Norwich i don''t know.. We should be between Championship and Premiership for our size, so i would guess that if he managed to get us into the playoffs at Championship level and felt the ship grinding, that would be the point he would seriously consider jumping. And why not? If you have no beleif in moving forwards then it''s best to move on and let someone else have a crack, otherwise the situation gets stale.

I''m not having a slate at Colchester here because you''ve come a real long way in previous seasons, and despite the number of colchester supporters we''re having on here being tits, i still gotta say hats off to you for what your club has achieved, with the games in hand we''re effectively neck and neck and we''re on one hell of a run.

You just need to establish your support base to support the team now, and future managers will probably think twice about jumping - Its clear that Lambert loves the support we give at Norwich, and thats something that cant be generated by a season in the championship, its the clubs legacy.

Would you? Potentially your best manager for god knows how long walks out after taking you to the Championship and you''d wave him off with thanks and best wishes - to somewhere like Bolton, Blackburn or Wigan? I thought you''d left all that ''nice family club'' stuff behind you these days?

[quote user="wessex_exile"]Would you? Potentially your best manager for god knows how long walks out after taking you to the Championship and you''d wave him off with thanks and best wishes - to somewhere like Bolton, Blackburn or Wigan? I thought you''d left all that ''nice family club'' stuff behind you these days?[/quote]Mike WalkerMartin O''Neill

[quote user="wessex_exile"]Would you? Potentially your best manager for god knows how long walks out after taking you to the Championship and you''d wave him off with thanks and best wishes - to somewhere like Bolton, Blackburn or Wigan? I thought you''d left all that ''nice family club'' stuff behind you these days?[/quote]Look mate, let''s not beat about the bush. If he''s not committed then he might as well go and do one. As long as he has done a remarkable job in his time with us, and got us promoted in his first season, then it will be his loss, believe me.There are plenty of decent managers who could take a club like Norwich places - it''s just that this is the first time since Worthington that the board have actually appointed one!