Sign in to follow this  
@NYCANARIES

Colchester's stadium is rubbish.

That stadium cost 14 million. Heating costs between 150-300k. Wonder how much they will lose in refunds if its called off and replayed on  Tuesday night.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]like i mentioned in another thread, all new stadiums should have under soil heating as standard![;)][/quote]

Thats like saying we should have a winter break next year, cos of the cold snap this year.

With the current PC brigade declaring that it is unsafe for mere mortals to step outside on snow at an event because of possible litgation it matters not whether the pitch is heated if the surrounding 20 mile radius is covered in 8 inches of snow (as was the case for our only PP since we''ve been at WHCS).

Therefore the installation and running costs have to be justified quite apart from the abysmal eco-friendlyness of maintaining 11 degrees at pitch level in negative ambient temperatures.

I''m sure we''d have loved to have had undersoil heating ''just in case'' for one or two games a season but the Stadium shell was built by the Council on a budget with all the bells and whistles added by your friend Mr Cowling. If you have ever been to Layer Road you will realise that we are grateful to have hot and cold running water, fairly decent concourse concessions and a fantastic view of the pitch.

The difference with your ground is that it is surrounded by roads that get naturally de-iced. Our ground is out in the wilds with no through traffic as a result of Highways decision to block a road on non-matchdays. Indeed the Stadium should not even be built yet as the planning permission stated that the adjacent junction on the A12 had to be constructed and opened before any development could take place (hence why there are no pubs etc yet). That work started in November but the junction will not be ready until March 2011.

Some of you may consider us to be a ''tinpot'' ''village'' club but we are striding forward with no delusions of grandeur. So we''ve only got 5,000 regulars - it was only a few years ago that we had 3,000 so something is going in the right direction. In Norwich - there ARE no other local distractions from other clubs and so your catchment area is enormous and fairly static. We have had to contend with the *cough* success of that team, only 11 minutes away by train, in the 70''s 80''s and an influx of London team-supporting commuters. Its fantastic that you get 25,000 every week - what other League in the World could attract such crowds for their third tier? - but we are slowly growing our support as Saturday will show. Yes we''ve suddenly found 2,500 more fans but they are there if the fayre is attractive and watchable. I remember going to Wigan and there was 1,600, Hull 3,500, Fulham 3,000 but those clubs have moved on, with the help of financial backing.

Right now that financial backing is about getting back into the Championship and stablising, growing the fan base and competing with the likes of yourselves and that other team that cannot be mentioned. So you see undersoil heating probably didn''t even come on the first page of ''must haves'' when Mr Cowling paid out to fit out the Stadium shell.

Nexus - Is that the best, most intelligent response you can come up with??Magnificent Seven has given a lucid and constructive appraisal of where ColU are and the reasons for this. I live in Colchester and he''s spot on.Frankly, as a lifelong Norwich fan I''m embarassed at many of the childish and aggressive posts on this board. Yes, Cowling has behaved like an idiot but that''s no reason to lower yourself to his level.I''m hoping for a good contest on Sat that passes off peacefully. Then we can all move on and go back to our traditional rivals.Nexus - I suggest you read what you''re writing and think whether you''re making yourself look an idiot before you post.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]*Big Ben Chimes*Tinpot Pub TeamTinpot Pub Team

[/quote]Pay no attention, it made me chuckle.[Y]

[quote user="Col Canary"]Nexus - Is that the best, most intelligent response you can come up with??Magnificent Seven has given a lucid and constructive appraisal of where ColU are and the reasons for this. I live in Colchester and he''s spot on.Frankly, as a lifelong Norwich fan I''m embarassed at many of the childish and aggressive posts on this board. Yes, Cowling has behaved like an idiot but that''s no reason to lower yourself to his level.I''m hoping for a good contest on Sat that passes off peacefully. Then we can all move on and go back to our traditional rivals.Nexus - I suggest you read what you''re writing and think whether you''re making yourself look an idiot before you post.[/quote]No but it was bloody funny ! :)And as a lifelong Norwich fan im glad you just made your first post on the boards....took you a bleeding lifetime mate !

True - I''ve never posted on here before (I''ve been on WOTB in the past). I tend to have the occasional read of this board. But I felt the need to register and post this time due to the stupid comments that are in danger of staining our previously good rep with ColU fans.

[quote user="Col Canary"]True - I''ve never posted on here before (I''ve been on WOTB in the past). I tend to have the occasional read of this board. But I felt the need to register and post this time due to the stupid comments that are in danger of staining our previously good rep with ColU fans.[/quote]Norwich City board...right ?Norwich City board... for NORWICH CITY FANSIf your an opposition fan be it anything, even a binner... your still welcome.BUTYour welcome is outstayed when you come in here looking for sympathy, moaning or generally being a duche bag about the whole Lambert / compensation fiasco or anything else.Zero duche baggery ! We have enough of that amongst ourselves :)I only say the things i say to Colwho ? Fans to get a rise.Its like fishing..I cast out a line, i get a bite i reel in the fish.If the fish are biting ill keep fishing that spot till the fish move on then ill change spots... dont like it ?? Dont comment or dont make a duche bag comment.What do you want on a partisan Norwich board..

Oh Colchester, we are soo soo sorry from the bottom of our hearts !! Curse McNally and his getting Lambert, i mean.. why would we want to achive things if it was a set back to our good ol buddy pals Colchester !! Now as fans of Norwich we demand that Lambert resign and head back to do the job he set out to at Colchester because we are genuinely really heart broken by this rift between our two clubs ?!?

Seriously mate....

Think you''ve missed my point there Nexus.I''ve got no problem with us nicking Lambert, that''s business. If you check my posts you''ll see I haven''t mentioned it. I''m merely objecting to the arrogant and abusive statements about "village", "little club", etc. Doesn''t do anything for our rep does it? Its precisely this stuff that we dislike Wolves for, who seem to have a superiority complex over most other Championship teams. Remember the playoff season? I''m sure the arrogance emanating from Molineux helped our players gain extra incentive to make the late run for the playoffs and then beat Wolves in the semis.

This junk has been going on since Lambert joined us.Am i supposed to sit back and allow Colchester fans to insult Norwich and the fans on Norwich boards ??Thats as stupid as the fact we are not allowed to fly the English flag in England because its considered racist by people of none English ethnicity.Im supposed to be all nice and friendly to Colchester fans who come in here being bell ends becasuse they are our guests and my insults look bad on Norwich ???Jog on pal its called banter.If i was on Colchester boards spouting stuff like this then fair do''s , bang out of order and shouldnt be calling them Tin Pot villagers on thier boards.But last time i looked, this was a Norwich board.You come into my house without an invite and ill chase you out.Same principle applies.And i think you will find many other Norwich fans agree with this statement.

Frankly col canary, I think (and this may come across as arrogant but it''s not intended to) if I were a col u fan I''d be delighted that Norwich fans have resorted to being rude. If it''s not a compliment I''m not sure what is!

Far ruder and more patronising it would be if we were to ignore them completely. Unfortunately for us they are our rivals this season (league table only for me, nothing other than that).

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]No but it was bloody funny ! :)[/quote]Yeah, I''m sure your 6 year old students would love it! Make sure you write it down, wouldn''t want them to miss a syllable!

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]No but it was bloody funny ! :)[/quote]Yeah, I''m sure your 6 year old students would love it! Make sure you write it down, wouldn''t want them to miss a syllable![/quote]I already wrote it down hence you were able to read it dumb ass

Ohhh, you don''t come back from a sucker punch like that!! :)

This thread is nuts, it''s just good banter yet people are getting upset cause poor little Chelmsford (Whatever their name is again) aren''t a pub team - We f--king well know they''re not really!! get a grip!!

...More a social club arent they? ;)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]No but it was bloody funny ! :)[/quote]Yeah, I''m sure your 6 year old students would love it! Make sure you write it down, wouldn''t want them to miss a syllable![/quote]I already wrote it down hence you were able to read it dumb ass[/quote]I meant on paper, so you could read it out on in registration. Nothing like a bit of mindless adulation, eh? Do make sure you put it through a grammar checker first, or at least add some punctuation, or they''ll never make the Pink ''Un grade!

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]I.S. You''re out for the count mate, you should have resorted to a ''your momma'' joke really.[/quote]Nah, if i was that desperate I would probably have called him a Nazi and ran. Still, I''m glad you managed to get online at this hour, perhaps you''ll have to explain to your Mummy and Daddy why Mr Nexus encouraged you online at this hour?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Skijumptoes"]I.S. You''re out for the count mate, you should have resorted to a ''your momma'' joke really.[/quote]Nah, if i was that desperate I would probably have called him a Nazi and ran. Still, I''m glad you managed to get online at this hour, perhaps you''ll have to explain to your Mummy and Daddy why Mr Nexus encouraged you online at this hour?[/quote]Thats Sir to you sunshine.