Sign in to follow this  
Puzzy magnet

Need a hand Mr Cowling?

It defies belief that when designing and building a new stadium they didn''t think to spend a few hundred thousand pounds extra to put in undersoil heating. I half want this game to get called off so all the Colchester fans don''t bother turning up for the re-arranged date.

[quote user="Graeme Miles"]Any fans willing to show up in their City shirts and lend a hand? that would be ironic [:O][/quote]

And show pure class!

Joking aside though we do need this game on with Walsall off Colchester off and Brentford still in cup ( their cup game just postponed again ) we could face not playing again until 30/1/2010

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

It defies belief that when designing and building a new stadium they didn''t think to spend a few hundred thousand pounds extra to put in undersoil heating. I half want this game to get called off so all the Colchester fans don''t bother turning up for the re-arranged date.

[/quote]

BTW.  I was surprised to find out that its up to each club as to their refund policy if a game gets postponed....remember Walsall having to be persuaded to give a refund. Do  you think the Colchester Chairman would be helpful?

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Joking aside though we do need this game on with Walsall off Colchester off and Brentford still in cup ( their cup game just postponed again ) we could face not playing again until 30/1/2010[/quote]

Not really. I would quite happily play them later in the season once Whitbread is fit and Askou is back. One or other team may have faltered by then and it might not be as much of a six pointer.

[quote user="Graeme Miles"]Any fans willing to show up in their City shirts and lend a hand? that would be ironic [:O][/quote]This actually a really good idea! If I was down in still I would consider going down as that is the perfect gesture to point out how silly Cowling has behaved! Imagine that a whole team of Norwich fans, maybe some who didnt manage to get tickets, coming and helping  to try and get a game of football on.... it would make him look really really stupid!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Joking aside though we do need this game on with Walsall off Colchester off and Brentford still in cup ( their cup game just postponed again ) we could face not playing again until 30/1/2010[/quote]

Not really. I would quite happily play them later in the season once Whitbread is fit and Askou is back. One or other team may have faltered by then and it might not be as much of a six pointer.

[/quote]I think its always going to be a six pointer, regardless.

Just looked on the bbc weather forecast for colchester for the next few days and its looking pretty good too be honest-http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2189?&search=colchester&itemsPerPage=10&region=world.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Graeme Miles"]Any fans willing to show up in their City shirts and lend a hand? that would be ironic [:O][/quote]

And show pure class!

[/quote]

Now that would be pretty damn spectacular !!Although the post asking for fans to clear the pitch is snigger worthy,

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

And show pure class!

[/quote]

Now that would be pretty damn spectacular !!

Although the post asking for fans to clear the pitch is snigger worthy,
[/quote]

Perhaps we should all go get a sin full and then PEEEEEEE all over the pitch that might help

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

And show pure class!

[/quote]

Now that would be pretty damn spectacular !!

Although the post asking for fans to clear the pitch is snigger worthy,
[/quote]

Perhaps we should all go get a sin full and then PEEEEEEE all over the pitch that might help

[/quote]

Whats the problem Cowling blows enough hot air to clear several pitches all in one go.

[/quote]But they did build a sodding great shed to leave all the shovels in.   Hence the name, The Shed End

I''d laugh if a load of Canary fans decked in yellow and green came to help which in reality would be vital for the snow clearing efforts beings Colchester people can''t be arsed to turn up for games let along pitch sweeping!

The idea was to get the snow off the pitch before the Met Office predicted thaw (so expect 3ft of snow on Friday) to avoid standing water on the pitch.  A fair number turned up I believe and substantial progress was made.  They get a free ticket out of it as well.

Fratton Park with undersoil heating did it the other week (they got two free tickets each) and Norwich used to before you got all la-de-da. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

The idea was to get the snow off the pitch before the Met Office predicted thaw (so expect 3ft of snow on Friday) to avoid standing water on the pitch.  A fair number turned up I believe and substantial progress was made.  They get a free ticket out of it as well.

Fratton Park with undersoil heating did it the other week (they got two free tickets each) and Norwich used to before you got all la-de-da. 

[/quote]Peterborough are more la-de-da than us.

[quote user="Tunica Molesta"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]Peterborough are more la-de-da than us.[/quote]

Yeah, their dead posh! Sorry I couldn''t help myself!

[quote user="Tunica Molesta"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Peterborough are more la-de-da than us.
[/quote]

No you are the most la-de-da.  You are just gracing us with your presence, for which we are all terribly grateful, and but for a terrible accident and that Worthington k*ob you should rightfully be halfway up the Premier League.

We know our place and we are deeply honoured that you will be coming to Colchester on Saturday.

We would have done bunting but times are hard this end.[;)]   

I hope you peasants will be suited and booted for our visit, the board are having a press conference tomorrow explaining how you can gain access to our supporters should autographs be required.

The players were going to allow autographs to be made to the Chelmsford supporters too, but apparently the Chelmsford players have taken up all this time to bring their children along to meet and have photos taken with professional footballers.

Yeh , we want Morris Dancers in the pre match as well...all good ye olde English villages have Morris Dancers...Can you make it so half have Blue and white hankies and the others have Green and Yellow ?Would look pretty fab.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Yeh , we want Morris Dancers in the pre match as well...all good ye olde English villages have Morris Dancers...[/quote]We sure do...But as good as the Colchester Morris men are, I''m sure the Norwich Morris Men are a much bigger and more successful outfit, eh?Gotta say, every time I read some attempt (mainly by you) at likening Colu to some kind of rural inbreeding backwater I do have to pinch myself. Coming from supporters of a team in that there London place would be understandable, but from the normally good people of Norfolk? Remind me, whose MP had to apologise for comments he made about inbreeding?