Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Quick Question..Sorry if already asked

If the club does decide to sell Carrow Road if it''s time to expand the stadium for more seats who pay''s for it? The Club or does whoever is the new owner is?

First of all, I''m mainly replying to this because you have a superb username! I''m a 1980 child with similar music tastes it seems...

In answer to your question, I''d imagine that if we sold the stadium, we''d have no say in any capacity increases... unless we were willing to pay for it. Which surely wouldn''t happen.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]If the club does decide to sell Carrow Road if it''s time to expand the stadium for more seats who pay''s for it? The Club or does whoever is the new owner is? [/quote]The club and the new owners would have to come to an agreement over any further expansions. Costs would be split depending on the results of these negotiations, sorry I can''t be more exact than that but the club could end up paying the entire cost or none at all (both scenario''s are unlikely). It would probably result in a rent increase for us either way, but of course increased revenue.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Blurboy1980"]If the club does decide to sell Carrow Road if it''s time to expand the stadium for more seats who pay''s for it? The Club or does whoever is the new owner is?
[/quote]

The club and the new owners would have to come to an agreement over any further expansions. Costs would be split depending on the results of these negotiations, sorry I can''t be more exact than that but the club could end up paying the entire cost or none at all (both scenario''s are unlikely). It would probably result in a rent increase for us either way, but of course increased revenue.
[/quote]

good question burger boy

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]If the club does decide to sell Carrow Road if it''s time to expand the stadium for more seats who pay''s for it? The Club or does whoever is the new owner is? [/quote]It would be physically very difficult to increase the seating capacity of the existing ground. The corners have already been infilled. Demolishing an existing stand to build a new stand would probably not be cost effective as they are reasonably new stands anyway. You would need to increase the capacity considerably to give a financial return on the demolition and rebuild costs. A long lease would have to give the club a great deal of control over their existing facilities and whilst it may prohibit structural alterations without the landlord''s consent, this would probably be tempered by a provison that such consent could not be unreasonably refused and alterations which improved the ground''s facilities or income potential, would probably be specifically permitted.I cannot imagine that if a wealthy individual or even an institution purchased the freehold, they would want to get involved in financing further facilities themselves. They would probably see the investment as a simple "secure" long term income investment and provided the club did nothing to risk that investment, there would be no reason to object. Indeed, increasing the ground capacity would probably be seen as making the investment more secure, provided it was not the straw which broke the camel''s (club''s) back.